Plexus Shortage

I got a partial can I would sell for the right money…lol kidding.
Been using dam for a few years now. Buy it in gallon jugs, not sure if it is cheaper?

Go to your local motorcycle dealer and pickup a can of "Honda: Spray Cleaner & Polish" or "Original Bike Spirits: Spray Cleaner & Polish".

Yes it's a thing. I asked all of the suppliers about it at Oshkosh. They all said, "yeah, we don't have any." No explanation.

Novus works well. A lot of things work well enough. Honestly, I use distilled water more than anything these days.

And before anyone brings it up: I for one am not going to use Lemon Pledge!

Can't solve the Plexus problem, but I like this better anyway.

The thing I like about Plexus is how it sheds water including light mist. It's better than anything else I've tried. There's more to cleaning the windscreen than just cleaning it.

Are we talking the same stuff here? There is plenty of this to be had

To me, PLexus is a multi-material adhesive..

MA300-050ml-cartridge_nozzle-NT_1024x1024@2x.jpg

The thing I like about Plexus is how it sheds water including light mist. It's better than anything else I've tried. There's more to cleaning the windscreen than just cleaning it.
Same. Nothing else I've tried comes close. I haven't tried "eyes outside" yet, though. I should've picked some up at Oshkosh, but I have 3 cans of plexus which probably a ten year supply.

In the way back Usenet days we used lemon pledge. I can’t remember why that was bad?

Because about 20 years ago they changed the formula? It used to be citrus and carnauba. These days the MSDS says the primary component is silicone oil.

Spoke to the Owner of the company yesterday (Blake). He said it's a combination of things. One is a supply chain issue for one of the chemicals in the blend. The second is the "contract fill company." They were bought out and that has contributed to the problem. They are working hard to get all of that resolved. He said it will likely be 14-18 weeks before it will be back on the market. I forgot the number he gave me, but the back log is pretty substantial. He also said that he has no control over the elevated prices from companies like Amazon.

So when it comes back, it'll be $30/ can...

I managed to find some at a John Deere dealer in Oregon. I was told 3-4 months to get the supply back. West Marine also has some for $45 per 13oz can.

1694267633134.jpeg
This is good stuff. A case of 12 / $120 with free shipping EBay. But honestly I just use some automotive wash/wax product and water.

Last edited:
Apparently it's a thing. Can't find it anywhere. I'll swap a Champion oil filter for a 13 oz can of Plexus. :cool:
PM me I will give you a can, I bought two cases a few years back, I might want to talk to you about your business, you can fly in to my place and pick it up since you are very close by.

I had never heard the "supply chain" excuse prior to 3 years ago. Now it's become default whether accurate or not.
Problem is, many companies converted to JIT (Just in Time) inventory.

So if you use X widgets per day, you place orders to deliver X widgets per day. No cost of things sitting on the shelf, no cost for the shelf.

Works GREAT, until it DOESN'T. ONE item being late, shuts down the whole line.

COVID caused some things to become short supply, so things ground to a halt

Try Sprayway. It’s at least equal to Plexus and far less expensive. They have it at Home Depot and Walmart.
relevant discussion

I had never heard the "supply chain" excuse prior to 3 years ago. Now it's become default whether accurate or not.
There have always been supply chain problems. But prior to COVID, one couldn’t assume consumers understood that term. Now it’s in general use.

That said, I know of vendors blaming supply chain for discontinuing lower margin products… keeps customers from arguing, apparently. Honesty cannot be assumed.

Paul

There have always been supply chain problems. But prior to COVID, one couldn’t assume consumers understood that term. Now it’s in general use.

That said, I know of vendors blaming supply chain for discontinuing lower margin products… keeps customers from arguing, apparently. Honesty cannot be assumed.

Paul
I have vendors where it was an extreme rarity I had to wait more than a day or two. Now it's common to have to wait 2 weeks for what used to be ordered at 4pm and at my door ready to unload the truck at 6am.

We used to call it backordered. Not it's supply chain issues.

Some of it might actually be supply chain. But from the salesmen I've talked to, they will eventually let the cat out of the bag and it's usually an internal labor issue. It really feels like a huge part of the labor force never came back. Went to Red lobster last week. Half the tables were empty. But a 45 minute wait. Didn't have staff to serve people.

It really feels like a huge part of the labor force never came back. Went to Red lobster last week. Half the tables were empty. But a 45 minute wait. Didn't have staff to serve people.
Unemployment rate is at record lows. Employment rate is back to where it was pre-pandemic. It isn't that a huge part of the labor force didn't come back. It's that they got better jobs by shopping around after the pandemic.

1694559551182.png

Unemployment rate is at record lows. Employment rate is back to where it was pre-pandemic. It isn't that a huge part of the labor force didn't come back. It's that they got better jobs by shopping around after the pandemic.

View attachment 120555

the graph must have gotten cut off. I see no indication anywhere on what you posted where someone got a better (or worse) job. can you please point out where on the graph it backs up your statement?

the graph must have gotten cut off. I see no indication anywhere on what you posted where someone got a better (or worse) job. can you please point out where on the graph it backs up your statement?
It was an inference. If unemployment is at record lows and employment is at typical highs then the fact that people are having trouble hiring for places like "Red Lobster" isn't because "people don't want to work". They just want to work somewhere better.

It's well known that Plexus is made with naturally-harvested unicorn semen.

It's not well-known how hard the Unicorn farms have been hit with Covid, as the handlers have been quietly-quitting.
What’s more, Gen Z Unicorns appear to be uninterested in the collection process.

Back