Questions for Management of POA

when I got up this morning I almost didn't write anything on this topic, but I often feel I could respond to or clarify something false about what I did actually write, either the subject or the actual words. The result was wasting a lot of my time and other peoples, and got really little from it. I feel a lot like someone trying to get a Coke out of a Pepsi machine, no chance no matter what you do. I once had someone close to me with a severe addiction problem and I spent a lot of midnight time trying to help. Finally I gave up, I realized it was like the Coke and the Pepsi machine, It must not be my day, or week, I just went to a political rally and no one wanted to talk about airplanes. I do appreciate the couple of moderators who, in the midst of all the other noise, did try to explain their side, and obviously most people want to be like that.
PS If Texas beats the Redneck Raiders on Fri, I'll be surprised and a lot happier.

On this forum, I feel they are reasonably even-handed. You do need to report it. I'll sometimes flag a thread so they can watch it a little more pro-actively.
Every time I flag conservative political commentary, I get a reply in like 30 seconds - complaint rejected! There's really no point in complaining. If it's conservative, it stays.

Every time I flag conservative political commentary, I get a reply in like 30 seconds - complaint rejected! There's really no point in complaining. If it's conservative, it stays.
I seldom flag posts, but I did flag one that contained a partisan comment against the left recently, and it was dealt with within a day, IIRC.

Hey, y'all.

Political doctrine is not a basis for acceptance or rejection, although substantial political content might be - we just don't need the drama (which is why the Spin Zone was axed, to the disappointment of many).

In any event, we do our best, and would always advise that the best recipe for success is, simply put, not to be a jerk - don't write anything here you would not say to someone's face in person.

---

And, to my amazement, Texas did beat Tech, made more remarkable in that they spotted them two touchdowns to start.

Honestly, that hasn't been my experience at all. My definition of "conservative" may be different than yours, but they seem to be shut down if they get out of hand. I will flag a thread if I think it will get "dramatic" with a heads-up to "watch this thread". FWIW, I also flag them if the comment seems to pick on conservatives, too.

Have you every flagged something liberal?

I find that hard to believe. I have been warned and banned several times for what I thought were minor conservative comments.

I would never think to flag a message. Idiotic babbling is entertaining!

Amen. It’s the fargin internet, I don’t take any of this too seriously and definitely am not going to blow a gasket or drop a dime on someone.

You must be very sensitive to conservative posts. The MC most certainly does enforce the roc for conservative points of view. I have the bruises to prove it. Funny thing is... I never really notice the conservative leaning posts. I have noted crazy liberal stuff from time to time, reported it and been told (be ready for the shock of your life) that it was reviewed and deemed ok by the MC.

PERHAPS you only think they are right leaning because like most people you only really notice the posts that differ from your own views.

When it comes to repeatedly and overtly posting political content...all I have to say is...at least mscard88 hasn't been seen around these parts for about a year.

You must be very sensitive to conservative posts. The MC most certainly does enforce the roc for conservative points of view. I have the bruises to prove it. Funny thing is... I never really notice the conservative leaning posts. I have noted crazy liberal stuff from time to time, reported it and been told (be ready for the shock of your life) that it was reviewed and deemed ok by the MC.

PERHAPS you only think they are right leaning because like most people you only really notice the posts that differ from your own views.
I could quote your own post back at you verbatim. But I won't. "No politics" to me means no politics.

I find that hard to believe. I have been warned and banned several times for what I thought were minor conservative comments.
The times I've been banned for political commentary, I deserved it.

I would be willing to bet, let's see my good photo of the scoreboard at the end of the tech game, that there has never been a conservative post removed, unless is was rude or cursing excessively, or something personal. Now I have only been on this forum a month or two, I could be wrong but judging from what I saw on the thread in question, with roughly 37 posts kissing the imperial ring and only one of two the other way, and what I have seen on other forums if it is conservative or anti liberal its welcome.

Someone once gave me a purley plotical forum, not aviation and I took a look. It was nuts, it was so far to the left it was nuts, so excess comes in all forms I guess.

Last edited:
I would be willing to bet, let's see my good photo of the scoreboard at the end of the tech game, that there has never been a conservative post removed, unless is was rude or cursing excessively, or something personal. Now I have only been on this forum a month or two, I could be wrong but judging from what I saw on the thread in question, with roughly 37 posts kissing the imperial ring and only one of two the other way, and what I have seen on other forums if it is conservative or anti liberal its welcome.
You would lose that bet.

