POA Apparel

Will you pay $45 for a quality POA polo shirt?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an odd thread ...

And Jesse, I'm also glad you didn't mean the "I've met nearly everyone that matters..." comment! ;)

Lance - I really appreciate your summation and recommendation, but I mean it - Adam is running with this one. I already know that I'm not motivated enough to make it happen and that hasn't been fair to all of you.

My assumption is that Adam will be presenting our alternatives to the MC with his recommendation for the best option.

Believe it or not, guys, when it comes to non-system operational decisions, virtually all policy decisions here ARE Management Council decisions, and trust me they aren't rubber stamping whatever I say!

There ya' go. If Adam's on it, I'm with it.

What's happening here, y'all, is that you are agreeing very aggressively. :D

;););););)

shirt.jpg

that is perfect richard! Ill take two. :yes:

Tony I know that, but when it comes to risk and liability if something goes wrong, nobody has more to lose than I do.

Thats something I'm trying to work with the rest of the MC on now, in fact. Ultimately I want PoA to get *out* of my name and become its own entity.

Simple then, license to individuals the limited use of the POA logo for say a $10 or $15 donation with stipulation that it is used in positive non deragatory applications. With all the local emrodery shops and even iron on transfer materials from your home printer, people can can make the product they want, wheter it's a $10 t-shirt or $120 jacket.

Simple then, license to individuals the limited use of the POA logo for say a $10 or $15 donation with stipulation that it is used in positive non deragatory applications. With all the local emrodery shops and even iron on transfer materials from your home printer, people can can make the product they want, wheter it's a $10 t-shirt or $120 jacket.

I made a similar suggestion to both Greebo and Adam. Adam is considering it.

I would pay that much for the shirt but only if it helps POA.

I haven't heard anything and decided to hold off after being told I was not authorized to make anything several times.

I can get these things made--I'm willing to do it--I've put the work into it. I just need the OK.

Adam is still working on it. I'm sure you can all appreciate that as an attorney, he has a pretty busy schedule, so the work he's doing is on his own time and dime.

Your patience is appreciated.

Damn lawyers...

I normally do not post on emotional, political or controversial threads. (Ususally I don't even read them.) But I can't ignore this thread.

Long ago I made the decision not to let the potential implications of our sadly litigatious society run my life. Frankly I think most members of this community have made that decision, at least as it applies to our flying, since few of us are insured enough to cover every possible lawsuit we could become subject to as a result of our aviation activities.

Chuck you started a great thing. But I just can't imagine irritating a good portion of the community because of the theoretical legal implications of making a few polo shirts.

Quit referring this thing back to Adam. Poll the MC tonight and let Jesse do his thing.

(Note to Jesse: make mine a medium)

Actually folks I am meeting tomorrow with a proposed vendor. I recently obtained the right for the logo from Michael gratis. Everyone now repeat after ME THANK YOU MICHAEL.

I am hoping that tomorrow will produce a proposal for a "zero foot print" operation. I will post on what transpires at my meeting.

Edit: Lance, with all due respect if your gonna get miffed with someone get miffed with me. I told Chuck to put this on me and so it is. We are all volunteers and trying to balance this with our own professional obligations. chuck has enough on his plate so he delegated I responded and now its on me not chuck.

FWIW licencing to multiple entities is not feasable. We have a limited number of active members who may want to buy the product. Most embroidery shops have a set up fee anywhere from $75 to $125. since we dont want to carry any inventory members will be ordering in single numbers. There is no shop out there that is going to eat a set up fee for just a few shirts. I'm sure you can picture that this is not going to be like Sporty's selling AOPA hats. We will get a flood of orders at first they they will dry up for the most part.

Last edited:
Actually folks I am meeting tomorrow with a proposed vendor. I recently obtained the right for the logo from Michael gratis. Everyone now repeat after ME THANK YOU MICHAEL.

I am hoping that tomorrow will produce a proposal for a "zero foot print" operation. I will post on what transpires at my meeting.

Recent must be defined in legal terms in this case I guess....

edit: and Woohoo. Everyone here can buy shirts....maybe....if tomorrow goes right.

edit2: Thanks Michael!

Last edited:
Thanks, Michael.

Recent must be defined in legal terms in this case I guess....

edit: and Woohoo. Everyone here can buy shirts....maybe....if tomorrow goes right.

