Private checkride went horribly wrong!

I gotta ask...this troll has a thread that has gone on for over 270 posts, in about a day. Every poster but the OP agrees with each other. Does POA have some type of award for this, because I am not sure I have ever seen anything like it before.

Furthermore, I think it does need to be pointed out that everyone posting does realize that the OP probably gets off with trying to be obstinate, and that he is probably the only one at this point that is still taking this thread seriously.

Okay back to the thread.

There is also the possibility that our candidate was pressing his CFI to recommend him for his ride since it's likely he has 100hrs now and it's getting pretty expensive. The CFI acquiesced and called the DPE letting him know the scoop and asking him not to hold this student's lack of preparedness against him.
I think it is more likely that the checkride described never ever happened, except in the OP's overactive imagination. What purpose would it serve some CFI to even train someone with this type of personality. I think all of the CFI's I know both personally and from forums would have cut this guy out long before allowing him to solo. Either that or he developed a symptomatic brain tumor, or suddenly became psychologically ill prior to his checkride and after being signed off.

I never got the "don't use your real name online" thing. Live in public. You do anyway, and you're less of a target that way.

I think it is more likely that the checkride described never ever happened, except in the OP's overactive imagination. What purpose would it serve some CFI to even train someone with this type of personality. I think all of the CFI's I know both personally and from forums would have cut this guy out long before allowing him to solo. Either that or he developed a symptomatic brain tumor, or suddenly became psychologically ill prior to his checkride and after being signed off.

A pay check.

Just think of it as open mike night at the comedy club with some drunk in the balcony that is trying to heckle but isn't very good at it.

I gotta ask...this troll has a thread that has gone on for over 270 posts, in about a day. Every poster but the OP agrees with each other. Does POA have some type of award for this, because I am not sure I have ever seen anything like it before.

Furthermore, I think it does need to be pointed out that everyone posting does realize that the OP probably gets off with trying to be obstinate, and that he is probably the only one at this point that is still taking this thread seriously.

Okay back to the thread.

Just think of it as open mike night at the comedy club with some drunk in the balcony that is trying to heckle but isn't very good at it.
I think you are being overly generous to the OP. That's when the bouncers make their paycheck.

Possibly, but I cannot think of anyone that hardup. I think I would rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon than fly with this guy, or train this guy.

Some flight schools are busy, some are slow, but if the boss tells you to fly with someone, what are you gonna do?

Right now on Designatedpilotexaminersofamerica.com there's a 270 post thread on the most ridiculous pilot candidate ever and everyone is accusing the DPE who started the thread of making up the story.

Some flight schools are busy, some are slow, but if the boss tells you to fly with someone, what are you gonna do?
Been in similar situations in my training and said no! Cause at the end of the day when the crap hits the fan, you will be left holding the bag and being held responsible, while the boss is sipping his drink of choice in the local bar. In life like, in flying the most important word I have learned is "unable."

Right now on Designatedpilotexaminersofamerica.com there's a 270 post thread on the most ridiculous pilot candidate ever and everyone is accusing the DPE who started the thread of making up the story.
Touche

Netsol says:
dpesofamerica.com is available!

Been in similar situations in my training and said no! Cause at the end of the day when the crap hits the fan, you will be left holding the bag and being held responsible, while the boss is sipping his drink of choice in the local bar. In life like, in flying the most important word I have learned is "unable."

Yeah, but flying itself is reasonably easy, with proper supervision the guy is probably safe enough. It's the decision making process that is difficult, and once he gets signed off, it's no longer the CFI's problem, especially if he notified the DE of the issues.

*snort* YGBSM is sometimes equally effective.

Yeah, but flying itself is reasonably easy, with proper supervision the guy is probably safe enough. It's the decision making process that is difficult, and once he gets signed off, it's no longer the CFI's problem, especially if he notified the DE of the issues.
??? It seems to me that I have read in the past of pilots who have done stupid things after and before getting their PPL and the CFI's being held accountable. I think what you are saying is right, but at least in my training, and from what I read from the posts of CFI's that personal attitude is as important to flying as is airplane attitude, and given this guy's personal attitude I find it hard that anyone would even want to take the chance of him getting his PPL.

