Registration and Aviation Data base

Actually, the list of members is NOT easy to find in my state. They aren't required to be listed anywhere. The registered agent is listed and I guess if someone were to contact the SCC and jump through hoops they could find my original filing which probably has my signature on it somewhere but all that is online is my registered agent's name and address.

Bad news for ya: your address is ALREADY public.

And comparing your already-public address with locking your door is apples and oranges.
...my statement was as it pertains to the issue at hand, which is N number tied to address and being publicly available. So from an analogy standpoint the comparison isn't apples and oranges. The standpoint being why allow additional means of obtaining personal data than one has to? Vis-à-vis, why give additional means for someone to enter your home by leaving everything unlocked and open?
At any rate, my original post was essentially "how can it be accomplished?" My original post was not about the validity of doing it. Obviously that's a very broad and open ended statement which would be a debate. I was just looking for the shortest route to the most logical and concise answer.

Thanks to everyone who answered the specific question, I appreciate it.

The inquiry is asking what the value is.

Share with the rest of us how much safer you are if your address is hidden. So nobody knows your N- number. Are all the rest of us at some grave danger because ours are not hidden?

Please make us all safe. Pass along the wisdom you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, incorrect. My original post was how can I have my address disassociated with my N number. I did not ask what the "value" is.
Also as I said before, it has nothing to do with you "all being in grave danger"- everyone has their own set of circumstances. That is elementary common sense.

No, incorrect. My original post was how can I have my address disassociated with my N number. I did not ask what the "value" is.
Also as I said before, it has nothing to do with you "all being in grave danger"- everyone has their own set of circumstances. That is elementary common sense.

Wouldn't common sense be more associated with the effort to do something vs the value of doing that task?

What "common sense" leads one to jump thru the hoops proposed, in order to disassociate one's address and N-number?

No, that's not "common sense",but I do understand your 'effort vs value' paradigm. Nevertheless the response is still the same- everybody values things differently, we all can't be grouped together. Figurlatively speaking, "One size doesn't fit all", - that falls within the scope and definition of "common sense".
So personally (being the operative word) I think the value of setting up and paying a few bucks a month for a PO BOX greatly outweighs the rather minimal effort to do so in MY case. Simple and plain.

No, that's not "common sense",but I do understand your 'effort vs value' paradigm. Nevertheless the response is still the same- everybody values things differently, we all can't be grouped together. Figurlatively speaking, "One size doesn't fit all", - that falls within the scope and definition of "common sense".
So personally (being the operative word) I think the value of setting up and paying a few bucks a month for a PO BOX greatly outweighs the rather minimal effort to do so in MY case. Simple and plain.

You will still have your name registered on the plane, but just a PO box listed as the address?

What will that accomplish? Other than costing you money and effort?

Do you think with the information of your name, and the PO Box, sinister operatives will be prevented from executing their nefarious deeds?

You will still have your name registered on the plane, but just a PO box listed as the address?

Do you think with the information of your name, and the PO Box, sinister operatives will be prevented from executing their nefarious deeds?

Jesus, do you just like arguing for arguing's sake?

The guy didn't ask you if it was a good idea or worth his time and effort.

There is no way I know of, even when you sell the aircraft your name stays in the history records of the A/C.

Because the address where you live won't be on the FAA N search.

Again, following your logic, post your full name, DOB, SS, some address, after all with enough effort anyone could find it.

And leave your doors unlocked and the keys in your cars ignition, because we all know anyone with enough effort could break in/steal your car.

Also please leave all your bank account information and school schedule for your kids, again, anyone with enough effort and all

Again, following your logic, post your full name, DOB, SS, some address, after all with enough effort anyone could find it.

And leave your doors unlocked and the keys in your cars ignition, because we all know anyone with enough effort could break in/steal your car.

Also please leave all your bank account information and school schedule for your kids, again, anyone with enough effort and all

Do you really think that people are tracking down owners of airplanes to commit sinister acts against them?

I am guessing anybody can drive past your house, and get your address. Why would they waste time trying to track your airplane down to get your home address?

Or have you hidden your home address?

Who are the sinister people?

With an N number, and home address, what mischief could happen?

Do you really think that people are tracking down owners of airplanes to commit sinister acts against them?

I am guessing anybody can drive past your house, and get your address. Why would they waste time trying to track your airplane down to get your home address?

Or have you hidden your home address?

Who are the sinister people?

With an N number, and home address, what mischief could happen?

For one, you'd have no idea it was my house you drove by, and I also don't have a mail box, or any numbers on the house and if you don't know where to look you'll just drive by it, I got some good tree cover ;)

As for the rest, no idea who the sinister people are or what they do, there are good people and crappy people, try to be a smaller blip on the radar, long story short, it's just a need to know thing, and brother, most folks just don't need to know.

No one ever said "man I wish I had more personal information out there".

