Question Regarding A&P signing off on a 100Hr

Probablyflying

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ProbablyFlying
Hey guys
Have a quick question I can’t find the answer to on google.
When an A&P signs off on a 100 hr does he need to print his name on the log? For example is it legal to describe all work completed and say A&P xxxxxxx with a scribble signature that you can’t even make out.
On all other log books I’ve seen they always print their name “John Doe A&P xxxxxxx- signature” but on this log it says “A&P xxxxxxx- signature”
Just trying to figure out if this is legit due to maintenance being very poor. Thanks!

Wouldn't the signature include the A&P certificate number?

Edit: I see you have two separate threads asking the same question and have found the answer.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the signature include the A&P certificate number?
On the log I have it’s a sticker printed and says “A&P xxxxxxx” then there’s a line where it’s signed. No name anywhere on it.

far43.9
If the work performed on the aircraft, airframe, aircraft engine, propeller, appliance, or component part has been performed satisfactorily, the signature, certificate number, and kind of certificate held by the person approving the work. The signature constitutes the approval for return to service only for the work performed.

nowhere in that does it say the name must be printed just a signature.

14 CFR § 43.11 (a) (3)
Signature, certificate number and kind of certificate held

does he need to print his name on the log?
trying to figure out if this is legit
Just to add to your previous answers, no requirement to print/type name in Part 43 but a signature is required or sign off is not valid. However, there is FAA guidance to print/type name along with a written signature in other rules like Part 47 which can lead to a habit for some in using same method in other sign offs.

Can't find the answer on Google? :cryin:

Did you even try looking in the regulations? :mad2:

Sorry, but that sort of thing gets under my skin, and yes perhaps more than it should. I am flawed in that regards.

Back