Rough River 2022 (2I3) 4/22 - 4/24

runway resurfacing? Not many things that would close an airport for that long
Nah. That's called "our lighting was damaged by a tornado, and we don't know if/when we're going to fix it, so we're closing it at night for the foreseeable future"

Or they heard POA was coming under the cover of darkness.

Nah. That's called "our lighting was damaged by a tornado, and we don't know if/when we're going to fix it, so we're closing it at night for the foreseeable future"

Or they heard POA was coming under the cover of darkness.
Oh, I didn't catch the times

That is like 1730L to 0630L. I think someone said the beacon was out.

That is like 1730L to 0630L. I think someone said the beacon was out.

The times of when the NOTAM is active are wrong. It's closed at night because of damage to the lights. Is there a NOTAM? Yes. Are the times right? No. End of story

I'm bringing a day time beer, something like a Half Acre Daisy Cutter, and a nighttime beer, something like a pile of bricks.

What’s in this year’s lineup?
I’ll probably keep it simple and something I can bring with some volume (and extra CO2 obv!). I don’t have my new super double secret recipe ready for human consumption. So likely it’ll be a Blonde Ale, Kölsch, Pale Ale, etc. I need to deep clean tomorrow and I’ll probably brew the batch for RR this weekend. Once I do I’ll let you know what I decided on.

Guinness in cans? I like Guinness, but prefer Smithwicks

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

well I can't bring a whole keg and the cans taste much better than bottles, in this case. not the actual cans, the stuff inside the cans.

well I can't bring a whole keg and the cans taste much better than bottles, in this case. not the actual cans, the stuff inside the cans.

Guinness cans have some kind of N2 pressurization device in them, so you get that nice creamy head. And won't we need some Jameson to go along with that Irish beer?

Guinness cans have some kind of N2 pressurization device in them, so you get that nice creamy head. And won't we need some Jameson to go along with that Irish beer?

sheeit, might as well have us some irish car bombs!

9sJLm4.gif

@RDUPilot That's funny, but I kid you not, I had to let someone go once b/c of boilermakers during lunch!

I only drink "beer" if it has an IBU of 0 or less than 0. Don't like the bitterness at all. I'll drink some Mike's.

they probably had a roided up boss or something
Ha! That's me. In addition to his drinking, he greatly over billed his hours, expensed meals where it was clear he was treating someone else, was a master at hiding mistakes or shifting blame, was married with kids but had an affair with another person on the team, and for the coup de gras, stole our software and was trying to sell it overseas. A true psychopath.

I only drink "beer" if it has an IBU of 0 or less than 0. Don't like the bitterness at all. I'll drink some Mike's.

I always go for the highest IBU available.
The more bitter, the better.

Ha! That's me. In addition to his drinking, he greatly over billed his hours, expensed meals where it was clear he was treating someone else, was a master at hiding mistakes or shifting blame, was married with kids but had an affair with another person on the team, and for the coup de gras, stole our software and was trying to sell it overseas. A true psychopath.
sounded like you needed a few boilermakers and or Jager bombs..

Will there be bagels and lox again this year? That was quite delicious

I couldn’t tell if people enjoyed that or not. I was a little shocked to hear some people had never even heard of lox. If peeps are into it I can bring that again.

I always go for the highest IBU available. The more bitter, the better.
I'm w/ you. I just checked my favorite beer: IBU of 93.2. I don't know the scale to understand how significant that is over 0-10. I guess this is consistent w/ my dislike of sweet tea :)

I can't stand bitter beer. anything with a bitter aftertaste is just not for me, which is why I don't drink IPA's. I mean, it's called BITTER, how good can it be?

@eman1200 , someday you'll have to have some of my Blueberry Porter. If you like Guinness, there's a very good chance you'll like it. If it didn't take me 2x as long to get somewhere as you I'd consider joining you guys :)

@eman1200 , someday you'll have to have some of my Blueberry Porter. If you like Guinness, there's a very good chance you'll like it. If it didn't take me 2x as long to get somewhere as you I'd consider joining you guys :)

RR is a good one to get to. we can fly there and then actually have a beverage. the local stuff, we obviously can't do that. but heck yeah, I'd be interested in trying that!

@eman1200 If it didn't take me 2x as long to get somewhere as you I'd consider joining you guys :)
Considering he usually takes off, then lands back home because of clouds. Then takes off and lands back home because of turbulence. Then takes off and has a 60 KT headwind…you must be crawling backwards to be twice as slow as him to fly-ins. :)

Considering he usually takes off, then lands back home because of clouds. Then takes off and lands back home because of turbulence. Then takes off and has a 60 KT headwind…you must be crawling backwards to be twice as slow as him to fly-ins. :)

OUCH! clouds and turbulence and wind are scary!

Back