Plexus Shortage

Unemployment rate is at record lows. Employment rate is back to where it was pre-pandemic. It isn't that a huge part of the labor force didn't come back. It's that they got better jobs by shopping around after the pandemic.

View attachment 120555

The employment rate shows percentage of the labor force that is working. It does not reflect that the labor force itself has shrunk. People have left the workforce for a variety of reasons, including retirements (the boomers are aging out). Some people are simply deciding not to work.

Yup, just looking at percentages is only part of the story

Gov also plays with the numbers. Like "hard core unemployable" not be counted. In some counts, does not count people who are not looking for a job.

Have adopted 210 cleaner. 1/3 the cost and about 85% of the performance. May never go back after decades of Plexus.

Another plexus to 210 convert here. Seems a bit thicker but once wiped off seems no different than Plexus. Almost smells as good.

The employment rate shows percentage of the labor force that is working. It does not reflect that the labor force itself has shrunk. People have left the workforce for a variety of reasons, including retirements (the boomers are aging out). Some people are simply deciding not to work.
The labor force hasn't shrunk. It's the biggest it's ever been.

1695048638996.png

I wonder if there is a commensurate 5% increase in available gooberment services and handouts to go with that chart above. It didn't get a mention in the article.

Guess it depends on where you look ...

View attachment 120691

Numbers don't tell the whole story, either.

I'm one of the Boomers that exited. Retired at age 59 about 3 years ago. Many of my peers have been leaving, but most of the company's hiring has been new grads up to folks with 5, maybe 10, years of experience. A newbie engineer is simply not a replacement for someone with 30 or 40 years of experience, and that's not reflected on these graphs. The "brain drain" in tech fields is real and has a significant impact.

Numbers don't tell the whole story, either.

I'm one of the Boomers that exited. Retired at age 59 about 3 years ago. Many of my peers have been leaving, but most of the company's hiring has been new grads up to folks with 5, maybe 10, years of experience. A newbie engineer is simply not a replacement for someone with 30 or 40 years of experience, and that's not reflected on these graphs. The "brain drain" in tech fields is real and has a significant impact.

(I retired at 58 in 2017)

The reply to that is that the new guys have knowledge of the new cool current tech more so than us old fossils.

The reply to that is that the new guys have knowledge of the new cool current tech more so than us old fossils.

Hah!

The fossils are the ones who’ve been inventing all the cool new stuff for the last few decades!
:biggrin:

Back