I am expecting my annual might be done next week but I won't be around to pick up the plane until the end of the month or early July. I'd prefer not to have a signoff at the end of june.
My question is: does the IA have to give it a signoff date of when the annual is actually complete, or is it OK to ask them to hold onto the airplane until the 1st of July and then give it a July signoff? The difference is just a handful of days maybe a week and a half.
I'm not trying to maneuver around the rules -- just trying to understand if it's fair to specifically ask them not to officially wrap it up before july. I'm trying to get the airplane on a July/August annual schedule since it's when I typically do the least flying due to heat.
My question is: does the IA have to give it a signoff date of when the annual is actually complete, or is it OK to ask them to hold onto the airplane until the 1st of July and then give it a July signoff? The difference is just a handful of days maybe a week and a half.
I'm not trying to maneuver around the rules -- just trying to understand if it's fair to specifically ask them not to officially wrap it up before july. I'm trying to get the airplane on a July/August annual schedule since it's when I typically do the least flying due to heat.