Private checkride went horribly wrong!

No, but I just noticed what you fly. I believe I need to retract my statement.

WTF dude!

Yeah, I hate it too. it was between this and a Global explorer. This just had better visibility. Should have gone with the Global.

I had a dream last night about how Pete's latest checkride went. And it was a shameful example of how those who can't do, teach and those who can't teach, examine. It was truly shameful and in fact criminal, I believe.

Why is it that the best pilots do that not have certificates? Can anyone explain that? Alaskan bush pilots, for example, over half don't even have their licenses. But they can fly the pants off some idiot with an ATP and multiple ratings who will stall a plane all the way from FL380 to the ocean whimpering "what's going on!" That would NOT have happened to Pete.

The system is MESSED UP!!!

Luckily the policing is not so good.

He might. His SR22 weighs 4000 lbs.
I bet the stall speed on that thing is quite high.

St. Pete

My checkride is in 3 days. Question I will assume that unlike Pete, you probably passed yours or maybe the examiner saw you drive up and just handed you your ticket no questions asked?

At any rate, would love any tips you may have to offer assuming you have taken and passed yours.

My tip is: Don't take any **** from the DPE. If he is wrong, tell him he is wrong. Then if he tells you there is a camel on the runway and that you need to go around, tell him he must be hallicinating there is no camel on the runway, and there are no camels in texas anyway! And so "No I won't go around, there is a perfectly good runway in front of me". Remember, you are PIC and he is just an old loser fool who is trying to defend an indefensible 1940's era of the way flying used to be.

If he attempts to wrestle the control from you, by all means slap him. You are PIC. Do not stand for that.

You will be fine.

I had a dream last night about how Pete's latest checkride went. And it was a shameful example of how those who can't do, teach and those who can't teach, examine. It was truly shameful and in fact criminal, I believe.

Why is it that the best pilots do that not have certificates? Can anyone explain that? Alaskan bush pilots, for example, over half don't even have their licenses. But they can fly the pants off some idiot with an ATP and multiple ratings who will stall a plane all the way from FL380 to the ocean whimpering "what's going on!" That would NOT have happened to Pete.

The system is MESSED UP!!!

Luckily the policing is not so good.

Yeah, so you got to fly this time and you racked up the plane huh... Oh well, try again in another month.

Not if you dunk your cigarettes in them, then you build up your immunities.

Tell us your preferred way of turning around in a box canyon and tell us some of the issues and conditions you need to watch for.

I think you're full of it. Bet you haven't even flown in three months.

Tell us your preferred way of turning around in a box canyon and tell us some of the issues and conditions you need to watch for.

How wide, how much AGL do I have and how much airspeed? If your preference is a Chandelle, you've severely limited your options.

Whoa!!!

I just got a PM from the old Pete. Very strange:

"Hey man, sorry to bug you. I am still watching the thread. Look I am 28 and I have never even flown a plane before. It is just that I am still a virgin and I hear pilots can get laid. So I thought I would come on the board and be all cocky and maybe some girl would take a liking to me. I got banned which sucked but I am still watching and wondering if there is something I can do to get with the ladies. And between you and me, I sort of have a man-crush on Henning.

Actually it is not really a man crush, just more of just a crush. Hard to explain. I read his posts and I get these feelings... Ya know? down there?

That night I really wasn't drinking expensive wine. I had some Boone's Farm Strawberry hill and it totally went to my head and I got all jerky to everyone.

Sorry, I am just going through a lot. My mom is ****ed at me because she hates World of Warcraft and thinks I need to get a real job. Ok, I will be honest here. She thinks I should get a job period. It is so tough. I worked at Arby's last year for 9 WHOLE MONTHS! and she says I don't try and my life is going nowhere. My WOW character is level 40 and she totally has no clue how hard that was to do.

I was going to take my Arby's money and take a flying lesson but I spent it on some pot and then I spent the rest on Arby's sandwiches because I was soooo damn hungry after smoking the pot.

Please don't tell anyone on the forum that I sent this message to you. You just seemed like some one I could reach out to for some advice. And man, if you have any tips for getting with the ladies... Or even Henning, that would be awesome too"

Whoa!!!

"Hey man, sorry to bug you. I am still watching the thread. Look I am 28 and I have never even flown a plane before. It is just that I am still a virgin and I hear pilots can get laid. So I thought I would come on the board and be all cocky and maybe some girl would take a liking to me. I got banned which sucked but I am still watching and wondering if there is something I can do to get with the ladies. And between you and me, I sort of have a man-crush on Henning.

Actually it is not really a man crush, just more of just a crush. Hard to explain. I read his posts and I get these feelings... Ya know? down there?

That night I really wasn't drinking expensive wine. I had some Boone's Farm Strawberry hill and it totally went to my head and I got all jerky to everyone.