Nick recent as in a few weeks ago when I saw Michael here in PA. As for Pro bono legal time frame for a non critical matter well it is what it is. I can't post my docket calander for you So you will just have to belive me that my day starts with my first meeting at 7AM and if I get home to see my family before my daughter and wife for that matter gets to sleep I'm a damn luck man. today I got lucky and got home around 8:45 or so, I jump on the board and then it will be back off to work to prepare for my meetings that begin at 7:00AM and finish at 9:00 PM tomorrow straight through with my only break being a Court Appearance at 1:30PM. Luckily the meeting at 7:00 will be attended by the rep from the embroidery shop because frankly thats the ONLY time I have open in the day and the rep just couldn't get out for a meeting at 6:30 AM and frankly why would she.

Nick recent as in a few weeks ago when I saw Michael here in PA. As for Pro bono legal time frame for a non critical matter well it is what it is. I can't post my docket calander for you So you will just have to belive me that my day starts with my first meeting at 7AM and if I get home to see my family before my daughter and wife for that matter gets to sleep I'm a damn luck man. today I got lucky and got home around 8:45 or so, I jump on the board and then it will be back off to work to prepare for my meetings that begin at 7:00AM and finish at 9:00 PM tomorrow straight through with my only break being a Court Appearance at 1:30PM. Luckily the meeting at 7:00 will be attended by the rep from the embroidery shop because frankly thats the ONLY time I have open in the day and the rep just couldn't get out for a meeting at 6:30 AM and frankly why would she.

You're taking my post too seriously. It was a bit of a joke, referring to the post about a year ago or so where Michael said something like "its yours" to Chuck.

Laws....on the internets. Very important.

edit: The exact quote was "I dont recall either Chuck. But concider it yours."

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation Nick. I'm just a bit touchy today. This week and last was non stop up to my gills. Breath in Breath out.

Edit: Lance, with all due respect if your gonna get miffed with someone get miffed with me. I told Chuck to put this on me and so it is. We are all volunteers and trying to balance this with our own professional obligations. chuck has enough on his plate so he delegated I responded and now its on me not chuck.

I'm not miffed at anybody and never said I was. Since I've never met Jesse, I don't matter anyway:) . I only felt, as have many (most?) others have, that an incredible mountain has been made of a molehill.
I respect your professional schedule, but why should a 16 hour day attorney be needed to work on a few polo shirts anyway? Jesse took some initiative to break a 2 year logjam. I didn't happen to see the big deal about letting him run with it.

I'm not miffed at anybody and never said I was. Since I've never met Jesse, I don't matter anyway:) . I only felt, as have many (most?) others have, that an incredible mountain has been made of a molehill.
I respect your professional schedule, but why should a 16 hour day attorney be needed to work on a few polo shirts anyway? Jesse took some initiative to break a 2 year logjam. I didn't happen to see the big deal about letting him run with it.

The answer is twofold: 1) It was Jesse. 2) It wasn't PoA's idea.

edit: 3) Lawsuits really happen on the internet, I swear it!

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure I met you at Gastons last year--I must not of had must of a lasting impression :) I recall you wearing a polo shirt with a Mooney logo on it...Am I right?

I'm pretty sure I met you at Gastons last year--I must not of had must of a lasting impression :) I recall you wearing a polo shirt with a Mooney logo on it...Am I right?
Oops, you're right. Sorry. In this dogfight, though, I'm pretty sure I still don't matter. And I swear it was a Mooney authorized polo shirt.

Oops, you're right. Sorry. In this dogfight, though, I'm pretty sure I still don't matter. And I swear it was a Mooney authorized polo shirt.

I wonder how long it took Mooney to "authorize" those shirts?:D

I'm wondering how long it will take Raytheon to sue POA for the unauthorized use of the King Air image....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (stir stir stir...)

Hey Henning, where are you today? Folks were asking about you on the red board yesterday. Busy running boats north?

Just got home to Ft Lauderdale. Took a beating on the last trip... Good to be home.

Hey, Henning: I just bought a house in Georgetown, just a couple miles from Robinhood Marine Center/Marina, where......

"Andy Vavolotis, who ran Cape Dory for about 28 years, is still building sailboats in Robinhood, Maine as Robinhood Marine using the molds from the Cape Dory 36, 40 and 45, and the 33 powerboat."

Y'all come up and visit. I'll be moving, over a couple month period, starting June 01.

HR

Management council decided that they would rather have Michael provide the shirts and I am still unauthorized to do so. Hopefully these shirts are available soon considering how I would of had them in peoples hands weeks ago and had already had all the logistics figured out including the artwork submitted to vendor.

As the subject matter has been decided, there is no reason for this poll to remain open.

I have to say, thank god. I was getting tired of seeing this post go back to the top of new posts every day because people were still voting.

I have to say, thank god. I was getting tired of seeing this post go back to the top of new posts every day because people were still voting.

I agree, this whole fixation with clothing makes me want to run around nekkid. :D:no::goofy::hairraise:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back