Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
NOTE TO MODS:

This is not a political statement. The political affiliation of the following case study is irrelevant. I'm attacking what I think is a current trend in publicizing, not a party or a candidate.

Okay. Let's get this out of the way. It happens usually, three times a day. Sometimes in the morning. Sometimes in the afternoon. Sometimes in the middle of dinner but I have to check from the time stamp because NOBODY is redirecting my attention from dinner. If I'm eating dinner, don't even bother talking to me, because I'm not listening. I'm eating. I do not multitask. If I'm eating, I'm eating. If I'm talking to you, I've either finished eating, or haven't started yet, so, if it's important, get it out quickly because your time is limited.

Okay what we are talking about is Facebook. You know, that app that the Millennial loves, as well as the older Hipsters, but apparently younger people go to something else that is like Myspace but I believe Myspace is pretty much in Flintstones category. Well... here is the thing...

"Sac" (not Mr. Arrow, but Sac) "This is candidate for California Governor J** C** here. I know you care about....so please vote for me in this upcoming"

Well this is coming in as a personal message on my Facebook Messenger. I actually went to the trouble to research J** C** and although I did actually vote for him two weeks ago in the vote by mail, I do not know him. He lives in San Diego. We have no personal connections. I have never met the man.

Yet, he addresses me as if he did. No, dude, I'm sorry. You may THINK I'm the one banging your wife but I'm not. I like cougars but not ancient saber tooth beasts. No, we have no personal connection AT ALL. In fact, I'm thinking of... Never mind, the other choice is Ga** New***. Never mind.

Is this a thing? Is the Weiner guy in Chicago doing this? (I thought he was in jail?) What about um, I can't name the midterm politicians because mostly they don't count like the Deputy Assistant Coroner, and I wouldn't know how to parse a Deputy Assistant Coroner's qualifications anyway. I mean, a coroner, yes. Ability to tell if a guy is dead, good. Pass. Ability to tell why, bonus points.

Is anyone else getting the same type of stuff, or am I experiencing either memory loss or some weird gay stalking thing?

Substitute women for politicians and personal with girl and I feel ya. Except for the Facebook thing.

As a rant it appears that Sac is off his meds again. This thing wanders from politicians to dinner to coroners to gay stalkers plus it has cougars and saber toothless tigres (they are French). If the Sac doesn't get back to training camp and get a little pro coaching to straighten this mess out not only are his days over but so are his nights. I can hear the fans screaming for his retirement already. Good night Sac.

As a rant it appears that Sac is off his meds again. This thing wanders from politicians to dinner to coroners to gay stalkers plus it has cougars and saber toothless tigres (they are French). If th Sac doesn't get back to training camp and get a little pro coaching to straighten this mess out not only are his days over but so are his nights. I can hear the fans screaming for his retirement already. Good night Sac.

Yes, but... system curves...

Facebook is Hell, and Zuck is Beelzebub. No good can come from dealing with them.

I also live in California and have never gotten a Facebook messenger message from a politician. Must be something I'm doing wrong, or right, or I'm the wrong gender, or...

Glad the stupid election is almost over.

I also live in California and have never gotten a Facebook messenger message from a politician. Must be something I'm doing wrong, or right, or I'm the wrong gender, or...

I don't f-book, so never get f-book messenger messages from people I know or don't.

In the past, living in a "battleground state," I got annoying spam robocalls for every election. Wasn't it nice how the politicians exempted themselves when they made those calls illegal? So I retaliated by either not voting for the bozos who interrupted my evenings and weekends or voting against their lying, cheating selves. Glad I don't live there any more.

And so far, I don't get text messages from people I don't know. But robocalls are much worse since being made illegal, complete with spoofed numbers so it's hard to report them to the FCC. If only I could afford to pay off my student loans, and had had the foresight to buy the extended factory warranty when I bought my vehicles . . . .

I used to get the robocalls, one more reason I gave up on having a landline.

