Plane you are happiest to have gotten to fly..

The mighty Douglas Skyraider ...aka AD-6/7 ...aka A-1H/J ...aka the "Spad".

2700HP Wright Cyclone 18 up front ...lockable tail wheel in the rear.

Twice the fun of the T-28.

The mighty Douglas Skyraider ...aka AD-6/7 ...aka A-1H/J ...aka the "Spad".

2700HP Wright Cyclone 18 up front ...lockable tail wheel in the rear.

Twice the fun of the T-28.

Awesome. Not to mention versatile:

toilet1a.jpg

Next time I get to fly my airplane. Between weather and work, no flying for over 2 weeks, no XC for 6 weeks. Not good for me, not good for engine.

From my professional life, this is the most fun you can have wearing polyester pants and a zip-up tie. Was honored to get about 3000hrs in the left seat of this badboy.

dojeets_zpsa569b17f.jpg

fly with many ACA guys ..great to fly with. :yes:

fly with many ACA guys ..great to fly with. :yes:

Yeah we're pretty awesome I have to say. :D

In all seriousness there were a great group of guys and gals there, especially on the Delta side. Had a great time on the Dojet while it lasted.

This is the plane that made me happiest to be able to fly. True, I was only the co-pilot, and, yes, it was for only 0.3 hours, but it was the last of its kind, and no one will ever get to do it again. :no:

74079-c-mats-constellation.jpg

This is the plane that made me happiest to be able to fly. True, I was only the co-pilot, and, yes, it was for only 0.3 hours, but it was the last of its kind, and no one will ever get to do it again. :no:
[/IMG]

:confused: Last flying Connie? Last MATS Connie?

Jay,

Sorry to take the distinction away, but Lufthansa is currently restoring a Connie to flying condition... I can't wait to see it! :)

Cessna 180J Skywagon

A 180 or 185 will be my next airplane.

Zlin 242L

Need more info. I've always liked these planes, and wish there was one around to fly.

Any details you can provide that would enable me to live vicariously would be appreciated. :D

Jay,

Sorry to take the distinction away, but Lufthansa is currently restoring a Connie to flying condition... I can't wait to see it! :)

Good to hear. When the Save-A-Connie Constellation was retired to the Airline History Museum in Kansas City, and the MATS Connie was bought by Korean Airlines and mounted on a big stick, I thought for sure it was the end of the line for those beautiful airliners.

One flying is better than none.

Back