Pros and Cons of living full-time in a Motorhome?

I’m not sure I see any pros in this thread that are living full time in their RV, but I sure do see someone trying to con us into believing he’s going to do it.

You've still not shown me a coach that meets your spec, at a price in your 300k budget. So why should tell you what to expect from it?

Here ya go just to name a few sources that I keep my eye on. I have my nephew keeping his eyes and ears open in the rodeo and show horse world.

I do know a few friends that full time, and they do not require all that you do.

Your friends probably don't ride motorcycles, UTV's, go to the dunes, prospect for gold, or run a business out of their coaches either.

macerators pumps are used to pump the tanks contents up hill.

Yep, they also pump s**t out the sides and into the ditches.

yup....so when it settles....it packs nice and tight in the tank.

I'm thinking you're not supposed to let it get to that point by keep your tanks somewhat filled with water or flushed out. I'm sure I'll figure it all out and what works and what doesn't. :dunno:

I’m not sure I see any pros in this thread that are living full time in their RV, but I sure do see someone trying to con us into believing he’s going to do it.
He'll probably take delivery of it during his 1500 mile solo cross country training flight. ;)

Here ya go just to name a few sources that I keep my eye on. I have my nephew keeping his eyes and ears open in the rodeo and show horse world.

I see, the problem, you believe they compare with a Essex

Your friends probably don't ride motorcycles, UTV's, go to the dunes, prospect for gold, or run a business out of their coaches either.
yes they do, and they take there kids every where in their coaches, one is an architect, does all his business from their coach, including the supervision of the new builds.

Yep, they also pump s**t out the sides and into the ditches.
Do you know the fine for that/ when you dump in a ditch you sure don't need a pump.

I'm thinking you're not supposed to let it get to that point by keep your tanks somewhat filled with water or flushed out. I'm sure I'll figure it all out and what works and what doesn't. :dunno:
The bad debris drops into the tank, with out movement it just sets there until more drops, and more drops, until a cone of yuck builds. when you try to empty the black tank, nothing comes out, except the water.

Your responses are starting to show me you have a lot to learn. and what you need to do your dream.

The bad debris drops into the tank, with out movement it just sets there until more drops, and more drops, until a cone of yuck builds. when you try to empty the black tank, nothing comes out, except the water.

Coach comes equipped with one or two of these depending on which model I find.

Your responses are starting to show me you have a lot to learn. and what you need to do your dream.

Doesn't everybody have a lot to learn? :dunno:

they do not go into the black tank. you adapt them to hook up on your dump station outlet. to enable you to pump the yucky stuff up hill away from the coach.

I've already got plans on how to keep the tanks clean and flushed out... no biggie. I've been studying on that matter also. I'll be carrying a pressure washer in the toy box anyways.

Why would they put them in coaches unless they help keep your black water tank relatively solid free, especially if you have 2 toilets? :dunno:
good ideas don't always work..
You use this type of toilet, it shreds the debris, and allows it to settle. now rather than a cone, you have a solid layer of paper reinforced crap, and you re not going to get your pressure washer to where it can do any good.

Dude... if your going to get some feedback from the RV community on the Renegades, at least post the right model of coach. What you have pictured is a toyhauler. You need to post up the regular full size rigs.

good ideas don't always work..
You use this type of toilet, it shreds the debris, and allows it to settle. now rather than a cone, you have a solid layer of paper reinforced crap, and you re not going to get your pressure washer to where it can do any good.

I've been around the block once or twice. Many of my buddies have made spray wands that hook right up to their hot water and pressure washers and they douche out their all their tanks and toilet. Pretty easy process. I was going to go one step farther and plumb in high pressure nozzles that would keep everything circulating. Not only to keep the solids in limbo, but to prevent freezing (yes the tanks are heated) should I ever find myself in subzero weather. Course I could dump a few gallons of methanol in the tanks also.

I put 10 gallons of water in my 40 gallon black water tank before I use it.

And I do not flush toilet paper into the black water tank, same as I don't flush toilet paper into my septic system at home. That helps prevent a lot of problems.

And I do not flush toilet paper into the black water tank, same as I don't flush toilet paper into my septic system at home. That helps prevent a lot of problems.

Obviously Tom likes to let his pile up. :lol:

Dude... if your going to get some feedback from the RV community on the Renegades, at least post the right model of coach. What you have pictured is a toyhauler. You need to post up the regular full size rigs.

I've been around the block once or twice. Many of my buddies have made spray wands that hook right up to their hot water and pressure washers and they douche out their all their tanks and toilet. Pretty easy process. I was going to go one step farther and plumb in high pressure nozzles that would keep everything circulating. Not only to keep the solids in limbo, but to prevent freezing (yes the tanks are heated) should I ever find myself in subzero weather. Course I could dump a few gallons of methanol in the tanks also.

Looks like you’ve got all the answers and everything all figured out. Enjoy life on the road. It sounds like a great adventure. Who knows- maybe you’ll end up with patents on all of your RV upgrades and solutions and get rich enough to afford an aircraft carrier.

I dump leaving the camp grounds, then add the water and some soap. for the ride home.
When we have full hookups, I run the power flush for 5 minutes prior to pulling the dump valve. then add water and soap.
we use biodegradable TP, and t goes away with the rest of the yuck.

You post the link, I'll change it.

