Please help! I graciously ask for this community to consider me as a brother who is asking for help!

I looked for him on social media.
Post in 2016 about being back and how Prison is a mutha or something to that extent.
Maybe he was talking about a friend but I suspect he has a lot more to overcome than we know.

...and I almost dropped a couple Ben’s into his go fund account. o_O

Not....;)
I’m glad you didn’t because it was never about finances. It has always been about seeing past a man troubles when he is putting his best foot forward. This has always been about education and learning from those who have gone through what I’m trying. I get it it easier to say how a person is than to watch him grow. I almost cried seeing you didn’t put anything in my gofundme.

Not.....✌️
The reality of this all is people are really struggling to become a most productive person through the hard stuff that they walked through. I needed to see a community and how to proceed. So with that said, thank you to those who have not believed but wants every aspect of progress. Thank you to those who can only see a process instead of a person who is willing to go the mile. We all have a price to pay for the dreams we strive for. I just have to start lower than others. But it’s a start.

Post in 2016 about being back and how Prison is a mutha or something to that extent.
Maybe he was talking about a friend but I suspect he has a lot more to overcome than we know.
Don’t know about being back in prison since this has been only since 2007. But if you looked me up then you know how honest and a person through integrity is how I’m living now so don’t just one side tell about it all. But thank you no nothing to overcome but me living s life of integrity and my part in this world.

Tyrease - there are unlimited ways to make a living and a few ways into the air. Don't give up on life.

My dream was to be a corporate pilot and I worked nights and weekends to pay for my privates license (it's a lot easier when you live with mom & dad and they're able to put food on the table etc.).

I'm not comparing your challenges to mine as they are different.

What I'm saying is . . . I'm an accountant. Flying didn't work out. Today I have no medical. I'm looking into gliders and light sport to get in the air. I've looked at powered parachutes too.

BUT there are other ways to make an honest living and keep improving yourself and moving forward.

Aviation isn't your only answer.

If you qualified for assistance and scholarships to seek flight training, I bet you would also get them for a 4-yr college seeking a computer programming/coding degree etc. or a trade (where there is a shortage) and you can eventually set your own hours as a plumber, electrician etc.

Forward and upward.

Don't go into debt, Tyrease.

For those already with lots of money, training in aviation still takes time and effort. For those without, it will take more of both.
Buried amongst the speculation, there has been a lot of good advice on this thread.

I saw that, and more...even IDOC (Idaho department of corrections) seems to disagree with "2007".

I’m glad you didn’t because it was never about finances. It has always been about seeing past a man troubles when he is putting his best foot forward. This has always been about education and learning from those who have gone through what I’m trying. I get it it easier to say how a person is than to watch him grow. I almost cried seeing you didn’t put anything in my gofundme.

Not.....✌️
The reality of this all is people are really struggling to become a most productive person through the hard stuff that they walked through. I needed to see a community and how to proceed. So with that said, thank you to those who have not believed but wants every aspect of progress. Thank you to those who can only see a process instead of a person who is willing to go the mile. We all have a price to pay for the dreams we strive for. I just have to start lower than others. But it’s a start.
Tyrease, I hope you don't take this in the wrong way, but you made two critical mistakes on this forum and the Internet in general.
1. You disclosed way too much personal information to thousands of strangers who knew nothing about you or your past.

2. You say that it has never been about finances/money, but you initially asked strangers to fund your "dream". Someone said that's the equivalent of standing on the corner with a sign and they're right. You put yourself out there and made yourself vulnerable to scrutiny. Then you continue to seek forgiveness from people who have no idea what your original sins even were, nor is it anyone's business. You make yourself look feeble and weak as a man!

Some say don't go into debt, I say don't get "buried" by excessive debt that you're unable to recover from. Sometimes you have to go into debt for things you desire.

But as I've said before, in my opinion, you have your priorities mixed up. You need a better plan. You have no home, and no stable income. These things need to be addressed first. Then you can pursue your dreams/desires. I would have loved to be a professional pilot (particularly military) but that just didn't work out for me. I went on to learn a skilled trade (electrician). Industrial electrician and for the past 18 years I've worked as a 'Systems Controller' with high-tension equipment. So, although I'm not making a living as a pro pilot, I'm fortunate to have found a way to finance my dream and at least become a Private pilot.

