Real Pizza Coming to Texas

Meh, deep dish :no:

Traditional FTW

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 34
Agreed, James. NY or Naples thin crust is where it's at for me. Chicago can keep their loaf of bread pizza.

Big yawn. It's being done by the guy who owns Bikini's. Maybe they'll rub marinara on some boobies or something?

Attachments

• 220px-Blue-footed_Booby_(Sula_nebouxii)_-one_leg_raised.jpg
    220px-Blue-footed_Booby_(Sula_nebouxii)_-one_leg_raised.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 35
I'd be happy to have them here to the DC area. Our pizza sucks here.

Last edited:
If TX can claim real pizza, can the North claim to have real BBQ?

Oh man, that reminds me of Mi Pi. When I was a kid in OK, they had pizza that looks just like this. If I ever find a reason to go to Chicago, I am going to eat my weight in Mi Pi pizza

Damn Damn Damn.
I knew some one would post something like this today;
as I sit here pondering my liquid diet and my colonoscopy tomorrow and telling my stomach to STFU.

Oh man, that reminds me of Mi Pi. When I was a kid in OK, they had pizza that looks just like this. If I ever find a reason to go to Chicago, I am going to eat my weight in Mi Pi pizza

I've never been to Mi Pi, but it looks like the real deal. I'll join you, 6PC!

I just hope it's the same ingredients and quality as Geno's East. When Uno's began exporting their "Chicago-Style" pizza restaurants around the country, they were awful, and not representative of Chicago pizza.

I love pizza, and when I first visited Chicago years ago, people told me to visit one of three places. Giordano's, Gino's East, and the ORIGINAL Uno's (not one of the subsequent chain stores).

Turns out a Giordano's was right across the street from the hotel, so I picked them and was in heaven for a few days. I love Chicago style pizza, and although I like the stuffed, I actually prefer the thin crust instead.

I've always wanted to go back to Chicago and try the other places, too, and also Lou Malnati's, which I've read a lot about.

It's probably a good thing I don't live in Chicago, because being as much of a pizza fanatic as I am, I'd balloon up to 500 pounds gorging myself on pizza.

Chicago deep dish pizza is not real pizza.

Chicago deep dish pizza is not real pizza.
Not sure what difference that makes.
I love "real" pizza (although I'm not sure how many people have the same definition o f"real pizza")

But I also love Chicago deep dish pizza.

I even love those saltine crackers with ketchup that passes for pizza in New York.

This is what a pizza looks like.

Attachments

• Brooklyn_Pizza_Large_Cheese_Pizza.JPG
    Brooklyn_Pizza_Large_Cheese_Pizza.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 37
The last pizza I bought in Texas, I threw away the pizza and ate the box it came in. The latter tasted better. :yes: :D

Chain store pizza is not real pizza.
There are four things required to identify a place where you can get real pizza.
1. A guy named Vinnie (or Guido or Guiseppe) who has an Italian accent.
2. A 90+ year old widow, in a black dress and a bun, sitting in the corner staring at the guy named Vinnie as he makes the pizza.
3. At least one guy named Rocco, or Louie 3 Fingers or something similar who hangs out there, because.
4. At least one picture of the Virgin Mother and another saint hanging on the wall.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go into town and sit with my old pal, Carmine the Shoe, while his Godson, Luigi, makes me an eggplant Sicilian, and nonna Carmella, tells me all about the old days. Again.

:)

There are four things required to identify a place where you can get real pizza.
2. A 90+ year old widow, in a black dress and a bun, sitting in the corner staring at the guy named Vinnie as he makes the pizza.
3. At least one guy named Rocco, or Louie 3 Fingers or something similar who hangs out there, because.
4. At least one picture of the Virgin Mother and another saint hanging on the wall.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go into town and sit with my old pal, Carmine the Shoe, while his Godson, Luigi, makes me an eggplant Sicilian, and nonna Carmella, tells me all about the old days. Again.

Actually, some of the best "Italian" pizza places I know of these days are owned / operated by Latinos. Most of them sell the traditional-style pizza alongside versions with Latin-American tweaks, some of which are quite tasty.

Rich

Actually, some of the best "Italian" pizza places I know of these days are owned / operated by Latinos. Most of them sell the traditional-style pizza alongside versions with Latin-American tweaks, some of which are quite tasty.

Rich
That is happening in the Chicago area too. The number NY Style shop in the area is Latino owned and operated.

I love pizza, and when I first visited Chicago years ago, people told me to visit one of three places. Giordano's, Gino's East, and the ORIGINAL Uno's (not one of the subsequent chain stores).

Turns out a Giordano's was right across the street from the hotel, so I picked them and was in heaven for a few days. I love Chicago style pizza, and although I like the stuffed, I actually prefer the thin crust instead.

I've always wanted to go back to Chicago and try the other places, too, and also Lou Malnati's, which I've read a lot about.

It's probably a good thing I don't live in Chicago, because being as much of a pizza fanatic as I am, I'd balloon up to 500 pounds gorging myself on pizza.

I grew up in Chicago and still visit often, and my top two pizza joints are Lou Malnati's (multiple locations) and Due's on Ontario. I went to HS with some of the Malnati family, back when they only had one restaurant on Lincoln Ave in Lincolnwood. It was a hangout in high school.

Reminds me of walking Boston's North End, with all of the Goombas sitting in front of their families' awesome Italian restaurants.

Bah! I seem to say the same thing in all of Scott's pizza threads, the best is created in the kitchens of Steinholme (though this weekend's was not one of my finer examples).

Bah! I seem to say the same thing in all of Scott's pizza threads, the best is created in the kitchens of Steinholme (though this weekend's was not one of my finer examples).

Which EdFred has thourougly discredited because they have no meat.

Texas has had good pizza for at least a decade...at the Pizza Foundation in Marfa

:yes:

Blech! I live in California and don't visit those.

Yes, and the first time I heard of them, it was in Honolulu.

Sucky, sucky Pizza. Nothing Californian about them. But, unfortunately, some of the better food in Hawaii (good God the cuisine there sucks, especially when it tries to be trendy -- why the hell would I ever Ever EVER want a Spam rice bowl?).

Back