POAer spotted out in the wild.

Must be a docter......they fli boonanzzas!

Golly...looking at all these airplanes makes me want to fly something other than my slow Cherokee :(

Is that thar one of them Bomooneys like @eman1200 has? Nice purty airplane.

Last edited:
Two guys of which I owe a beer. Spike because he sent me a part for my airplane and Briany because he came up with that cool website that prints out all the stuff I need to fly.

I owe Spike a dinner for... reasons... so between the two of us, he’s got a dinner and drinks covered sometime, somewhere. :)

It was mildly entertaining getting home today, turned out very well. I was following BrYan pretty much in-trail (I think I could smell him). Good company, those two young'uns are.

Spike and I also learned that TCAS and ADS B are only so reliable.
"Spike! Where are ya buddy? ya disappeared from both my traffic systems"
"Bryan, I can't see you anymore either"

I'd say we were ~4 miles apart for most of an hour and 20% of the flight, there was no sign of him on either of my TVs.

I'd say we were ~4 miles apart for most of an hour and 20% of the flight, there was no sign of him on either of my TVs.
Not sold out so over the air broadcast was canceled

It was mildly entertaining getting home today, turned out very well. I was following BrYan pretty much in-trail (I think I could smell him). Good company, those two young'uns are.

Wait. A Bo was BEHIND the Grumman?! Oh yeah Bryan-y flew the traveling airplane. Ha. :)

Y’all don’t believe me when I say the engineering of ADS-B is total crap for a supposed “safety” system.

And you don’t have TCAS. Neither one of you do. That’s a very specific system that almost nobody in piston GA purchases.

Wait. A Bo was BEHIND the Grumman?! Oh yeah Bryan-y flew the traveling airplane. Ha. :)

Y’all don’t believe me when I say the engineering of ADS-B is total crap for a supposed “safety” system.

And you don’t have TCAS. Neither one of you do. That’s a very specific system that almost nobody in piston GA purchases.
I don't know what the heck I have. It was a shot in the dark. What I have is this screen and I got no clue what technology makes it work.

TAS maybe? Some seris of letters I'm sure

I don't know what the heck I have. It was a shot in the dark. What I have is this screen and I got no clue what technology makes it work.

Does the Cirrus have an AFM? :) It’s probably mentioned somewhere in it, I’m guessin’.

Turn off "hide distant traffic" and you see him.

You be havin' TIS-B most likely. I think some Cirri have a TCAS system since it only adds about 10 AMU to the price tag. What's an added 1%?

I can always tell a serious drinker when they have a beer cozzie (sp?)

I can always tell a serious drinker when they have a beer cozzie (sp?)

Those are amateurs. Real drinkers have coozies on their whiskey bottles, but no straw.

Back