Rough River Kentucky Fly-in 2020 - April 23-26

This whole thing truly is a bummer. I don't see how Sue and I could do a weekend without the restaurant. I've had so many planned aviation things cancelled. I do believe this social distancing is the right thing to do. My prayers to all those that have been sickened by this virus. I have no doubt our country will rebound very quickly and very strongly. Can't wait. Let's reschedule here or somewhere as soon as it's allowed. Sign me as disappointed.

I'd say we are in play it by ear mode right now. Like Bry, getting the kids looked after may be a problem for us. I just don't don't know right now. I do know that all this virus business really sucks arse.

We'll just do a WebEx and make airplane noises I guess.

for those with kids, other than the fact that @Skyrys62 would have to stay 500 feet away from them, couldn't you bring them? make it a 'weekend in the sticks' with the kiddos? I dunno, just a thought. we could put 'em to work, washing planes and getting us beers and whatnot.

I'm on the fence as well, I'd really miss it if I didn't go, but I do believe the distancing is helping to reduce the load on hospitals and health care workers. Getting together from different geographic regions really increases the chances of taking something home you may not want.

Bah...

...and we just got hit with the shelter in place, all non-essential travel prohibited until further notice.

The park just called me and officially canceled on us. They said their governor closed it until mid-May.

The park just called me and officially canceled on us. They said their governor closed it until mid-May.

Same. Maybe we can do an early summer Midwest meetup for lunch or a weekend when this all passes.

Yep. :( We’ll make it happen once this all blows over.

Yeah, I'm not sure I am going to be make it. Without the restaurant and now no hotel or campgrounds, its going to be a tough sell for the family. Especially the 3 hour flight in Tyvek suits - I hear that gets hot. I just hope they don't push an update and make it the IMPSAFE checklist then it will be a total no-go.

I hung on as long as I could, but it's probably for the best in my case. I'm sitting here in NYC, with my company cycling me through LGA, EWR, or JFK on regular basis. I could easily be asymptomatic but carrying it, and it wouldn't make me feel good to know that I passed it on to you bunch of raging dipsh**s! :p

I hadn’t heard from them, probably because I think the mailbox on my home phone number is full, so I called them today to confirm my cancellation. Hopefully we can get this back on soon.

I hung on as long as I could, but it's probably for the best in my case. I'm sitting here in NYC, with my company cycling me through LGA, EWR, or JFK on regular basis. I could easily be asymptomatic but carrying it, and it wouldn't make me feel good to know that I passed it on to you bunch of raging dipsh**s! :p

deleteme7.jpg

I am so glad that we have to postpone as we couldn’t have come. Our Mooney is out of annual starting this month. No flying for us the next few weeks... :(

Now we know the real reason they put locks on the cockpit doors...to protect the passengers from the pilots?

Nope - Michigan (Detroit) forecasts rainy and rather cold weather for the upcoming weekend as of today... maybe the universe hasn’t heard yet that the fly-in is cancelled?!? I am sure it will change to CAVOK very soon...

Last edited:
Tomorrow would’ve been the day I was planning to fly up. Forecast is calling for showers and thunderstorms with gusty winds. Most likely would’ve had to scratch plans anyway. :(

Looking forward to trying again next year!

Ok. Which one of you degenerates brought the male blowup doll? Or was it a shared expense?

I got my buddy a female one at his batch party. Figured if he was getting married, the sex was pretty much over.

Back