POA Symphony

NealRomeoGolf

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
NRG
This is a spin off thread from @spiderweb 's thread about playing a gig the other day. From that thread and other memory, I believe our musical talent is summed up here:

cello - @spiderweb
cello - @NealRomeoGolf
sexy backup vocals - @denverpilot
sexy kazoo - @eman1200
guitar - @Robin Sullivan
lead vocals...I mean trumpet - @Cajun_Flyer
trombone (if I remember right) - @MAKG1
lead vocals - @labbadabba
percussion - @Floatplanes
percussion - @SoonerAviator
court jester - @SixPapaCharlie
bass guitar - @jsstevens
organ - @Ted DuPuis (I guess this means we have to play Saint-Saens' 3rd)
violin - @Sac Arrow
bassoon - @Palmpilot
accordion - @wanttaja
violin - @asicer
guitar - @coloradobluesky
trombone - @Dan Thomas
tuba - @Yellowbird
clarinet - @tawood
sax - @Wrench978
keytar - @paflyer
guitar - @Half Fast
bass guitar - @ktup-flyer
stage grunt - @Shawn
Conductor (logs PIC) - @luvflyin
percussion - @colojo
guitar suckage - @exncsurfer

Who did I miss?? I'm sure we have some piano players as well (I play some and spiderweb does as well). Add yours below and I'll edit the master list.

So one of these days when I get back from living abroad we'll have to put together a POA symphony fly in. :D

Last edited:
What are you looking for yet? drums? piano? tenor sax? bass guitar? They're all in the arsenal to some extent or another.

I sang opera for 20 years... (well, still do)

Also piano and trumpet. Anyone need flying and voice lessons?

I was a voice major in college (continue to sing) and play guitar and bass.

I sang at Carnegie Hall 20 years ago, but you don't want me singing now.

I do play pipe organ.

I would say my function would be more "make squeaky noises" rather than actually playing the sax.

Check out Flying Musicians....and if you're going to airventure, there's the Airventure Band. One concert this year on Wed evening and the SSB before the airshow onTuesday. Plus small groups as needed around the show.

I'm taking a break from bassoon playing right now, but I could probably get back in shape after a couple of months of practicing.

Check out Flying Musicians....and if you're going to airventure, there's the Airventure Band. One concert this year on Wed evening and the SSB before the airshow onTuesday. Plus small groups as needed around the show.
Unfortunately my move overseas corresponds with Airventure. Sounds cool though.

Learned to play accordion as a kid. Haven't touched one in about 55 years, and the world's been the better for it.

Ron "Ah one and ah two" Wanttaja

Violin and piano, although the latter would better be described as "hacking" vs. "playing". However I'm current on the piano while the violin would need a BFR, IPC and an AME sign-off. No way you'd get me to play either in public, though.

Trombone. Recently bought a slide trumpet (soprano trombone) that is a real trial to my lips. Quit the piano lessons when I was 14; one of the dumber decisions I made as a kid. A rare intervals, the violin.

High-school nostalgia: http://www.allbrassradio.com/

Learned to play accordion as a kid. Haven't touched one in about 55 years, and the world's been the better for it.

Ron "Ah one and ah two" Wanttaja
I have one for you to play if you'd like. :D

Add me for trombone (tenor and bass), euphonium, tuba, trumpet, and electric bass. I'm also an arranger with a couple of original compositions to my name.

This is pretty much me, except acoustic guitar instead of piano.
One of those things where once you know one instrument and the principles behind what you're doing, adding more to the arsenal is reasonably easy

Clarinet, piano, and blues harmonica for me...and I frequently play duets with my daughter or girlfriend and my uke...but on the uke I'm an amateur.

Keys, primarily electronic. Theoretically I can play some semblance of any instrument.

Apparently no one wants to admit to being a violist. I've got some good viola jokes.

I'm honestly a better vocalist than a guitarist. And I'm a better harmony singer than melody. Most of the time when I listen to stuff, I'm picking off the harmony and memorizing it.

Someone else mentioned that they were a vocal major, as was I, for a whopping two semesters before I dropped out.

The instruments were just "add on ratings".
Yuk yuk. See what I did there? :)

Also explains the forced torture (cough...) joy of having to sing classical/opera back then. (Not that I don't like listening to a good opera singer, but I'm not a good opera singer!)

Amarilli, mia Bella... me signing. Ick.

Put me in the chorus for the Chichester Psalms or a nice raucous John Rutter piece. I'll fill in that tenor part nice and full for ya... and you can holler at the basses to keep up. :)

I have one for you to play if you'd like. :D
Nahh. My Dad once left our accordion in the back seat of the car, and parked in a bad neighborhood.

The inevitable happened. He came back to the car to find the window broken, and two more accordions in the back....

Ron "C-major, C-minor, C-Major, C-Minor, B-Major, B-Minor, B-Major, B-Minor, D-Major, D-Minor, D-Major, D-Minor, C-Major/Minor" Wanttaja

I have a bass and a guitar, but I can play the triangle and recorder, as long as the song is three blind mice

I frequently play duets with my daughter

My 3 year old can rock the bass.
badass1.jpg

Back