ATC: I show you over mee-se.

Ron: Over too-schay.
ATC: I show you over too-schee.

Or western Washington:

Ron: Over See-quim
ATC: I show you over squim

(it's spelled Sequim, BTW) :D

Ron Levy said:
I figure you're in the Fargo FSDO, but regardless, you're in Great Lakes Region, and region is the lowest level where there's an ATC office.

With all due respect, I've found Great Lakes Region to be the most difficult to deal with on a lot of things.

pete177 said:
While I genuinly appreciate the advise there are several reasons why I wouldnt do that. The first being that I'm not going to be flying here again....yay:) Second, if I were to remain here I would imagine that not long after that complaint an faa rep would be showing up for a ramp inspection on my airplane; not to mention the fact that the controllers would then attempt to violate me at every opportunity if for no other reason than to discredit the complaint.
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I've been a major contributor to the in-basket at the FSDO and regional ATC office on safety issues, and I'm still ramp-check-free after 36 years as a pilot. Sure, you may send up a signal, and nothing may happen, but then you've done what you can, and the rest is on someone else's head. OTOH, if you let it slide, then you must share some responsibility for the continuation of the situation.

As for the controllers, it's unlikely they'd have any idea who raised the issue, and even if they do, once the complaint is filed, any complaints THEY make about YOU are largely discredited as revenge. Anyway, if you conduct yourself according to Hoyle, they have nothing about which to complain, and that's what we've been talking about all along -- everyone playing by the rules because that makes it easier to work together (same page of the prayer book, and all that) and THAT makes it safer for everyone.

Back