Prop project. (Pictures)

McCauley Owner/Operator Information Manual, page 202:

C.
Operators CANNOT do the following:
(6) Do not polish propeller blades unless specifically permitted by McCauley’ s instructions

From AC20-37E, page 22:

b. Operators Cannot Do the Following...:
(8) Do not polish blades unless specifically permitted by the manufacturer’s instructions.

Unless there is some sort of SB or STC allowing polished blades.

What part of McCauley's manual are compulsory ? (chapter 4-) which are the ICAs read them and tell me where it says the protective coating must stay in place or be replaced ?
And of course you know AC are not compulsory.
Even the purpose paragraph says that.
So tell me does a prop comply with its type design if the paint and other protective coating are not in place?
Because if it does, and is in a condition for safe operation, it is airworthy.

the only thing that even comes close to being a requirement is this.
From the P-918 type certificate.
Propellers of models described herein conforming with this data sheet (which is a part of type certificate No. 918) and other approved data on file with the Federal Aviation Administration, meet the minimum standards for use in certificated aircraft in accordance with pertinent aircraft data sheets and applicable portions of the Federal Aviation Regulations provided they are installed, operated and maintained as prescribed by the approved manufacturer's manuals and other approved instructions

BUT, the manual does not require the protective coatings to be in place.

That prop will make a nice man cave wall clock. Painted or polished.
Good luck, Tom

McCauley Owner/Operator Information Manual, page 202:

C.
Operators CANNOT do the following:
(6) Do not polish propeller blades unless specifically permitted by McCauley’ s instructions

From AC20-37E, page 22:

b. Operators Cannot Do the Following...:
(8) Do not polish blades unless specifically permitted by the manufacturer’s instructions.

Unless there is some sort of SB or STC allowing polished blades.
You should have said "no Didn't see anything forbidding it"

That prop will make a nice man cave wall clock. Painted or polished.
Good luck, Tom
It is going to be a training aid for the local DME, too bad that it will get wacked and filed on a thousand times. it's a nice little prop, and will be airworthy when it leaves here.
but the buyer will do with it as they please.
Funny, I put it on the static balancer tonight, and it's perfect.

Not my shop, not my monkees. It is my airplane. And the prop is seriously cool.

I wouldn't use a prop that was altered by a mechanic. My prop goes to a prop shop when it needs more than minor dressing.

Back