Pilot tells controller to eff off. Called her a B

While working approach I got called a “wanker” once by an Australian F-18 exchange pilot. All because center wouldn’t give me higher than 10k. :D

I 'think' he had a stuck mic, unintentionally revealing what a dbag he is.

I 'think' he had a stuck mic, unintentionally revealing what a dbag he is.
That's sure what it sounded like. Lesson learned, always look for the Tx indicator occasionally

I hear nothing like what y'all are talking about.

It was 10 minutes in, the dimwad probably didn't realize he had a stuck mic. She brasher'd him in the blind. What happens to him next will probably depend on how he responds to the follow up.

I think the real trouble will come from the FCC. Isn’t that like a $10k fine?

I had a retired USAF Colonel dress down a ground controller for offering him taxi "instructions" - Told the kid he wasn't qualified to instruct him on how to taxi - said he was requesting a clearance to taxi, and would then decide to accept it. Or not.

Yeah, stuck mic. From flightaware It doesn't look like he actually violated the DFW Class B, so IDK what the feds will get him with...

I hear nothing like what y'all are talking about.
Listen from 7:56 to 8:03. Immediately after, the controller offers the pilot a phone number to call...

The times seem totally random on the recording. I heard the F-bomb around 11min and the phone number shortly there after.

Stuck mic, he couldn’t hear her and didn’t know he was broadcasting. Took me a little bit, but I figured out it’s not worth letting a controller under your skin at any time, get what you need and don’t take it personally.

Yeah, stuck mic. From flightaware It doesn't look like he actually violated the DFW Class B, so IDK what the feds will get him with...
Stuck mike or not, what he says after the FU is something to the effect of, "Hell no. I'm not doing that." He gets the possible pilot deviation notice immediately following that, and it my have more to do with announcing a refusal to comply with an ATC instruction, although I'm sure the language itself might be a problem as well. (Listening carefully to the exchange I think her immediately preceding instruction was to squawk VFR.)

If nothing else it's a pretty good display of an anti-authority attitude, and that's like waving a red flag in front of a bull to the FAA.

Last edited:
Pilot needs an attitude adjustment.
I found the FAA is reasonable if you make an honest mistake. This wasn’t that.

“I have no idea who that was. It certainly wasn’t me.”

The LiveAtc is weird. I found it first on 10:00 something and when I replayed it, it appears at 7:00 something.

Kind of reminds me of this, but not as colorful..

The German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are a short-tempered lot.

They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location but how to get there without any assistance from them.

So it was with some amusement that we (a PanAm 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747 (call sign "Speed bird 206") after landing: Speedbird 206: "Top of the morning Frankfurt. Speed bird 206, clear of the active runway." Ground: "Guten morgen! You will taxi to your gate!"

The big British Airways 747 pulled onto the main taxi way and slowed to a stop. Ground: "Speed bird, do you not know where you are going?" Speed bird 206: "Stand by a moment ground. I'm looking up our gate location now." Ground: With some arrogant impatience, "Speed bird 206, have you never flown to Frankfurt before?!" Speed bird 206 (cooly): "Yes, I have, in 1944... But in another type of Boeing... I didn't stop."

The LiveAtc is weird. I found it first on 10:00 something and when I replayed it, it appears at 7:00 something.

I’ve seen that behavior frequently with liveatc recordings. Fast forward/rewind completely messes up the time stamp.

I had a retired USAF Colonel dress down a ground controller for offering him taxi "instructions" - Told the kid he wasn't qualified to instruct him on how to taxi - said he was requesting a clearance to taxi, and would then decide to accept it. Or not.
Sounds like a really nice guy.

As a CFI he was gifted - I was afraid to make a mistake. . .

Stuck mike or not, what he says after the FU is something to the effect of, "Hell no. I'm not doing that." He gets the possible pilot deviation notice immediately following that, and it my have more to do with announcing a refusal to comply with an ATC instruction, although I'm sure the language itself might be a problem as well. (Listening carefully to the exchange I think her immediately preceding instruction was to squawk VFR.)

If nothing else it's a pretty good display of an anti-authority attitude, and that's like waving a red flag in front of a bull to the FAA.

Agreed, I'm not questioning that he will be sanctioned by the FAA, I just don't know what they will come up with...

Back