Riddles and Brainteasers

Bingo, hence my question.

If you believe in Darwin, two birds mated and laid a mutated egg with a baby chicken inside.

Not really as that mutated thing had to mate with something to make a chicken. Btw, can we get god and evolution off my riddle thread?

It does and I like it.

btw, now I'm confused on the chicken question. It's poor form to ask a riddle and not know the answer and I'm afraid that's where I find myself...

A little help?

Well, the Chicken one you can look at another way as well, it can't produce less than an egg on a day it produces.:D

Okay, if someone figures out the Chicken thing please share. Moving on, here's another. (I do know the answer too. I won't let THAT happen again!)

I am in a river, but not in a lake, I am in computer, but not in a T.V, and I am in rain, but not in snow, what am I?

Okay, if someone figures out the Chicken thing please share. Moving on, here's another. (I do know the answer too. I won't let THAT happen again!)

I am in a river, but not in a lake, I am in computer, but not in a T.V, and I am in rain, but not in snow, what am I?

The letter "R".

Let's see...

Three chickens means, 6 drumsticks, 6 wings, 3 breasts, 6 thighs....

I say, forget how many eggs they can lay and barbeque the damn chickens...

All in favor? :crazy:

I still don't get the father and son one... I thought it was brothers but he says brothers and sisters I have none...
Just now reading this thread.. I'm a little dense on the father/son one... Explanations please

I still don't get the father and son one... I thought it was brothers but he says brothers and sisters I have none...
Just now reading this thread.. I'm a little dense on the father/son one... Explanations please

The speaker is the father. "this man" is his son. "This man's father" is himself - So he is his son's father
"Is my father's son" - he is his father's son.

Okay, back to Riddles and Brainteasers.

What do the following words all have in common? Double consinets and vowels is NOT what I'm looking for either. There is a major common trait they all share.

1. Banana
2. Dresser
3. Grammar
4. Potato
5. Revive
6. Uneven
7. Assess

What do the following words all have in common? Double consinets and vowels is NOT what I'm looking for either. There is a major common trait they all share.

1. Banana
2. Dresser
3. Grammar
4. Potato
5. Revive
6. Uneven
7. Assess

Famine

While you work on the last one here is another.

Pedals around a rose, planets around the sun. You can't have a pedal if you don't have a rose and you can't have a planet if you don't have a sun.

3 1 4 = 2
6 5 4 = 4
1 2 3 = 2
2 4 6 = 0
2 2 2 = 0
3 3 3 = 6
5 1 3 = 6
6 1 4 = 0
1 6 3 = 2
5 5 5 = 12
2 3 5 = 6
1 3 2 4 = ?????

Pedals around a rose, planets around the sun. You can't have a pedal if you don't have a rose and you can't have a planet if you don't have a sun.

3 1 4 = 2
6 5 4 = 4
1 2 3 = 2
2 4 6 = 0
2 2 2 = 0
3 3 3 = 6
5 1 3 = 6
6 1 4 = 0
1 6 3 = 2
5 5 5 = 12
2 3 5 = 6
1 3 2 4 = ?????

1 3 2 4 = 2

6 3 5 5 1 = ??????

Last edited:

<SNIP>
But you can have pedals if you have a bicycle :wink2:

Last edited:

1. Banana
2. Dresser
3. Grammar
4. Potato
5. Revive
6. Uneven
7. Assess

They all have a number in front of them? :idea:

Three books are arranged in order (Vol. 1, 2, 3) on a shelf. The thickness of the pages of each book is 2 inches. The thickness of each cover is 1/4 inch. What is the distance from the first page of the first book to the last page of the last book?

7". I saw 3" (someone figured only one book) so I answered, don't know if anyone else came up with 7".

Hint: when a book is upright on a shelf, the front cover faces right. (at least, the way European language books are printed)

Oh, that is good. 3" then. Not as smart as I thought I was (where have I heard that before) ;)

1. Banana
2. Dresser
3. Grammar
4. Potato
5. Revive
6. Uneven
7. Assess

If you drop the first letter the are spelled the same forward and back?

Back