Registration and Aviation Data base

I never said location related...

And as I said, I do investigations for a living. I just spent 2 minutes to look up your info (and since you've made attempts to hide it, I won't share anything specific about what I found). But find away I did...nice house btw. Trains ever wake you up? And that staircase...wow.
But see? I found you in two minutes. Identity theft guys are good at what they do for a living too, making my job tough...but they'd find you in two minutes too. And that was just from James331 with some google fu.

fa3e19ffd513583d5f7ae60382262d9a0505d72589cd2374af2b2a7de75e057d.jpg

All jokes aside

So not too long ago I locked my keys in the house, called the local locksmith and this dude showed up, little basic pocket sized lock picking kit, had my door open in no time.

Anyone could find that same little kit and a book on picking locks off amazon, and with a little practice open my front door just as fast,

I still lock my front door.

Or as a cop, if someone really wanted to pick you off, they could, but you still wear a vest right?

I never said using a PO Box, blocked N number and a LLC was the end all privacy measure, actually I said words to the contrary, but it's a little extra layer, like my front door or your vest

..and as a guy who uses the LLC for taxes anyways and prefers the PO box, it really didn't cost me a thing, making it a easy decision in my case.

All jokes aside

So not too long ago I locked my keys in the house, called the local locksmith and this dude showed up, little basic pocket sized lock picking kit, had my door open in no time.

Anyone could find that same little kit and a book on picking locks off amazon, and with a little practice open my front door just as fast,

I still lock my front door.

Or as a cop, if someone really wanted to pick you off, they could, but you still wear a vest right?

I never said using a PO Box, blocked N number and a LLC was the end all privacy measure, actually I said words to the contrary, but it's a little extra layer, like my front door or your vest

..and as a guy who uses the LLC for taxes anyways and prefers the PO box, it really didn't cost me a thing, making it a easy decision in my case.

There is a whole industry that caters to people who are afraid of things. Look at how much advertising on Fox News that LifeLock does. What is that service? $200-300 per year that people have become convinced is going to protect them.

It just depends on how much fear one wants to live their lives. You can be afraid of lots of threats, real and imaginary, or, you can live a life that isn't full of worry.

Look at the above examples, of somebody being worried that his N-number would be seen 500 miles away, and the thief would be driving 500 miles to go rob his house. When pointed out by a cop that is not what happens, the poster then says that he was "just quickly" trying to come up with a scenario, and, yeah, that wasn't a real good scenario, but there is likely a better one..... just can't remember it.

In my state, and many others, for $30, you can buy a GPS app that works on your phone's map to show you the owner's name of EVERY landowner. You just drive down the road, and you can see who owns the property.

Even with that information. A name and an address, I am not sure what sinister actions would be taken. And what additional value having an N-number would provide the evil-doer.

Wow- it's almost like some people don't even read AND comprehend the comments and instead continually post in a condescending tone.
Once and finally for all- it absolutely cannot be disapproved with 100% CERTAINTY that removing your physical address from the FAA public database has no benefit whatsoever to every single individual who wishes to do so. This point cannot be INTELLIGENTLY argued, so get over it.
I DID NOT say I'm personally worried about being robbed, I said the potential exist.
So trying to twist my words around to make yourself feel superior is futile because there are plenty of people on this forum that have the sense to see BS.
clearly most everyone involved in this discussion understands that I obviously won't reveal my own reasoning, that would just defeat the purpose.

Back