Let's not forget, each month management kicks off the 3 posters that cost them the most aggravation!

One other thing about my posts, they are about issues, I am not attacking an individual or one on this forum personally or directly. I think anyone should be able to write what they want and others can judge if they have an truth in their writing. See the two posts above.

It may be that quoting someone and attacking them by name directly is really makes you feel like someone important since so many on this forum take that path.

Pfffff, I just had a post removed this week.

Suck it up buttercup.

One other thing about my posts, they are about issues, I am not attacking an individual or one on this forum personally or directly. I think anyone should be able to write what they want and others can judge if they have an truth in their writing. See the two posts above.

It may be that quoting someone and attacking them by name directly is really makes you feel like someone important since so many on this forum take that path.
Done yet?

I think anyone should be able to write what they want and others can judge if they have an truth in their writing.

And you can. Just not here. Or Beechtalk. Or the EAA forums. Or The Warbird Information Exchange.

All of those places have rules around what is and isn't appropriate. Make a habit of disregarding them and you'll end up in timeout or worse.

Yes, you’ve made that clear multiple times. These are the RoC. Abide by them or leave. It’s really not that hard.

...I think anyone should be able to write what they want and others can judge if they have an truth in their writing....
But here, regarding certain topics, you can not. You signed up and in doing so accepted the ROC. My take on your latest post is like you are trying to change them? Why not just accept it and move on.

My 2 cents worth. I appreciate the moderation here and think it makes for a better set of discussions of aviation topics. And it even improves discussion of the aviation politically related topics.

Those who know me know that I am a strong advocate of freedom of expression, but this is a private forum. There are plenty of other political forums, both moderated and not, if one is into those kind of discussions on the Internet. MeWe and Minds are two alternatives to Facebook, for example.

I also hope the OP will be able to continue polite discussion of aviation here.

I could quote your own post back at you verbatim. But I won't. "No politics" to me means no politics.

there was nothing about my post any more or less political in nature than your quoted post.

what exactly are you trying to say? I’m not sure I understand what you are saying.

I think anyone should be able to write what they want and others can judge if they have an truth in their writing.
You certainly can write about anything you want. That's one of the great things about this country. I write some very pointed and partisan political opinions.

Just not here. (very often ;) ).

there was nothing about my post any more or less political in nature than your quoted post.

what exactly are you trying to say? I’m not sure I understand what you are saying.
You must be very sensitive to liberal posts. The MC most certainly does enforce the roc for liberal points of view. I have the bruises to prove it. Funny thing is... I never really notice the liberal leaning posts. I have noted crazy conservative stuff from time to time, reported it and been told (be ready for the shock of your life) that it was reviewed and deemed ok by the MC.

PERHAPS you only think they are left leaning because like most people you only really notice the posts that differ from your own views.

there was nothing about my post any more or less political in nature than your post I quoted.
You must be very sensitive to liberal posts. The MC most certainly does enforce the roc for liberal points of view. I have the bruises to prove it. Funny thing is... I never really notice the liberal leaning posts. I have noted crazy conservative stuff from time to time, reported it and been told (be ready for the shock of your life) that it was reviewed and deemed ok by the MC.

PERHAPS you only think they are left leaning because like most people you only really notice the posts that differ from your own views.

that used to happen to me too!! But then I started actually paying attention and realized I was just being a sensitive prick and relaxed.

sorry. Now I understand. Guess I can still be a sensitive prick sometimes.

that used to happen to me too!! But then I started actually paying attention and realized I was just being a sensitive prick and relaxed.

sorry. Now I understand. Guess I can still be a sensitive prick sometimes.
You are anything but a prick. I've enjoyed your posts and commentary. We are all biased towards our own beliefs, and we are all fallible.

Steinmetz, you write "know that I am a strong advocate of freedom of expression" . Of course .Peter, like all the others on this forum you are positively Jeffersonian in you beliefs and advocating for such freedoms. At least in your own mind apparently. And you correctly point out that "this is a private forum."
You know,;like most people "I am a strong advocate of freedom for equal treatment for women, especially in aviation. But my airplane is private so they can sit in the back and not touch the controls or speak. Same with treatment of children and pets, love them, but my house is a private house so is kindness and fairness a goal only of somewhere else. only somewhere public?
My car is a private car, I saw some Hispanic guys broken down and gave them a ride to town, should I have skipped that? My airplanes are private airplanes, should I have skipped the Young Eagle rides or free flights for vets? Hey, they have no legal right to have anyone extend a hand to them.

Back