POA Atlanta Area Meetup

cleared4theoption

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jeremy
So, based on what seems to be some interest...I've started this thread.
Some ideas put forth were:
Flying Machine at LZU
Spitfire Grill at WDR
Elevation Chophouse at RYY

My personal vote is for Flying Machine...partially because I've been there many times, and I love it
But also because RYY is a heck of a drive for me, andI don't have my PPL yet, so I can't fly-in(unless someone wants to pick me up at GVL or WDR):D
So let's do a "poll by responses"
Vote for one, or ad your own.
Then we will try and nail down a time.

I would vote Flying Machine, Elevation Chophouse and Spitfire Grill.

The Spitfire Grill has the most limiting hours.

If everybody votes for three, how do we get a consensus?
I vote Flying Machine.

Its a haul for me (based in raleigh) but I haven't flown anywhere fun in a few weeks. I'm keeping my eye on this!

I'll vote Flying Machine.

Whether I can make it or not depends on when. Next Saturday morning is Young Eagles at KLZU (Chapter 690), and Memorial Day weekend we'll have the Ford Tri-Motor.

Anywhere works for me. I'm on an every other weekend schedule for work, with next week being an off weekend. Sometimes I can make it on my on weekend if I don't have a flight scheduled, I'm just on call.

Looking forward to it.

How about next Saturday May 19 for lunch? Flying Machine KLZU
I'm in.

I vote Elevation, Flying Machine, then Spitfire. If you do Elevation, I can arrange a tour of Hansen Air Group and a look at several Light Sport Aircraft. I'll be delivering a couple to Purdue that week but should be back my the 19th.

Oh, I'm totally down for Elevation! Love watching the Nitrogen Martinis and Margaritas being made, lol!

If my airplane was working (down for condition inspection and due to a bad electronic ignition), I'd choose the Flying Machine.

Since the airplane is broken, I'd choose Elevation since it is 15 minutes from my house and 20 minutes from VPC, where my airplane is...

I'll have to play it by ear for next Saturday. My youngest grand son is graduating from pre-school in Woodstock and it happens at 9:30. We can probably make it back to Lawrenceville in time, but will be tight.

Usually Young Eagles is complete by noon, depends on the number of kids and the weather not delaying things. I think they're expecting 20 - 30 kids next week but could be more since last month was canceled.

Rich, will the Young Eagles be done by lunch? If so, this might work for me and you as well.
As iTSA said, YE *should* be done by noon, but depends on how many kids, and how many pilots. If we're done, I'll head to The Flying Machine. Looking forward to it.

Well, let's take a tentative vote...
Next Saturday 12:30 (to give time for EAA young Eagles meeting...i am going as well as Rich) at Flying Machine

What say ye?

Also, since there seem to be a few people in favor of Chophouse(in fact it seems it is only Flying Machine by a narrow margin) Maybe we could alternate and do the next one at chophouse??

Also, since there seem to be a few people in favor of Chophouse(in fact it seems it is only Flying Machine by a narrow margin) Maybe we could alternate and do the next one at chophouse??

How far is that from Flowery Branch, Jeremy? I'd be in as long as it's ok with the wife, and there's nothing else going on that conflicts.

If I'm in town, the Mochine sounds good to me, too.
Call Joy or Hokey in advance and they'll have some tables shoved together.

- Russ

If I'm not enroute to/from Iowa to pick up a plane, I'll try to make the *gasp* drive up there. I'm currently plane-less (and BFR-less as well).

I guess we will go with next Saturday the 19th, 12:30 at The Flying Machine. I'll call ahead and let them know to expect a small crowd...do we want to sit outside if the weather is nice?

Looks like we have seven that either voted Flying Machine and/or confirmed they were in...with a potential for a couple more. I will call and let them know we will have 8-10...just to be on the safe side.
12:30 Saturday at The Flying Machine KLZU

Looking forward to it.

I live in Savannah. I won't be able to drive up this weekend, but hopefully I can make it another time.

BTW, if any of you know of any aviation organizations or clubs that are in the Savannah area, let me know. Besides my instructor, I don't really know any active aviation enthusiasts down here.

I live in Savannah. I won't be able to drive up this weekend, but hopefully I can make it another time.

BTW, if any of you know of any aviation organizations or clubs that are in the Savannah area, let me know. Besides my instructor, I don't really know any active aviation enthusiasts down here.

If you go to the Purple Board (purpleboard.net) you can look up RV-10Flyer (Todd Swezey). He is in Savannah. I know he will be meeting another pilot for lunch this Friday.

Okay...reservation is made..under "Pilots of America"
They have my contact info.
See you all there

12:30 Saturday May 19th The Flying Machine KLZU

I wish I could go. I'm based there. My daughter has a soccer tournament all day. Family calls.

If you go to the Purple Board (purpleboard.net) you can look up RV-10Flyer (Todd Swezey). He is in Savannah. I know he will be meeting another pilot for lunch this Friday.

Cool, I'll PM him. Thanks! There's a monthly fly-in at a local private airport. I'll probably go mingle there a little bit as well.

I'd love to come, but my student schedule fills up about two weeks out, so I would more advance notice to keep some space clear. Hopefully next time.

Okay...reservation is made..under "Pilots of America"
They have my contact info.
See you all there

12:30 Saturday May 19th The Flying Machine KLZU

Sounds good. I've had an out-of-town engineer here with me this week. If he's up to it, I'll bring him along with me.

Thanks for setting it up!

Back