Last point is something you've mentioned about never being in a cockpit. How do you know you will like the experience of being in a small airplane? I flew flight simulators for sixteen years before taking my first flight lesson. I had no clue how bumpy it is in a small plane, due to thermals/turbulence! There's no way you can know that from a PC flight simulator/game. Turbulence was a real eye opener for me! Took me awhile to get comfortable enough to concentrate on the flight lesson and not so much the turbulence.

This is why Discovery Flights are a great way to "discover" if flying is something you like.

Stay strong,
We're all in your corner and wish you the best.

Last edited:

But as I've said before, in my opinion, you have your priorities mixed up. You need a better plan. You have no home, and no stable income. These things need to be addressed first. Then you can pursue your dreams/desires.

:yeahthat:

Spot on!

Tyrease, probably the most important single factor in being a good, safe pilot is the ability to make good decisions. To think through a situation, compare known facts, probabilities, and potential outcomes and decide upon the best course of action.

If you're serious about flying, that sort of decision making starts right now. Choose wisely.

Tyrease, welcome back, ignore the ballbusting here and cull out the good info. Becoming a professional pilot is a difficult thing that requires perseverance. Your background makes it much more difficult but probably not impossible. Just remember in anything you do from this point forward..... talk is cheap, action speaks volumes. Be smart, be persistent, seek out help and advice as needed. I think you should take up Redtail on his offer to do a discovery flight. It will get you in front of pilots, show you are sincere about this and may help you find a mentor, which I think you need to make this dream a reality.

Jesus this thread was ridiculous. I'll never get that time back.
Welcome to PoA.... where often threads that start with seemingly innocent requests eventually run off the rails into ridiculousness once the real facts have been eeked out of the OP.

Welcome to PoA.... where often threads that start with seemingly innocent requests eventually run off the rails into ridiculousness once the real facts have been eeked out of the OP.

I mean, go and get a job as a Floorhand in West Texas. Two hitches (2 weeks working) you'll have 8k, maybe more. They hire people with questionable backgrounds. Hardest work he'd ever do, but two weeks on/off -- save -- you'd pay for everything you need in no time -- including flight training with the time to actually be able to do it. What a fruitloop, gives us Millennials a good name.

redtail said:
But as I've said before, in my opinion, you have your priorities mixed up. You need a better plan. You have no home, and no stable income. These things need to be addressed first. Then you can pursue your dreams/desires.
including backup alternative plans b, c etc, all eggs in one basket is always edgy

Another I hear often, My (insert vehicle here) broke down, stolen, wrecked and I am trying to get money for a bus ticket to go home. I am 16 dollars short of (insert price here). Can you help me.?? (a ploy to get a 20 from you)

Oooh. Let me fill in the blanks:

My Cessna broke down, and I am trying to get a new Gill battery so I can go home. I'm only $45.00 short of the $229.00 I need to get a new G-35 from Aircraft Spruce. Can you help me?

Last edited:
Wonder what happened to the fella...bless his soul.

might surprise us all one day,

don king had some issues early on

The second one is a strange campaign. Tyrease himself and one other person donated $5 each to the campaign to in some way vaguely fight addiction and homelessness.

Maybe the brother thing is legit

The second one is a strange campaign. Tyrease himself and one other person donated $5 each to the campaign to in some way vaguely fight addiction and homelessness.
That sort of sounds like the garage sales in my neighborhood. The same $20 bill simply works it's way around.

Or maybe he is out there making it work and dont have time for us...Its possible

Possible, but highly doubtful. This is a person that wants to live off the goodness of the gullible.

Someone told him pilots are rich and generous so he came here to get his money. It didn't happen so he moved on.

Maybe the brother thing is legit

Well, there is a 39 year old apparent brother, Jarvis Laumont Phillips. A sample of his criminal record:
Sex Offend/Fln Failure to Reg | Theft 3 Nov 2013
Other Felony, Robbery 1, Possess Stolen Property Aug 1998
Possess Stolen Property 1st Deg Feb 2007
Child Molestation 1st Degree Aug 1998
Assault in The Second Degree May 1999

For Tyrease himself (who is 3 years older than his brother), a sample of the apparent criminal record, in addition to that noted previously in this thread:
Theft 3 | Assault 4th Degree July 2007
Assault 4th Degree Jan 1999
Criminal Trespass - 2nd Degree | Disorderly Conduct Jan 2000
Forgery Dec 1999

turned out a bridge too far & realities,

woulda been interesting what next without the med complications, that mighta come down to a wrong answer here, on one question..

a med issue can be a sudden major bummer for anyone

Last edited:
Back