??? It seems to me that I have read in the past of pilots who have done stupid things after and before getting their PPL and the CFI's being held accountable. I think what you are saying is right, but at least in my training, and from what I read from the posts of CFI's that personal attitude is as important to flying as is airplane attitude, and given this guy's personal attitude I find it hard that anyone would even want to take the chance of him getting his PPL.

What do you think the chances are? What do you do as a CFI when the required training has been given, the student can perform the tasks within standards but has poor attitude and decision making skills, you don't want to recommend them for a ride, but they threaten to sue you if you don't? At minimum you have to put them forward for the ride so you have some corroborating evidence on your side.

At this point I would recommend that our OP go to the FAA for his ride so he gets a fair and impartial examiner that won't charge him a dime.

At this point I would recommend that our OP go to the FAA for his ride so he gets a fair and impartial examiner that won't charge him a dime.

Great idea !

No conflicts of interest due to payment. Just a fair assessment of his skills when it comes to planning and executing a flight to PTS standards :yes: .

What do you think the chances are? What do you do as a CFI when the required training has been given, the student can perform the tasks within standards but has poor attitude and decision making skills, you don't want to recommend them for a ride, but they threaten to sue you if you don't? At minimum you have to put them forward for the ride so you have some corroborating evidence on your side.

Slim to none, but why even take the chance. As for the threat to sue, I see where you are coming from, but not sure what the basis of the lawsuit would be, in that is it not your responsibility as a CFI to determine when some is ready for the checkride, and clearing someone for a checkride you feel is not ready could expose you to more liability. Then again, I can only go from personal experience(non aviation), and I have refused to "sign off" someone I felt was not ready to progress and my boss threatened to fire me when I refused. End result I did not get fired, though the boss did fire the other guy two months later. I just feel that there are times you need to stand your ground despite the risks, because doing otherwise is even worse.

I feel like Bruce Lee in one of those old movies. Countless waves of lesser mortals coming at me, and I deftly dispatch them one by one.

Calling me stupid, etc, really very childish. I have an advanced college degree. Yes, shock and horror.

I am actually reasonable. Most of you have made good points. I hear what you're saying and filing it away. Some of it in useful places, and some of it in "who gives a flying f-k". Don't be offended if I don't listen to everything you have to say.

Now back to my "event". You were not there. I know my stuff. My CFI agrees that he was overly harsh on me but blames that on my bonehead "record the session" move. Yes, contrary to what many of you are saying, I know and admit my mess up.

As for the comment about all the friggin' aviation geniuses reading this forum... They're not doing that BS inkpot and papyrus flight planning my idiot DPE kept pressing me on. I showed him a perfect flight plan in foreflight the way MOST OF YOU do it, or one of the other websites like fltplan.com. Stop lying when you defend that paper crap. It is indefensible.

Murphy, thanks for your comments. I promise not to scare you if I fly in your airspace, honey cakes.

Wayne... You've got me on ignore yet you're posting in this thread. Yeah, right. Being old and childish must be interesting. At least I've got youth as my excuse.

The saga will continue. I will pass my checkride next week. I guarantee it. I succeed at everything I do. Sometimes I hit a speedbump or some idiot in my way, but it is a temporary setback.
Lesser mortals? Really? Dude, go %*+- yourself. I hope you fail your checkride.

I'm pretty new here - just posted my first thread the other day.

Didn't realize these forums were so...entertaining :)

Best post of the thread...

I feel like Bruce Lee in one of those old movies. Countless waves of lesser mortals coming at me, and I deftly dispatch them one by one.

Fantasy.

Calling me stupid, etc, really very childish.

Projection.

I have an advanced college degree.

Compensation.

I know my stuff.

Denial.

They're not doing that BS inkpot and papyrus flight planning

Rationalization.

The saga will continue. I will pass my checkride next week. I guarantee it. I succeed at everything I do. Sometimes I hit a speedbump or some idiot in my way, but it is a temporary setback.

Fantasy.

