RC guy plays air traffic control.

Last edited:
I still don't see a airport replacement for Chicago Meigs just when are they going to replace it. It's been almost 20 years and yes I was wrong they did pay the $33K fine after spending $500K to fight it.
There was a candidate running for mayor last election that said he'd reopen in. At this point it's a pipe dream. It was done under the guise of safety but Meigs made the airspace safer and brought revenue. The only options near there are PWK and UGN. They'll try and push Peotone, which is dumb when Gary sits pretty dead on most days

Some FSDO’s are good with it and ours is for a few different airports but generally you guys are a bunch of ass hats…. Geez just sounded like the guy was being alert and commutative.

“General Aviation” is suppose to be fun, enjoyable, shareable, and inviting but good grief so many people are jerks these days. Truly sad…

I've seen RC fields located at "real" airports without a problem. They're usually tucked out of the way of pattern. We've often got people flying RC planes at our field. They know to stay out of the way of the big guys.

Some FSDO’s are good with it and ours is for a few different airports but generally you guys are a bunch of ass hats…. Geez just sounded like the guy was being alert and commutative.

“General Aviation” is suppose to be fun, enjoyable, shareable, and inviting but good grief so many people are jerks these days. Truly sad…
I guess you felt like the world needed one more?

In addition, unless the guy is acting under the auspices of the Unicom operator or from an aircraft using the airport, it is ILLEGAL for him to be making such transmissions. Aviation frequencies are not Childrens Band.

We have been sharing an untowered airport with RC flyers for decades and have never had an incident.
Many of the full scale pilots also fly RC.
If everyone knows the rules and obeys the rules, everyone coexists just fine.

Back