Reviving the Grand Tour thread

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
Tried to revive this thread but the site says it’s too old and can’t be posted to. Didn’t know we had a necropost filter now. Interesting.

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/na-top-gear-the-grand-tour.99470/

Anyway...

Been catching up on GT. Gave up on the new Top Gear a long time ago.

Season two has been fun, with episode six with the Jaguars shot at KTEX on the runway, and at the ski area, plus a funny cameo by the Mesa County Sheriff, being quite enjoyable.

Can really see the dip in the runway even now that they’ve somewhat flattened it out.

Some real belly laughs in a few of the episodes. Season two is better than season one. Episode four, “Unscripted” was a funny jab at the whiners who complained the show was too scripted.

Dumping the “kill a celebrity every week” and switching to having celebs drive a track timed lap is more fun, also.

Only bummer is the theme music was perfect in Season one, and some marketing wank decided to dumb down the blues/rock for some reason in Season two. I looked forward to hearing that theme music and didn’t even bother skipping it, watching on Prime Video.

Oh well, some people have no sense of music or taste. Now it sounds like a game show version.

Hammond’s wreck of the two million dollar car was pretty shocking also. Have read a bunch about that from other sources and watched the video he made with the personality-less CEO of the car company (he tried to drag a personality out of him then struggled to stay awake for the obviously bogus “analysis” of what happened).

The British media is all over a recent quote from Clarkson that Hammond has a “five minute memory” after all of his car wrecks, but he added “or he just doesn’t care” to it, and I think he’s just screwing with them and his buddy, for a little media attention.

Hammond probably does have some brain damage but you can tell it’s not that severe in live interview recordings. Maybe a short term memory retention thing, but sure seems like a bit of a prank by Clarkson.

Yeah I'm loving S2! Top Gear is garbage now without the trio

Season 2 is definitely getting better. I'm not quite as jazzed about a new episode waiting for me as I was 8-10 years ago with Top Gear but it is still nice to have these.

The appearance by Penn and Teller was pretty funny. I liked the outtakes from Jeremy's "drifting" around the farm. The trio really are great entertainers. On BBC, the first season of the re-invented Top Gear was horrible. Season 2 was a little better at the beginning, and improved over the season as the cast developed more chemistry. The season that will air starting in March will make or break it for me.

TG's theme song is much more awesome than GT's

I must say I’m a little disappointed they hurt a couple of little airplanes in a recent episode. I hope they were unairworthy and not going to fly again anyway... :) Funny stunt anyway though. The resulting vehicle was hilarious.

Tried to revive this thread but the site says it’s too old and can’t be posted to. Didn’t know we had a necropost filter now. Interesting.
You can click past the warning...

I think GT has gotten much better over Season 2. I like the celebrity F-off, just because it adds some fun to the group with the interviews. The Jaguar episode was great, especially at Telluride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Tour? I guess I need to GTS.

Yeah you do, I've warned you about that before! :D

Oh yeah , when you do find out, post it here so we, er I, don't have to GTS, pretty please?

Web interfaces suck ass. Always have, always will. The app REMOVES the crappy web interface.

And replaces it with it's own, different crappy interface that prevents you from posting in some threads . . . What else does it not let you do here and on other sites you use it for instead of visiting directly? You can't ever know . . . .

And replaces it with it's own, different crappy interface that prevents you from posting in some threads . . . What else does it not let you do here and on other sites you use it for instead of visiting directly? You can't ever know . . . .

Sure I can. But even if it were impossible to figure out...

A) Let’s see. Yep. IDGAF. That’s first and foremost of course.

B) Second, IDGAF about your opinion of how I use the site.

Well look at that. We’re up to two DGAFs! Yay.

C) The thread’s about the TV show. Go whine about it somewhere else in another thread to someone who does GAF. Bye.

A) Me, too.
B) I agree.

Hey, that's four DGAFs!!

C) I ain't said nothing bout no TV show, and haven't seen the one this thread is about . . . .

C) I ain't said nothing bout no TV show, and haven't seen the one this thread is about . . . .

Heh. You should check it out. Especially if you like cars.

I normally don’t watch much TV. Ironic considering there’s four of them in the house. Karen watches quite a bit. I usually grab the iPad and go read or something.

Heh. You should check it out. Especially if you like cars.

I normally don’t watch much TV. Ironic considering there’s four of them in the house. Karen watches quite a bit. I usually grab the iPad and go read or something.

Top Gear was good, then the new cast ruined it. Haven't seen or heard of the Grand Tour stuff, the title reminded me of a sailjng thread simeone started--up the East Coast, St. Lawrence, through the Great Lakes and down the Mississippi to the Gulf, then to Florida again . . . .

Sorta wish we could get a batch of us (not limited to three) and try to recreate one of their adventures... including bonus points for sabotages that are extremely funny, but still safe. (like Clarkson phoning the airline and first changing their seats from First to Coach, and then phone back to tell them that May and Hammond were recovering alcoholics and were not to be served alcohol)

Top Gear was good, then the new cast ruined it. Haven't seen or heard of the Grand Tour stuff, the title reminded me of a sailjng thread simeone started--up the East Coast, St. Lawrence, through the Great Lakes and down the Mississippi to the Gulf, then to Florida again . . . .

You’re thinking of the “Great Loop”, lol. Grand Tour (Gran Turismo) is what the “GT” stands for on numerous sports car models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Tour is Clarkson, May, and Hammond doing the recipe that made Top Gear famous. And since they have much more control over the production, it is even better than Top Gear.

It can be found on Amazon Video and is free with your Prime membership

Finished getting caught up on all of them before I passed out for many hours of sleep...

Was not too surprised that Hamster is declining some of the more dangerous things now. His personal risk analysis has changed a notch after that crash.

Oh hell, I saw Grand and thought this was a Grand Funk Railroad thread. Nevermind, carry on.

176809be-3424-473e-8ac9-61f0148e2818

Back