Portable AC

This has more potential

iu

I wish there was a button on Kickstarter for “let me know when the product is shipping and has been reviewed by actual people”.

I’m a bit skeptical of this particular unit. Doesn’t list BTU in the FAQ, but someone in the comments section said (or perhaps guessed) it’s 1100 BTU. That’s not going to cool much and yes you will have to vent the hot air somewhere outside or you won’t get any cooling. You will also have to deal with condensation water, draining it into a bottle or whatever. The Zero Breeze unit is more expensive, but probably a better unit at 2300 BTU. Weight is 16.5 lbs plus probably another 5 or so for the battery.

and yes you will have to vent the hot air somewhere outside or you won’t get any cooling.
Not if it relied on matter undergoing a state change. But then, the run time would be limited by the amount of available matter.

Not if it relied on matter undergoing a state change. But then, the run time would be limited by the amount of available matter.
The most likely matter undergoing a phase change would be the pilot melting into a puddle.

Not a bit suspicious that they hype that it is a blue tooth speaker, charging station, and a flash light.

But yet not a mention of how this magically works.

Clearly I need to learn more about this Kickstarter thing. Looks lucrative. (Looking for that book by PT Barnum)

There's something wrong with their specs. 1100 BTU and 364 wH gives about an hour of runtime, not 6 hours.

I have a feeling this is just another swamp cooler.
I could not find any specs to verify.

I was expecting a claim that it didn’t need an exhaust for the hot air because it would be cooled by the cool air being created ……….

This the portable Large Arctic Air Real AC works great in Houston heat:

https://www.arcticaircooler.com/

I had a new interior put in and the shop did a great job fabricating the AC exhaust. Here some pics during my recent interior install.

bfe07b90050457c6b8ab7daf039c114c.jpg

91abbc73e2c6eace7033f8a525e78b33.jpg

059a9db872334f9552db5cfac22d56af.jpg

0c4edbd47df1cef08549698371f9f00c.jpg

Kickstarter....last year I saw a gadget that cleaned both the outside and inside of a modern curved, slanted car windshield. 2 parts, which were basically 6x6 inch ‘scrubbers’ with a magnet inside, covered in various material. One inside, one outside (with the handle) and the magnet kept them together. Cute idea. Min participation was over $100. The ‘concept’ was you cleaned the outside and the inside at the same time.

I picked up a different gadget at Walmart for $14 that had a handle and covered 6x4 in scrubber so you could clean the windshield inside. Outside? you’re on your own.

Definitely practical (maybe) but outlandishly expnsive. An irrelevant solution to a problem.

Back