Real Pizza Coming to Texas

the pizza in vegas sucks too.. Only place i like is grimaldi's, but it's $$$$$$$$

the pizza in vegas sucks too.. Only place i like is grimaldi's, but it's $$$$$$$$

Gramaldis is really good.
I think I have a lifetime of free pizza coming from them

It is good but every single time I go, they forget my food, mess my food up, bring out the wrong food.

The one here has not ironed out the kinks involved in listening, paying attention, and writing down customer requests.

I just hope it's the same ingredients and quality as Geno's (sic) East. When Uno's began exporting their "Chicago-Style" pizza restaurants around the country, they were awful, and not representative of Chicago pizza.

:yeahthat:

Anybody try Nancy's Pizza in Chicago? Years ago we used to go to Nancy's near Harlem and Lawrence on the NW side of town for deep dish. They've since opened up some additional ones.

So; What's people's opinion of Old Chicago? I had one of their pizzas in Iowa and thought it was pretty good. Well, it was at least tasty.

This is seriously good pizza in LV

http://www.nakedcitylv.com/

They do a Buffalo NY style pie. It is really very good. I've spent more time in LV than I ever care to due to having family and property there. I do not deal with the strip and this is about as close as I like to come to the strip. It is worth the trip for the pizza there.

Lots of good places to eat in LV that are away from the tourist area.
Sadly that a-hole Guy Fieri went to school at UNLV so he keeps outing the places on his DDD show.

But these two are also very good:

Bulgarian (Try the watermelon and feta cheese salad): http://www.barforte.com/

Louisiana (cajun): http://lolaslasvegas.com/

Anybody try Nancy's Pizza in Chicago? Years ago we used to go to Nancy's near Harlem and Lawrence on the NW side of town for deep dish. They've since opened up some additional ones.

Nancy's is my absolute favorite stuffed pizza!!! There is one near my house.

So; What's people's opinion of Old Chicago? I had one of their pizzas in Iowa and thought it was pretty good. Well, it was at least tasty.

soggy...

If it's anything like the "real pizza" I ate in New York City then I'll pass.

I've had real pizza in Italy.

Chicago-style deep dish tastes good, but it is not real pizza. Not even close.

You can find pizza in the US that comes pretty close, but it is definitely not common. If the restaurant has a blistering-hot wood-fired oven, hand tosses the dough, and serves only personal size pies, that's a good start. But even then, it might not be real Italian style pizza.

I loved Old Chicago. We had one but it got taken over by Uno :(
OC was really good!.

I always enjoyed Nancy's thin pizza better than their thick. But that was a good joint too.

Tony had the right idea - Pizza Foundation, Marfa. Good stuff.

- why the hell would I ever Ever EVER want a Spam rice bowl?).

I wouldn't, either. But Spam is quite popular in Hawaii. I have no idea why, but it is. Far more in the grocery stores there than at home. Whatever floats your boat...

Back