POA Atlanta Area Meetup

I will probably get there early because I need to leave by 1:30. If anyone wants to ride over from RYY with me, I'll be wheels up around 11:00.

Seats available from 9A1 Covington around noon. Last hanger on west end of taxiway.
Oh, and I've got a friend joining us too (he's driving)...ex USAF fighter pilot...retired Delta captain...and overall nice guy

Last edited:
OK, lemme do this before I forget. We had a great lunch socializing and swapping stories. Lance was right - his friend Dave was an overall nice guy!

Pic 1: (L-R) Lance's friend Dave, Dave T, Jeremy, Randy's wife Barbara, Randy, (the other) Rich, Lance F, and my friend Steven.

Pic 2: Nigerian G-2 on the ramp. Mysterious stories about it being impounded.

Pic 3: That tail is waaaay up there.

Pic 4: On the nose...

Rich, we need to chat about a more wide-angle lens for my 60D! I was halfway across the restaurant to get the whole group in the picture! :D

Attachments

• IMG_0312_2.jpg
    IMG_0312_2.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0316_2.jpg
    IMG_0316_2.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 26
0.9 on the Mooney Hobbs meter for a most enjoyable event. I'm sure we'll do t again. Beautiful day here in Atlanta too

OK, lemme do this before I forget. We had a great lunch socializing and swapping stories. Lance was right - his friend Dave was an overall nice guy!

Pic 1: (L-R) Lance's friend Dave, Dave T, Jeremy, Randy's wife Barbara, Randy, (the other) Rich, Lance F, and my friend Steven.

Pic 2: Nigerian G-2 on the ramp. Mysterious stories about it being impounded.

Pic 3: That tail is waaaay up there.

Pic 4: On the nose...

Rich, we need to chat about a more wide-angle lens for my 60D! I was halfway across the restaurant to get the whole group in the picture! :D

I think the Gulfstream was impounded to pay off all of Americans that responded to the emails! :D

Had a great time with everyone and listening to Dave and Lance tell some racing stories.

Sorry I couldn't make it up there - ended up going to look at houses with my wife. Looks like a good turnout from the ATL group. Hope to make the next one.

Sorry I couldn't make it up there - ended up going to look at houses with my wife. Looks like a good turnout from the ATL group. Hope to make the next one.

We missed you. Sounds like you're planning on hanging around Jawjuh. :D

Nice to meet you all. Sorry I had to eat and run. Let's do it again soon. You guys reminded me I need to update my avatar. Not only don't I fly that plane anymore, that little girl isn't as easy to pick up! She's almost nine now.

0.9 on the Mooney Hobbs meter for a most enjoyable event. I'm sure we'll do t again. Beautiful day here in Atlanta too

Only .8 on the Cessna from RYY. That's the difference between renting and owning. :D

Only .8 on the Cessna from RYY. That's the difference between renting and owning. :D

Hmmm, wait a sec. Airnav says it's 31.6 nm LZU <-> RYY, but only 21.5 between LZU and 9A1. The wind was out of the east, so Dave must've had a tailwind in his 172, but still.... I thought Mooney's were fast Lance. :confused:

Or did you take the long way around the Bravo? :rofl:

Hmmm, wait a sec. Airnav says it's 31.6 nm LZU <-> RYY, but only 21.5 between LZU and 9A1. The wind was out of the east, so Dave must've had a tailwind in his 172, but still.... I thought Mooney's were fast Lance. :confused:

Or did you take the long way around the Bravo? :rofl:
LZU was busier than Hartsfield when I tried to leave. Had to wait for at least 5 arrivals with the meter running before I could get going. I'll race a 172 any day. :D

I admit it was a fluke. The fact that the winds were out of the east alllowed me to avoid long taxis at both airports and I was number one for depature both times.

That said, I still kicked the Mooneys a$$! :D

Here's the one I have: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/594648-REG/Tokina_ATX124DXIIC_12_24mm_f_4_AT_X_124AF.html

I think the Gulfstream was impounded to pay off all of Americans that responded to the emails! :D
LOL

Man I need to cut my hair ;-)
LOL!

Back