Propeller Paint

Many of todays E/AB use a wooden prop, the only thing you can use on them is a furniture scrapper to remove old varnish. at the price of these guys, I'd certainly have a pro do the job. or at least teach you the process.
Ummm, the thread is about painting propellers. Why do you continue to hijack the thread?

there ya go again, relating to a rule you don't understand.
That's basically the FAA's Ace up the sleeve. My company has another one, hidden away in the GMM is the statement "Company work cards, combined with manufacturers manuals are the complete instructions for aircraft maintenance" Just one example: Lubrication work cards just say to lubricate, and have a diagram of all the lube points, like maybe 100 points in a DC-10 leading edge. The maintenance manual instructs to wipe fittings clean before and after lubrication. Almost no one does that. You say something to them and you're a dick because to them it's no big deal and a pain in the ass. They don't consider that the grease attracts abrasives, and that they may inject them into the lube point. Back to the ace up the sleeve. If the mechanics get the job done quicker, that's great. If it's determined that premature wear was caused by the lubrication deficiency, it will fall back on the mechanics.

Last edited:
Ummm, the thread is about painting propellers. Why do you continue to hijack the thread?
You asked me a question, then ask me that..Typical.
That's basically the FAA's Ace up the sleeve. My company has another one, hidden away in the GMM is the statement "Company work cards, combined with manufacturers manuals are the complete instructions for aircraft maintenance" Just one example: Lubrication work cards just say to lubricate, and have a diagram of all the lube points, like maybe 100 points in a DC-10 leading edge. The maintenance manual instructs to wipe fittings clean before and after lubrication. Almost no one does that. You say something to them and you're a dick because to them it's no big deal and a pain in the ass. They don't consider that the grease attracts abrasives, and that they may inject them into the lube point. Back to the ace up the sleeve. If the mechanics get the job done quicker, that's great. If it's determined that premature wear was caused by the lubrication deficiency, it will fall back on the mechanics.
Again avoiding the question because you don't know the answer

Say you were working on a homebuilt and wanted to remove the paint from a prop, and you won't bother to look at the manual, and there is a blaster nearby which media would you use?

CBS....no, make that Fox!

Many of todays E/AB use a wooden prop, the only thing you can use on them is a furniture scrapper to remove old varnish. at the price of these guys, I'd certainly have a pro do the job. or at least teach you the process.

show me where you get that "fact". if the builder carved the prop, its up to them as to what is the proper tool to do the job. experimental, the only thing that counts is what counts to the person signing the condition inspection.

bob

show me where you get that "fact". if the builder carved the prop, its up to them as to what is the proper tool to do the job. experimental, the only thing that counts is what counts to the person signing the condition inspection.

bob
IT's E/AB, you can have at it with an angle grinder if you like, but for those who know how much a new wooden prop costs are usually smart enough to get help with a refinish.
I've done probably 3-400 wooden props in my career and was taught by a professional wooden prop maker.

When you buy a wooden prop, place it on your E/AB aircraft the prop maker no longer has any say in how it is maintained.

IT's E/AB, you can have at it with an angle grinder if you like, but for those who know how much a new wooden prop costs are usually smart enough to get help with a refinish.

I've done probably 3-400 wooden props in my career and was taught by a professional wooden prop maker.

When you buy a wooden prop, place it on your E/AB aircraft the prop maker no longer has any say in how it is maintained.

Just as long as it is painted! ;)

Just as long as it is painted! ;)
Paint?? OMG is varnish a paint? actually tho, the new wooden props come with a polished urethane clear coat. Sensenich makes beautiful wooden props. Did you know that you can tell the vintage of a sensenich prop by the thickness of the wooden laminates?

Paint?? OMG is varnish a paint? actually tho, the new wooden props come with a polished urethane clear coat. Sensenich makes beautiful wooden props. Did you know that you can tell the vintage of a sensenich prop by the thickness of the wooden laminates?
Redirect! Redirect!

Sensenich makes good metal props too. They also have a manual as well. Just say'n! ;)
Do they have a manual for their wood props? I wonder ...

Sensenich makes good metal props too. They also have a manual as well. Just say'n! ;)
Sensenich is very unlike McCauley.

a manual for their composite props would be even better....:D

Back