Pilot Zhuang Qu learns the importance of that big watch he's wearing

Yes--fuel thieves once almost drained one of my Cherokee 140 tanks, leaving the other nearly full. The imbalance is crazy obvious.
Tim

I guess not to these other folks. My previous TIGER and the current RV get a CRAZY heavy wing if the imbalance is at 8 gallons or more, I can't imagine completely full one side and near empty on the other. They must be using auto-pilot and not realize it ...

I guess not to these other folks. My previous TIGER and the current RV get a CRAZY heavy wing if the imbalance is at 8 gallons or more, I can't imagine completely full one side and near empty on the other. They must be using auto-pilot and not realize it ...

Well, for me, I run one tank to half, run the other tank to half, switch to the aux tank in the fuselage and run it dry, then switch back to one of the wing tanks and run it dry before switching back to the remaining wing tank. So never one completely full and one completely empty wing tank. The imbalance isn’t too noticiable.

Well, except for that one time I had a leaking wing tank due to a too-long screw that a previous mechanic had installed which had worked its way into the tank and punctured it. I drained that tank completely before making the trip to see my mechanic to get it fixed. One completely full tank and one completely empty tank did cause a noticiable imbalance. He squirted some goop into the hole, and the repair has lasted 7 years so far. Removing the tank and welding it would require cutting into the wooden wing, and I really don’t want to do that...

Last edited:
..... One completely full tank and one completely empty tank did cause a noticiable imbalance. He squirted some goop into the hole, and the repair has lasted 7 years so far. Removing the tank and welding it would require cutting into the wooden wing, and I really don’t want to do that...

Glad that worked out for you ... I've always loved the SuperVikings. Watched all of Frank's videos on 160knots.com.

Back