I've had a few instances where Ive had to deal with busybodies and government types, I view it like a seatbelt, do you believe you're going to total your car into a tree tonight? If not why bother with a seatbelt? Well because it takes no time to put on, doesn't have any major draw backs and because as an adult you know sometimes chit happens.

WTF?

...and if you really need an example of "sinister", how about the most basic concept. We live in a day and age where people have mentioned they were out of town on vacation innocently on social media only to come home to an empty house because they were robbed. It's not rocket science to think up reasons why we should be just a tad more secure with our info if at all possible.

Is it so far fetched to believe your plane could be spotted far away from your home address that they just looked up with the N number --- only to head to your empty home? (or a home where your wife is alone). Just like James said, there are good people and crappy people.
Whether or not this is any actual concern for anyone here, it darn sure is a possibility.

So ANYWAY o_O I know this is the world wide web and all, so I shouldn't be shocked with how far off tangent the discussion has become. I'll be watching only to reply to any comments with substantive value.

sub·stan·tive
adjective
ˈsəbstən(t)iv,
  1. having a firm basis in reality and therefore important, meaningful, or considerable.

hahaha :D :crazy:

...and if you really need an example of "sinister", how about the most basic concept. We live in a day and age where people have mentioned they were out of town on vacation innocently on social media only to come home to an empty house because they were robbed. It's not rocket science to think up reasons why we should be just a tad more secure with our info if at all possible.

Is it so far fetched to believe your plane could be spotted far away from your home address that they just looked up with the N number --- only to head to your empty home? (or a home where your wife is alone). Just like James said, there are good people and crappy people.
Whether or not this is any actual concern for anyone here, it darn sure is a possibility.

So ANYWAY o_O I know this is the world wide web and all, so I shouldn't be shocked with how far off tangent the discussion has become. I'll be watching only to reply to any comments with substantive value.

sub·stan·tive
adjective
ˈsəbstən(t)iv,
  1. having a firm basis in reality and therefore important, meaningful, or considerable.

hahaha :D :crazy:

Ok, I work in law enforcement...I've been in law enforcement my whole life (going on 30 years in law enforcement now). Do you really think criminals look up your N number to see if you're home? Really? Criminals are criminals because they view the work as EASY MONEY. That is not how they obtain easy money, looking up N numbers, hoping someone isn't home.

I do investigations...and frequently investigate identity theft. There is not ANYTHING on your registration that could not be obtained through other means...means that are actually EASIER than typing in an N number of a plane that just flew by.

Yeah, posting your social security number would be crazy...crazy as, um, posting personal information RIGHT IN YOUR SIGN ON NAME!!!! Right James 3 3 1???

And yes, my info is in my sign on name as well...but then, I'm not the one worrying about my identity.

Last edited:
Ok, I work in law enforcement...I've been in law enforcement my whole life (going on 30 years in law enforcement now). Do you really think criminals look up your N number to see if you're home? Really? Criminals are criminals because they view the work as EASY MONEY. That is not how they obtain easy money, looking up N numbers, hoping someone isn't home.

I do investigations...and frequently investigate identity theft. There is not ANYTHING on your registration that could not be obtained through other means...means that are actually EASIER than typing in an N number of a plane that just flew by.

That was just a simple example off the cuff, but entirely feasible. In your line of work you know good and well about crime opportunity theory which suggests that offenders make rational choices and thus choose targets that offer a high reward with little effort and risk. Easy opportunity is the first ingredient for a criminal mind. Lets play it out: So with this example the first opportunity is an empty home. Next ingredient - is it likely there is something of value in said home? Well a lot of criminals are idiots, so the first inclination is fancy car, fancy AIRPLANE etc, must mean there's something of value at their house.
Do you not agree that a criminal knowing with a pretty good degree of certainty that you're not home and they have your address in 4 seconds flat isn't EASY MONEY?
Don't get me wrong, I see your point. But your point relates to a criminal targeting a particular person first, then looking up information through other means. I'm talking about a criminal targeting any given N number with two very important pieces of information built in. 1. occupant is not home. 2. Here's the occupants address. Much like the Facebook example I gave.

Still at any rate, it was only mentioned as a basic concept. The main point is - anyone can have their own reasons for not listing a home address.

The main point is - anyone can have their own reasons for not listing a home address.

Sure, but you're fooling yourself if you think crime prevention is one of them.

The type of guy that breaks into a home is desperate...looking for fast, easy money. Running an N number of a plane flying over, then going to that address, means that the heroin addict has to drive past miles and miles of OTHER addresses. It really doesn't work like that.

Now, will these people seek out rich neighborhoods? Yep. Will they seek out houses that look like someone isn't home? Yep. But run an N number, to break into a house that very well may be dozens or hundreds of miles from where they ran it? Nope. I suppose, the billion to one shot, that you are flying OVER your home, and they run the number, and see you are up there? Okay, then...but I'd rather worry about more likely scenarios. And for your Facebook example, I'd tell that victim that one of his "friends" is a junkie or at the very least, the "friend" really liked the victim's stuff.

