Piper Cubs blown by the wind

iWantWings

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
wingsIwant
This video might have been posted before, bit for whoever has not seen it (like myself), it is worth watching.

I sometimes jokingly say that Piper J3 Cub flies like a kite. Now i've seen it.

Ive seen this vid before,, thought it was pretty neat,,, But
Now I call HiJinks,, those planes have pilots,, and their engines are running,, didnt notice that before..

Ive seen this vid before,, thought it was pretty neat,,, But
Now I call HiJinks,, those planes have pilots,, and their engines are running,, didnt notice that before..

What kind of hijinks? No one claimed they were not running and pilotless.

On facebook, this video circulated under the headline of pilotless planes being blown around by the wind

Saw this first hand... Totally amazed.

In KPIT several years ago at Signature (at the time), a UPS (767?) pulled up for deicing. A C152 parked directly in front of the FBO. The 767 powered up and, NO EXAGGERATION, the C152 rose up like a levitation but somehow did not move. It was odd indeed. It then rotated EXACTLY 180 degrees in the air then set down. Nobody would have ever known. The airplane was on the exact same spot only facing the other direction.
I went to the desk and insisted they contact the owner of the Cessna and tell them.

Gospel truth. I never would believe this if I didn't see it first hand.
I was looking to see if David Copperfield was around.

Saw this first hand... Totally amazed.

In KPIT several years ago at Signature (at the time), a UPS (767?) pulled up for deicing. A C152 parked directly in front of the FBO. The 767 powered up and, NO EXAGGERATION, the C152 rose up like a levitation but somehow did not move. It was odd indeed. It then rotated EXACTLY 180 degrees in the air then set down. Nobody would have ever known. The airplane was on the exact same spot only facing the other direction.
I went to the desk and insisted they contact the owner of the Cessna and tell them.

Gospel truth. I never would believe this if I didn't see it first hand.
I was looking to see if David Copperfield was around.

Ha! That's wild.

At my local airport we had winds to 50kts. There was a Cessna 150 that had the wings tied down... but not the tail: plane got flipped tail up, over the nose and landed on its top with wings still tied to the ground. I'll see if i can find a photo from the flight school.

Back