Hey, I've got a party coming up in Boca Raton. A bunch of my buddies and I want to go drinking and need to have someone drive the boat for us. Can you do that? I see you mind boats for a living. I'll drop you an email. That would be great.

Sure, pay my rate and I'll run your boat, drop a line anytime. I'll even take you to the Bahamas and show you a good time.

As shark bait?? :D

I'm guessing the sharks would take one sniff of Peter and say "DOO DEEE"!!!

Mike

To the OP:

The DPE couldn't care less about what you post. To paraphrase Curly from City Slickers: He has cr@ps bigger than you.

I've been flying for 20 years. Of the pilots I've ever interacted with, you rank highest in my ratings of "most likely to end up in a smoking hole". This gives me no pleasure to state. I've got an advanced degree too. Big whoop. You can even verify that, I use my real name here. I've met plenty of folks with advance degrees and personality disorders which would or should preclude them from operating an aircraft.

So, do you know the proper procedure to preflight your iPad and iPhone or not?

This thread reminds me of the video of the AME exam with the candidate who has virtually every medical issue that results in a denial. As listed above by dmspilot, this guy is posting using a copy of the hazardous attitudes as a checklist.

Here, hold my beer and watch this - I'm about to fall on the ground and laugh till I wet myself after reading all the above.

Holy crap. Some people have delusions of grandeur, this guy has delusions of adequacy.
Calling me stupid, etc, really very childish. I have an advanced college degree. Yes, shock and horror.
Which means nothing other than someone paid for you to waste several years in college, where apparently you failed to learn any lessons outside the classroom.
I am actually reasonable.
That statement is contradicted by nearly every other one you've made.
As for the comment about all the friggin' aviation geniuses reading this forum... They're not doing that BS inkpot and papyrus flight planning my idiot DPE kept pressing me on. I showed him a perfect flight plan in foreflight the way MOST OF YOU do it, or one of the other websites like fltplan.com. Stop lying when you defend that paper crap. It is indefensible.
You're just simply plain wrong, and refuse to admit it. Maybe it's stubbornness, maybe it's a comprehension issue, I don't know. I'm not going to explain to you why you need to be able to work up a flight plan, and have it in written form, before launching; that's your CFI's job, which he has apparently failed to do, and you have failed to absorb. I'm just stunned that your CFI would so completely fail to recognize your obvious deficiencies that he would sign you off for the practical exam.

I can teach a 9 year old how to operate a car, but they're still not to be turned loose on public roads. You may have learned how to manipulate the controls if an airplane, but you're certainly no pilot. Without a dramatic change in attitude, you never will be.
The saga will continue. I will pass my checkride next week. I guarantee it.
I have a beer and a sandwich that says you're wrong on that one, too.

As the holder of an advanced degree, can you provide the following information for the great unwashed and semi-educated?

1. Do any Jr. Hi's in your area confer such degrees?
2. If so, are any of them in EE?

To the OP:

The DPE couldn't care less about what you post. To paraphrase Curly from City Slickers: He has cr@ps bigger than you.

I've been flying for 20 years. Of the pilots I've ever interacted with, you rank highest in my ratings of "most likely to end up in a smoking hole". This gives me no pleasure to state. I've got an advanced degree too. Big whoop. You can even verify that, I use my real name here. I've met plenty of folks with advance degrees and personality disorders which would or should preclude them from operating an aircraft.

So, do you know the proper procedure to preflight your iPad and iPhone or not?

On passing your check ride ,not with your attitude. Like it that everyone who posted on your dilemma is wrong. Hope your not flying in my area.

300+ responses to an obvious troll, you guys are losing your touch! :D
His orginial post looks like the outline for a Saturday Night Live skit, if they did skits on general aviation! :lol: Maybe the old Carol Burnett show with Tim Conway as the examiner and Harvey Korman as the student! :yes:

His orginial post looks like the outline for a Saturday Night Live skit, if they did skits on general aviation! :lol: Maybe the old Carol Burnett show with Tim Conway as the examiner and Harvey Korman as the student! :yes:

Damn,

you're old ...... :D

Yahbut everybody can use their best material and nobody but him is required to take their turn in the barrel.

Back