Last edited:
Sure, but you're fooling yourself if you think crime prevention is one of them.

The type of guy that breaks into a home is desperate...looking for fast, easy money. Running an N number of a plane flying over, then going to that address, means that the heroin addict has to drive past miles and miles of OTHER addresses. It really doesn't work like that.

Yes you may be correct, but it's not absolute.
But like I said, it was just an impromptu over-simplistic response to a prior post that was completely dismissive of the whole idea altogether. There are 10's of 100's of reasons why any given person may not want their address listed. I was just demonstrating one of the least complex reasons why this may be so.

Good grief.

If the guy doesn't want his home address to appear, why do so many of you get all upset?

Good grief.

If the guy doesn't want his home address to appear, why do so many of you get all upset?

Who's upset? Sounds like you're upset to me.

If you ask "how do I paint a plane with a toothbrush?" Would you be surprised if someone asks "why?" Better yet, would it upset you?

The OP asked for advice on how to register his or her airplane so that the address didn't appear. Why does it matter to others what the reason is?

y:

Yes, it really is far-fetched to think somebody's going to see your plane 500 miles away and then drive as fast as they can to beat you back to your house to rob your house.

They will have driven past 499 miles of other peoples houses. And once I get to your house, how did they know you don't have a house sitter? How do they know you don't have a guard? How did they know you don't have dogs?

No thief is going to drive 500 miles to steal your jewelry. That's not how thieves work.

Thinking your airplane makes you more of a target is just difficult to believe.

Good grief.

Who is upset?

Some of us are just shaking our heads, and laughing.

I think it's amusing, The lengths people will go. And I just try and understand what motivates that behavior.

Yeah, posting your social security number would be crazy...crazy as, um, posting personal information RIGHT IN YOUR SIGN ON NAME!!!! Right James 3 3 1???

And yes, my info is in my sign on name as well...but then, I'm not the one worrying about my identity.

I don't think that 331 means nearly as exact a location related tip as you think it does.

I've had a busy body call me into the Feds for nothing.

Had my home broken into a couple times, and a nice area too

Had my hangar broken into

Airplane = money, money = jealousy and target. Having your real name and address tied to that = not too smart

I don't think that 331 means nearly as exact a location related tip as you think it does...

I never said location related...

And as I said, I do investigations for a living. I just spent 2 minutes to look up your info (and since you've made attempts to hide it, I won't share anything specific about what I found). But find away I did...nice house btw. Trains ever wake you up? And that staircase...wow.
But see? I found you in two minutes. Identity theft guys are good at what they do for a living too, making my job tough...but they'd find you in two minutes too. And that was just from James331 with some google fu.

What is the fear that comes from flying a plane to an airport that one must set up an LLC, with all the related costs, annual statements, IRS filings, etc?
Uh, they know you're not home?

Who is upset?

Some of us are just shaking our heads, and laughing.

I think it's amusing, The lengths people will go. And I just try and understand what motivates that behavior.

OK. you're right, and I'm wrong. I will now completely change my ideas and beliefs because you know my life and everyone else's lives so well. The far fetched idea of spending a couple minutes leasing and registering a P.O. Box is indeed a complete and unreasonable, illogical, irrational, foolish, senseless, absurd and outrageously preposterous idea. And the "lengths" that I have realized that I must go to achieve this dream of mine will be such a burden on me that I'm now ashamed of conceiving the idea and sharing with the world. I didn't realize that opening another webpage and leasing a physical P.O. Box was so ludicrous that it would cause people to laugh and shake their heads disapprovingly in sheer and utter disbelief. I apologize world wide web. World wide web, I beg of you to please try to understand me and what motivates my behavior because it matters so much. I've mistakenly thought that in your infinite wisdom you could conceptualize just one iota of rationale in the circumstance at hand, but now I understand that you already know everything.

...said no one, ever. :loco:

I never said location related...

And as I said, I do investigations for a living. I just spent 2 minutes to look up your info (and since you've made attempts to hide it, I won't share anything specific about what I found). But find away I did...nice house btw. Trains ever wake you up? And that staircase...wow.
But see? I found you in two minutes. Identity theft guys are good at what they do for a living too, making my job tough...but they'd find you in two minutes too. And that was just from James331 with some google fu.
Kind of creepy that a cop would do that. Of course, it does prove the point of keeping one's info as private and hidden as possible.

Kind of creepy that a cop would do that. Of course, it does prove the point of keeping one's info as private and hidden as possible.
Do what? Google search a sign on name? Yeah! I'm a weirdo.

And that makes you fearful?

Tough way to go through life.

You're a whack job, Jose. Probably post on your FB every time you drop a stool.

You're a whack job, Jose. Probably post on your FB every time you drop a stool.

No.

But I frequently read POA while sitting on the toilet.

Not sure why you need to make personal insults. And Violate the rules of conduct.

No.

But I frequently read POA while sitting on the toilet.

Not sure why you need to make personal insults. And Violate the rules of conduct.

Go cry to Mommy.

Back