I have full power flush, never have a problem.. It's standard in good quality motorhomes.

Well then why the hell are you telling me you let yours pile up and build into a cone? :rolleyes:

I'll have macerating toilet(s), plus a regular macerater pump strategically placed that I can use for those times I don't have a dump handy. Just like the band buses do. :eek:

You post the link, I'll change it.

Something very similar to this except with the dark wood. https://iwsmotorcoaches.com/FW_Inventory_Template.php?p=1093

These RV's come and go. It's like waiting for the right airplane to fall in your lap. With enough patience eventually you find the right one. ;)

Well then why the hell are you telling me you let yours pile up and build into a cone? :rolleyes:
Where did I tell you that? You tell me to stick around and then start that? WTF.

Don't get all offended dude, I'm just BS'ing with you. :p
Well that's one way of explaining you read what ya want to see.

Did you read the first response? funny as hell. man after my own heart.

I have full power flush, never have a problem.. It's standard in good quality motorhomes.

Yes it is. Unfortunately I can't afford good quality motor homes.... :lol::lol::lol:

I dump leaving the camp grounds, then add the water and some soap. for the ride home.
When we have full hookups, I run the power flush for 5 minutes prior to pulling the dump valve. then add water and soap.
we use biodegradable TP, and t goes away with the rest of the yuck.

I do pretty much the same. I have found powdered laundry soap gives me the best results. I depend on gravity to power flush the tank...:lol::lol:

I can hook a water hose up that sprays the inside of the black water tank. I'll do that several times when I dump.

I noticed lately that the dump valve is leaking. I may let someone else replace that.....:yesnod:

The part about the generator location is wisdom.
The next post talks about the lack of storage because the drive train runs down the length of the coach and no pass thru.

thus the requirement for a trailer and all the hassles that brings.
I can carry full length fish poles in my basement, plus a boat, ores and all.
I really don't see how these can compare with a higher end Class A. In livability. for a full timer, livability is what it is all about.

The next post talks about the lack of storage because the drive train runs down the length of the coach and no pass thru.

thus the requirement for a trailer and all the hassles that brings.
I can carry full length fish poles in my basement, plus a boat, ores and all.
I really don't see how these can compare with a higher end Class A. In livability. for a full timer, livability is what it is all about.

I’ll probably revisit that thread over the next few days. I’ve never given much thought to a Super C or whatever they’re called, but gaining a better understanding of liveability is never a bad thing.

Tom, I will say that when it comes to A&P/IA matters, you know how you can come across.

I’ve seen a different you in this thread. I like this you much better than the other you. I have tremendous respect for your A&P/IA knowledge, experience, and abilities, but prefer the delivery you’ve provided in this thread.

The part about the generator location is wisdom.

Yeah, that kinda sucks having to lift up a bed to access the generator. Poor guy... reminds me of what you have to do when you need to service a diesel pusher. :eek:

Thankfully I won't have to go through all the BS if I ever need to service my generator. It's mounted on a slide out drawer that's easily accessible at the rear of the coach right next to the breaker box and shore power reel.

renegadegenny.jpg

shorepower.jpg

That I will give you. No pass-through basement storage on these coaches. But that's why I'll have a huge ass trailer. To carry my fishing poles. :cool:

These are perfectly livable for a full-timer. All I'm really giving up is a larger living room. That I can live with in exchange for knowing that I'll have the superior load, towing, and smoother ride capabilities than what you'd find in a big A pusher.

These are perfectly livable for a full-timer. All I'm really giving up is a larger living room. That I can live with in exchange for knowing that I'll have the superior load, towing, and smoother ride capabilities than what you'd find in a big A pusher.
I don't believe you realize how much a few feet of living space means to a full timer.

I don't believe you realize how much a few feet of living space means to a full timer.
I think I'll be able to adapt. It's not like I'm going to be spending 100% of my time inside of it anyways. Sleep, cook, work, watch a little TV and that's about it. I don't need a ton of space for all that. A few years ago I took off for a month of riding with one of my buddies in his coach (old converted MCI rock 'n roll show bus) with no slides. It wasn't really that bad. Naturally we spent most of our time outside drinking beer and BBQ'ing. He had full size appliances in it to boot.

Wow big item missing in that compartment, can you guess what it is?

You're probably thinking surge protector. Coach already has one.

Last edited:

So, do you just use your hand to wipe? :eek:
What do you do w/ the toilet paper after, uh, soiling it, burn it I would guess?

Actually getting mix reviews on the RV page. I liked this post..

"You will never be told you need a bigger truck, your over gross, or want for more power climbing mountains or descending them. Pull a large trailer with the toys, pickup and ATV or M/C.

The comment on no storage, I camped next to one in AZ and talked with the owner as he opened all the different storage compartments getting camp setup. Looks like 5 compartments on one side, 12" out of the middle for a drive-line, and it's how wide?

If you can afford it go for it. "

So, do you just use your hand to wipe? :eek:
What do you do w/ the toilet paper after, uh, soiling it, burn it I would guess?

I hire someone for that....

I mean I have a small bathroom trash can, the one that has a lid operated by stepping on a pedal. I have one in each of the bathrooms at home and in the bathroom of the Rv. I use Walmart plastic bags as liners and no problem, no smell, and keeps the septic system paper free.

Back