Plane Crash in CT - intentional?

Amazing how quick folks are to believe someone offer them self.

I've joked with my friends and family about that, if you ever hear I committed suicide, grab a shot gun and find the SOB that killed me lol

The guy in your avatar doesn't seem that life-loving.

I can really sympathize with someone that wants/wanted to kill themselves but why bring someone into it as well?

I love how the media finds a way to pat themselves on the back despite a tragedy. The "we were right all along" bit was tacky as hell.

I'm still not 100% on this version of the story. All we have is the word of that instructor and, while I initially believed him... why would you lie about that?... I then started learning more about that school. The place apparently has a reputation for being super shady and the planes in terrible condition. And then, just last month, a similar accident happened in another plane rented from that flight school... one guy lived, one died.

Something just seems off there, but who knows.

I thought a CFIs job was to successfully prevent a student from killing him or themselves.

I thought a CFIs job was to successfully prevent a student from killing him or themselves.

Uh..no. A CFI is not a medical professional. They are there to teach you how to become proficient at flying. Someone motivated enough will find a way to kill themself. This CFI probably should have been a bit more aware of the student's state of mind before stepping into the aircraft.

Uh..no. A CFI is not a medical professional. They are there to teach you how to become proficient at flying. Someone motivated enough will find a way to kill themself. This CFI probably should have been a bit more aware of the student's state of mind before stepping into the aircraft.
That wooshing sound you hear is not an airplane.

I'm still not 100% on this version of the story. All we have is the word of that instructor and, while I initially believed him... why would you lie about that?... I then started learning more about that school. The place apparently has a reputation for being super shady and the planes in terrible condition. And then, just last month, a similar accident happened in another plane rented from that flight school... one guy lived, one died.

Something just seems off there, but who knows.
yup, dead men tell no tales.

Back