Pittsburgh anat

Pghsteel

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Steel
Anybody from or near the Pittsburgh area?

Only Pittsburgh people will get the Anat thing.

I'm sitting in Wexford typing this. Go Pittsburgh! I fly out of Zelienople and Butler.

Fly into Pitt a minimum of once a quarter, usually twice. Stay in Altoona for a week each time, have been doing it for 3+ years. I guess I'm not there enough to get the Anat thing though.

Which airport do you use for Altoona? I'd be planning to stay for a few days.

Fly into Pitt a minimum of once a quarter, usually twice. Stay in Altoona for a week each time, have been doing it for 3+ years. I guess I'm not there enough to get the Anat thing though.

Normally I drive from Pittsburgh (roughly 1:45-2hrs). However, they have a commuter flight (Sun Air) that runs a few times each day between KPIT and KAOO for something like $40 each way. Flights into State College (KUNV) are pretty convenient for me as well. I'm always running commercial airlines on this trip because it's quite a haul from Tulsa, OK to PA, not to mention the weather being dicey in the winter/spring.

Last edited:
I'd be flying and parking a 182. June or July would be most likely times.

Normally I drive from Pittsburgh (roughly 1:45-2hrs). However, they have a commuter flight that runs a few times each day between KPIT and KAOO for something like $75 each way. Flights into State College (KUNV) are pretty convenient for me as well. I'm always running commercial airlines on this trip because it's quite a haul from Tulsa, OK to PA, not to mention the weather being dicey in the winter/spring.

Ahh, well then I'd say KAOO, with KUNV a close second if you're going to Altoona. Both airports have decent services, operate airlines daily, and are almost equidistant from Altoona proper, with KAOO being slightly closer but not enough to really matter since it's all highway from State College. Both are fairly easy to get into, but KAOO will have some closer terrain, where KUNV is situated in a wide valley between the ranges (Happy Valley) so it pretty much lines you up with the runway. Should be no issue either way.

Thanks for checking in Yinzers.
Born and raised in da Burgh. Based out of KAGC.

I lived in the burgh for 2 years.
Got instrument rating at KAGC.

Went to school under the PIT mode C veil. Haven't been in the area since 2012, home is CXY. Always happy to be a flying buddy if someone needs one.

Back