Practice area near DAB

Groundpounder

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Emerson Bigguns
How far do I need to go to get some airspace for an avionics test flight that isn't infested with flight training airplanes? There is the alert area to the west, with military airspace west of that, then another alert area to the south, then the MCO class B.

While I know nothing of the local DAB activity, what about directly over the top of DAB? There generally isn't much traffic right overhead Class C airports at "normal" piston altitudes. 4500 or higher puts you above the C even.

Of course, out over the water 10 miles or so would likely not see too much traffic, but assuming you're flying the airplane in your profile picture, I can understand not wanting to do that.

How far do I need to go to get some airspace for an avionics test flight that isn't infested with flight training airplanes? There is the alert area to the west, with military airspace west of that, then another alert area to the south, then the MCO class B.

Give approach a call on the phone and ask them. I've found them pretty helpful when asked.

While I know nothing of the local DAB activity, what about directly over the top of DAB? There generally isn't much traffic right overhead Class C airports at "normal" piston altitudes. 4500 or higher puts you above the C even.

I'm all for that, I guess it just depends on how that works with DAB approach.

Give approach a call on the phone and ask them. I've found them pretty helpful when asked.

That is a good idea, thanks.

I was flying to KVRB from the NE a few years ago. I did a fair amount 4+ miles off the beach, very few in my way. I had a little altitude below me.

Back