Rocket Man

I don't know. It's not something I'd do, mostly because I have a problem with heights and speed. But then again I know a lot of people who would NEVER go up in a light GA aircraft, thinking the same thing.

But I'm glad the guy did it. And it was a fun video to watch.

I want to see the video from inside showing his facial expressions. Isn’t that what folks do these days?

OKAY... the dude is nuttier that a Payday bar. Just nucking futz. But he survived a flight on a steam-powered red-neck rocket.
I'm kinda surprised the rocket was able to lift his testicles.

Actually... Some researchers have looked into steam rockets. Uses a laser shot at the side of the rocket to heat the water. It exits through a nozzle and provides thrust. It's cheap, and (in theory) could work.
The "Flat Earth" thing puts this cat squarely in the kook category.

OKAY... the dude is nuttier that a Payday bar. Just nucking futz. But he survived a flight on a steam-powered red-neck rocket.

I would have climbed right in if I had the chance. I did some pretty crazy stuff when I was young(er) and full of pee and vinegar.

Nowadays I am just full of pee.....

All that for 1800’? If you can’t get to 60,000’, why bother?

Instead of making this poor sap build his own rockets to prove his flat earth theory, perhaps we should all just chip in to send him here where he can do his research from a low earth orbit.

I couldn't read the PM article. But I read something somewhere about a problem with steam leaks. Steam powered rocket?
Gustav Whitehead would be proud.

This guy is another potential candidate for the Samuel Pierpont Langley award for failure to achieve flight in a spectacular manner.

Back