Quick turns

dtuuri

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
dtuuri
0610180806-00.jpg
I make this a LOT. So fast, just 10 minutes. A spritz of olive oil from a spray can sautes some frozen peppers from a bag with some fresh diced onion and then a chopped up red skin potato joins them after a couple minutes in the nuker. That's a vegan black bean chipotle burger flipped after three minutes. A few jalapeno slices tossed in for fun, too. Goes on a plate with some ketchup and Louisiana hot sauce sprinkled with applewood smoked Bac'n bits. Nothing here that can kill ya (well, maybe the Bac'n bits). What's your quick turn look like?

Throw a few halved tomatoes in a nonstick pan with some olive oil and anchovies and garlic. Cover and sautee for 5 minutes. Pluck the skins off the tomatoes, mix everything together, add oregano or whatever you like, and sautee for another 5 minutes. Pretty respectable tomato sauce in a hurry.

View attachment 63936
I make this a LOT. So fast, just 10 minutes. A spritz of olive oil from a spray can sautes some frozen peppers from a bag with some fresh diced onion and then a chopped up red skin potato joins them after a couple minutes in the nuker. That's a vegan black bean chipotle burger flipped after three minutes. A few jalapeno slices tossed in for fun, too. Goes on a plate with some ketchup and Louisiana hot sauce sprinkled with applewood smoked Bac'n bits. Nothing here that can kill ya (well, maybe the Bac'n bits). What's your quick turn look like?

Only thing that does is quick turn my stomach.... yuk. I find it comical that vegan "meat" does it's best to look like meat without being meat. Kinda like dudes that like "girls" who are actually dudes ala Rupaul......:eek:

Either grill up your weeds and lentil beans or stir up some carne.... But don't try and toe the line. It just doesnt work.

I’ll agree with you on most garden burger fake meat varieties, but a black bean burger (mashed beans, egg, bread crumbs, seasoning, and diced onions sometimes) is at the top of my quick turn list. Make a dozen and freeze ten. :)

Only thing that does is quick turn my stomach.... yuk. I find it comical that vegan "meat" does it's best to look like meat without being meat. Kinda like dudes that like "girls" who are actually dudes ala Rupaul......:eek:

Either grill up your weeds and lentil beans or stir up some carne.... But don't try and toe the line. It just doesnt work.

Kinda like dudes that like "girls" who are actually dudes ala Rupaul......:eek:
Huh?

He said it’s a black bean burger, not a piece of mechanically processed veggie ‘meat’. :)

The first five ingredients are:
  1. Brown rice
  2. Onions
  3. Green chiles
  4. Corn
  5. Black beans
I don't buy them because they taste like meat (they don't). They taste spicy, smokey, black beanish and they fit between toasted sprouted wheat bread slices if I want to eat with my fingers.

Post up a pic of your 10 minute dish. I don't care if it's too greasy for my stomach, er, heart.

EDIT: "ala Rupaul"? What's that, destroyed capitol of New Guinea???

Last edited:
Huh?

He said it’s a black bean burger, not a piece of mechanically processed veggie ‘meat’. :)
If he'd said "black bean patty" instead of "burger" it might be a little bit more OK.

If he'd said "black bean patty" instead of "burger" it might be a little bit more OK.
Package says, "Burger". May I point out that "burger" is short for "hamburger" and there is no "ham" in a hamburger.

Package says, "Burger". May I point out that "burger" is short for "hamburger" and there is no "ham" in a hamburger.

There are no beans in "hamburger", either, which is named after the city of Hamburg, Germany (several other places also claim to be the origin).

Not having any ham, there is no reason to put mayonnaise on hamburgers, although many misguided souls do anyway . . . .

Well, since Justice Ginsburg already settle the sandwich/hot dog debate, myabe she will take a crack at the "burger" this time....?

I hear quick turn and I'm thinking high bank angle...

I thought this was about a quick refueling stop (I guess it kind of is).

My quick turn is a bowl of cereal or a PBJ. Can of soup or ramen noodles if I’m less lazy. Pans, grill, and smoker come out for the serious meals. But I see now that I could/should have a quickie in-between meal, especially since the kids are old enough to not eat at home as much, and wife is doing the keto meals. Gotta fend for myself, lol!

You burger snobs jumped on this quick.

The definition of "quick turn" I know is: just got back to hotel after work/flight, everyone go to room to refresh and change, meet back in lobby in 10 for food/drinks.

Back