PSA - Don't leave your headset in your truck

MarkH

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MarkH
Some joker broke into my truck and, after failing to steal one of the easiest to steal vehicles on the road, stole my Zulu 3s.

I'm very disappointed knowing that somewhere out there is a "car thief" who cannot steal a 20 year old car that lacks an immobilizer and a steering lock.

Also, I need to order parts to fix my steering column and I guess I'm looking for a good noise canceling headset to replace the Zulu 3s.

Sorry to hear, sad to say it is best not to leave any thing of value nowadays in your car. Unless it is in your locked garage.

They will try to sell them when they figure out what they are. Keep a lookout for them.

my homeowner's policy covers theft of property from our vehicles. you may need a police report but check with your agent. good luck.

They will try to sell them when they figure out what they are. Keep a lookout for them.

Very sad to learn this. As Gary has noted above they might be found locally as this thief doesn't seem to be too bright.

I'd watch Facebook Market Place place and Craigslist for the surrounding areas ...

my homeowner's policy covers theft of property from our vehicles. you may need a police report but check with your agent. good luck.

Likely deductible would exceed cost of the headset. Unless a few other things were missing too.

Likely deductible would exceed cost of the headset. Unless a few other things were missing too.

The headset + what I expect for the cost of repairs is only slightly more than the deductible, its not worth the higher insurance rates from a claim.

The headset was all that was stolen.

Some joker broke into my truck and, after failing to steal one of the easiest to steal vehicles on the road, stole my Zulu 3s.

I'm very disappointed knowing that somewhere out there is a "car thief" who cannot steal a 20 year old car that lacks an immobilizer and a steering lock.

Also, I need to order parts to fix my steering column and I guess I'm looking for a good noise canceling headset to replace the Zulu 3s.
I don't know if this link will work, but some (temporary) guy on The Pilot's Place may know where your headset is:
https://thepilotsplace.com/forum/index.php?threads/headset-collection-for-sale.27003/#post-301029
> New Lightspeed Zulu 3 $600
> Bose ProFlight 2 headset with Bluetooth Dual Plug $650
> DC PRO-X2 Hybrid ANR Headset w/ Bluetooth $800
> David Clark Pro X Bluetooth, Bose QC3’s $300
> David Clark H10-13X ENC Headset $300
> DC Pro X 1st gen $300
> David Clark DC PRO-X2 Hybrid Electronic Noise-Cancelling Aviation
> Headset $400
> QT Halo (in ear) Headset $250
> BOSE A20 BLUETOOTH DUAL PLUG $700
> UFly Harmony pro bundle $200
> Clarity aloft headset $400
> Bose Aviation X Headset $300
> DC One-X Excellent Condition (with Bluetooth) $700

Price includes shipping
Zelle/Venmo
btw, the thread was locked and his account has been removed and banned permanently.

worth a phone call to find out.

also…pawn shops in the area.
I was in a local pawn recently checking out tools and overheard a guy behind the counter talking to a customer. He said that a while back, at least half (he gave a number... 80%?) the merchandise in Florida pawn shops was stolen. Then they started requiring pawn shops to post all new items coming in on a state wide database. They were not allowed to sell items for so period of time after they had been logged in. They also can not accept any items unless the seller provides valid ID. After that, stolen items in pawn shops dropped down to less than 2%. If an owner of a stolen item has a police report with a serial number, they have to give the item back.

Not sure how it works in other states, but definitely file a police report and start checking pawn shops.

Yep. The headset has probably already changed hands for 20 bucks to buy a rock.
I’d bet the pawn shop didn’t know what it was either, so it’s sitting in a pile of other stolen crap in some dope smoking lowlife’s apartment, a few feet away from the bong and the stolen PS4.

I’d bet the pawn shop didn’t know what it was either, so it’s sitting in a pile of other stolen crap in some dope smoking lowlife’s apartment, a few feet away from the bong and the stolen PS4.
Actually, pawn shops don't have the deals they used because of the internet. Now when something comes in, the first thing they do is google it and/or check ebay.

Actually, pawn shops don't have the deals they used because of the internet. Now when something comes in, the first thing they do is google it and/or check ebay.
…and immediately figure out that they can’t sell it locally and it’s stolen…

Sad to say, but it might have been just tossed because no one was going to buy it, had no idea what it was. Some weird gamer headset with two plugs?

Thanks for the heads up. My flight bag is in my trunk, with A Bose A20 and other things. It is a 22 year old rust bucket, and I was assuming that no one would want to break into such a vehicle, but that may not be a safe assumption in today's car market.

That's awful. I use the David Clark Pro X and love them FWIW if you're looking for other recommendations.

Back