I don't get why they do this either but obviously it works on some people or they wouldn't bother. Or am I the only one who assumes everything a politician presents is for show and only votes on whether or not I believe they'll vote the way I want them to?

I don't f-book, so never get f-book messenger messages from people I know or don't.

In the past, living in a "battleground state," I got annoying spam robocalls for every election. Wasn't it nice how the politicians exempted themselves when they made those calls illegal? So I retaliated by either not voting for the bozos who interrupted my evenings and weekends or voting against their lying, cheating selves. Glad I don't live there any more.

And so far, I don't get text messages from people I don't know. But robocalls are much worse since being made illegal, complete with spoofed numbers so it's hard to report them to the FCC. If only I could afford to pay off my student loans, and had had the foresight to buy the extended factory warranty when I bought my vehicles . . . .
I f-book, but I don't get messages from people I don't know. In fact, I don't get many at all. I thought I had to pre-approve the senders.

The last election I lived in a battleground state and I got plenty of robocalls. I haven't gotten any election robocalls this time. But it may be that I had fewer resources available to block and screen calls.

I used to get the robocalls, one more reason I gave up on having a landline.

I don't get why they do this either but obviously it works on some people or they wouldn't bother. Or am I the only one who assumes everything a politician presents is for show and only votes on whether or not I believe they'll vote the way I want them to?

I get robocalls on my cellphones, both home and work.

Gave up FB after the last scandal, didn’t have a problem about violating my privacy but I had a huge problem with their involvement with a company that teamed up with Russia to subvert our elections.

Do not miss it at all. In fact it was a huge time-waster. So had to find another spot to waste time. Like POA!

I gave up Facebook soon after it came out. I could really care less how many times the kid I barely knew in HS scratches his ass each day.

Same here, and I live in California too, but I think that Sac is the same gender as me.

I gave up Facebook soon after it came out. I could really care less how many times the kid I barely knew in HS scratches his ass each day.
Regarding Facebook, "Unfollow" is a survival skill!

Some people seem to love Facebook, some people tolerate it, and some people hate it. :dunno:

Had FB once for a very short time., like less than 24 hours. My practical joker buddy at the airline apparently signed me up. I started getting emails asking me to add them as friends, so I sent FB an email explaining that my asshat buddy signed me up and to cancel the account. I got him back. Then he got me, and on and on...

I haven't run across that one. Where did you find it?
I don’t think it uses those exact words, but when someone shares a page, you can sometimes block the page without blocking the person. When all they do is share pages I don’t want to see, I unfollow the person. You can also hide sources by going to the page, then blocking it.

Had FB once for a very short time., like less than 24 hours. My practical joker buddy at the airline apparently signed me up. I started getting emails asking me to add them as friends, so I sent FB an email explaining that my asshat buddy signed me up and to cancel the account. I got him back. Then he got me, and on and on...

Ironically, that was the very thing that prompted me to sign up. A practical joker signed me up and posted several photos of me at drunken parties. It took a week to get FB to take it down. Then I created my own page just so that couldn't happen again.

What is this FecesBook you talk about?
Idiots make fun of me for not being on FB and I just laugh right back because I actually have a life.
So Mr. Arrow, if you delete your account on that useless page, you can actually enjoy life without morons butting in constantly. :)

My flying club has a FB page. It has pretty good participation. If I need a right seater or just some company on a flight I post there and have several replies within minutes. Easy to filter out the other crap.

I still have a Facebook account, but I deleted the Facebook messaging app from my iPhone. It seemed like all I was getting from it was junk.

I haven't run across that one. Where did you find it?
I decided my previous answer was not too clear so I clipped an example. If you click on the three dots you (sometimes) get this choice.

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 20.09.21.png

Thanks. I may have seen something like that.

My flying club has a FB page. It has pretty good participation. If I need a right seater or just some company on a flight I post there and have several replies within minutes. Easy to filter out the other crap.
Yes, they do a nice job with ours. I’m not a big Facebook person, but for what we use it for in the club it works great . Very easy for flying people to come together, share pictures, communicate etc.

Back