Proliferation of schools using callsigns

The OP is talking about flight schools making radio calls without including aircraft type, presumably causing ambiguity in other pilots' situational awareness. ADSB can mitigate that issue. Are flight school aircraft flying without ADSB out?

In your area, are planes without ADSB out making calls that don't include the aircraft type? If not, then you don't have the "problem" the OP has.
Thread drift on my part - I was mentioning, as an aside, that our ADSB ground station coverage is poor.

Hmm, how do those that use different call signs at towered and uncontrolled deal with the issue that the ADSB out call MUST match the spoken one??????

If you have a Compassion call sign, you need to change your transponder to transmit the proper callsign when you use it.

Well Buckeye and Riddle need the call signs because they registered a lot of their planes with 0SU and ER respectively. I blast through Lynchburg's airspace regularly and hear the Liberty flights. That doesn't bother me much but I'd sure like to know where their practice areas are (but I'm assuming ROA is going to keep me away from them).

The club plane my wife leaned to fly in (and that I flew to OSH the first two years), was an ex-Riddle plane. It had been 73ER there, but they rebadged it 73FR when they sold it. One year at Oshksoh I found a "I'm an Embry-Riddle Alumnus" button and stuck it in the headliner. The owner sold it to Stan Fetter who fitted it with a Thielert Diesel and flew traffic reporting over DC for a while. Year before last I was walking through the Continental booth and go NFW. My wife says "what?" I say check out the N-number. Ol' FR was there sporting a new panel and avionics, but still had the Thielert which Continental now had the rights to.

Back