Question

Palmpilot

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Palm
Can you get PTSD from binge-watching ER?

Asking for a friend. ;)

NCIS Los Angeles for me. That plays at the gym during my cardio time slot on weekdays. Weekends they are running with NCIS New Orleans. I do not quite get the PTSD shock from that one, unfortunately.

Hope your friend gets the help they need

The Good Cop, except there are only 10 episodes, 440 minutes.

Midsome Murders is better, 122 episodes, total of 17,000 minutes, of course by the time you finish, you can start back through them.

Forensic Files 406 episodes at 22 minutes, only 8,900 minutes.

Pfft. Pedestrian, your friend will be fine. I'd be concerned if they were watching The Man In the High Castle or Peaky Blinders. I know this one guy that breaks out in a period accent when a trigger is encountered. His wife quickly exacerbates the issue and it's off to the binging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Game of Thrones over here

Pfft. Pedestrian, your friend will be fine. I'd be concerned if they were watching The Man In the High Castle or Peaky Blinders. I know this one guy that breaks out in a period accent when a trigger is encountered. His wife quickly exacerbates the issue and it's off to the binging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

What’s a period accent?

A period accent is like speaking in a way that would sound funny if one wasn't from that time and place. Like, no on really speaks with an Olde Englif accent. I wouldn't be able to understand Shakespeare if he were to speak to me today. Or, like when I go back in time and visit family in south Georgia.

Maybe a period accent takes on a whole new meaning when it lands on the right brain....:)

How did it land on yours?

I guess it landed on my left brain or missed its mark altogether.

So how does one know what their accents sounded like in such a period? We know what a modern day English, German, etc. accent sounds like and we know what they sounded like only as far back as recorded sound which would be in the late 1800s. So are these period accents in movies made up or do they use some sort of extrapolation technique to derive them?

Back