[rant]Just three lines...[/rant]

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
It's a beautiful tool. It balances the checksums. It all adds up. It can multiply. It can do polynomials like they are paranormal. You can create a global climate model with it. I don't know why you would want to, I wouldn't. It can graph equations.

But you can't add a g****amned horizontal line. I want a horizontal line. I need a horizontal line. Three of them actually. Google offers a plethora of techniques to add a horizontal line to an Excel graph. Not a single one worked. Not one. Select a data range, right click the chart, select 'paste special.' THERE IS NO PASTE SPECIAL like it shows in the screenshot. Just paste. Just paste doesn't work. I get a line at 45 degrees and by the way my Y axis is all jacked up.

I mean look, you can put comments right? Why not arrows? Why not.... lines?

Okay let's try this again. Error bars. You can configure error bars to act like horizontal lines. I tried to configure an error bar to act like a horizontal line. Like it said. Except a) unlike the screenshot, I only get vertical bars, and b) even those don't configure the same. Like they said.

I mean look, if the need to add a single g****mned horizontal line is SO IMPORTANT IT IS COVERED IN DEPTH then WHY doesn't Microsoft just PUT IT IN AS A FEATURE??? If I look like I'm screaming it's because I'm screaming. And I happen to be screaming because I just dumped a boiling hot cup of coffee all over my johnson.

Seriously, I played around with this for three hours. THREE HOURS. It was like a three hour tour. I felt like the Minnow. (Mary Ann by the way, should you ask.) I mean, look, they let you put text...

text...

Three, long, text boxes with underline characters, bold, 16 point, color coded....

Capture.JPG
I had to go there, to get here. C student work for sure, but C is a passing grade. An A student would have opted for a dot scatter chart with a polynomial line fit. Sure, I could do it, but this looks close enough.

I think I scarred my johnson.

If I understand your rant, there are two ways to do it. One, insert -> shapes -> select the line doohickey. Or two, add another data series with the same y value all the way across. Examples of both in image below. Is that what you're looking for?
adding_a_line.png

+1 on MA

I hope the production of graphs is not part of the OP’s job description. If so, his next performance eval is gonna suck. :)

If I understand your rant, there are two ways to do it. One, insert -> shapes -> select the line doohickey. Or two, add another data series with the same y value all the way across. Examples of both in image below. Is that what you're looking for?
View attachment 66785

I tried the second one to no avail, and can't find any option to insert shapes.

+1 on MA
Can't you just draw them in?

No. There are no drawing tools for inside charts.

There's a division of MS that makes sure every feature and ease of use is trickled out at a rate that keeps sales up.

Here's how to do it. It's simple, really. Print the chart, draw the lines with a pen and a ruler, go to Office Depot and ask them to scan it and then email it back to you. You're welcome.

So Sac names his sidekick Johnson. Johnson Arrow. I can see why diagrams might be a problem.

While I'm no better with charts, I consider myself a little more creative. One day I'll introduce Herman. Herman the German, with his soldier helmet.

I think Herman's better with spreadsheets than I am though.

There's a division of MS that makes sure every feature and ease of use is trickled out at a rate that keeps sales up.

And that they make enough changes to the UI with every new version that they can sell more training materials, even to people who are experts at the previous version.

[rant]

I bought a polo style shirt that fit.

I washed and dried it.

It shrank to sexxy boy proportions.

[/rant]

Oh by the way, coopie prize to the first person that knows what I was doing in the first place.

Just three lines..??

th

Back