Sorry, I am just going through a lot. My mom is ****ed at me because she hates World of Warcraft and thinks I need to get a real job. Ok, I will be honest here. She thinks I should get a job period. It is so tough. I worked at Arby's last year for 9 WHOLE MONTHS! and she says I don't try and my life is going nowhere. My WOW character is level 40 and she totally has no clue how hard that was to do.

I was going to take my Arby's money and take a flying lesson but I spent it on some pot and then I spent the rest on Arby's sandwiches because I was soooo damn hungry after smoking the pot.

Please don't tell anyone on the forum that I sent this message to you. You just seemed like some one I could reach out to for some advice. And man, if you have any tips for getting with the ladies... Or even Henning, that would be awesome too"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

How wide, how much AGL do I have and how much airspeed? If your preference is a Chandelle, you've severely limited your options.

FAIL!

Thought so.

AGL is irrelevant, MSL is more relevant and you didn't ask about wind conditions, temperatures, type of plane (turbo charged?).

I expect more of you Henning. Try again.

As for conditions, state of energy and headwind or tailwind are the only really important factors. As long as I have enough excess energy, be it speed or altitude, I can turn the plane around in a wingspan. If I have a headwind heading into the wall, I'm likely to get driven down so my best tactic would be a hammerhead in a tight canyon, if I have a tailwind I'll be lifted toward the wall so I may be better off with half a Split S.

Whoa!!!

Hey! You're not supposed to repeat any PM's I, I mean Pete, sends you! They are private! I believe that is a violation of the forum rules!

(Henning, we're going to have to lie low for a while... They're onto us... This 6PC is a smart dude... Damn! Can't get anything by him!)

There is a deafening silence in here now. How awkward.

I need to leave for a while and regroup.

You aren't the first dude to have crush on me, if I was gay, I'd be rich right now.

You aren't the first dude to have crush on me, if I was gay, I'd be rich right now.

You mean it is not mutual? All those exchanged emails? Those PM's?

:mad2:

I'm such a fool! How could I have let this happen???

I'm sorry, I don't know how to handle this. I've never been outed on a public forum before. Although, it just adds to the humiliation I've had to suffer here and is not surprising. And the rejection. Just awful.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Yep, you're the biggest drama queen to come around in quite a few years. Don't go getting all miserable now, there's plenty of miserable people here already, and you won't beat No Joy anyway, he's got enjoying misery down so pat you'd think he grew up in the Soviet Union.

As for conditions, state of energy and headwind or tailwind are the only really important factors. As long as I have enough excess energy, be it speed or altitude, I can turn the plane around in a wingspan. If I have a headwind heading into the wall, I'm likely to get driven down so my best tactic would be a hammerhead in a tight canyon, if I have a tailwind I'll be lifted toward the wall so I may be better off with half a Split S.

Um, no, it matters which direction the wind is going in relation to the axis of the canyon. You haven't actually done any real mountain flying have you? And state of energy is also irrelevant. The starting condition is you're happily flying along, minding your own business, enjoying the scenery when... DAMN! This is a box canyon! Time to turn around! You had sufficient energy to be cruising at a comfortable speed at a level altitude.

Okay, you're on. I would race you in the mountains. You would not survive, that much is clear.

Um, no, it matters which direction the wind is going in relation to the axis of the canyon. You haven't actually done any real mountain flying have you? And state of energy is also irrelevant. The starting condition is you're happily flying along, minding your own business, enjoying the scenery when... DAMN! This is a box canyon! Time to turn around! You had sufficient energy to be cruising at a comfortable speed at a level altitude.

Okay, you're on. I would race you in the mountains. You would not survive, that much is clear.

No worries, when you get a license or an airplane, give a shout.

Told you, I'd be rich right now if I was. I had a trust fund kid in a billionaire family wanted me. Gay doesn't scare me in the slightest, doesn't particularly interest me either.

You're welcome, Pete....I'm sure your "lady friend" was impressed.

Sharing a $500 bottle of wine, no doubt. :rolleyes:

Actually... Sharing a bottle of wine, but nothing special. Just a $120 bottle. And I need to leave... She is getting suspicious. Thinks I'm having an affair! Damn, this internet forum stuff is addictive. I need to leave, my dear friends, I apologize, I know my presence is deeply satisfying on many levels to most of you, sexual even to some it appears, but others need me and I need others. The real world beckons.

It has been delightful. But I must go.

Good night.

I still find it interesting that Jay hasn't posted anything since Sept 13 yet he was active last at 10:38pm today Eastern and is yet logged on.

Whoa!!!

Okay, we're in Ft. Worth right now, so I read that with a Texas accent, and it sounded totally authentic! Clearly, Pete is from Texas too! Wow!

Okay, we're in Ft. Worth right now, so I read that with a Texas accent, and it sounded totally authentic! Clearly, Pete is from Texas too! Wow!

Do you fly out of Ft. Worth?
I am out of Roanoke.

Back