Pigpen’s new Bonanza

pigpenracing

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
pigpen
I have been trying to buy this thing since the owner died in 2014.... I stayed on the non pilot guy that inherited it. He lived out of state and knew nothing about a airplane. It is a 1960 M35 with a IO-550 upgrade along with the 3 blade. Every D’Shannon mod! I washed off the 5 years of dust and it looks brand new. It looks like it was painted yesterday. The owner threw all his money at it before he passed away. It’s going to outrun the crap out of the V35B I have in the hangar. I hope to have it in annual soon.

My, oh my!

That is ridiculously beautiful, and I am justifiably envious of you. That rascal should run like a scalded cat!

Nice lookin’ bird! Congrats on your new acquisition!

Nice! Does that mean we'll soon be seeing a V35B in the classifieds section?

Wow. Beautiful plane. Did you post this over at Beechtalk? They'd have a cow.

Looks to be a well thought out plane

I have been trying to buy this thing since the owner died in 2014.... I stayed on the non pilot guy that inherited it. He lived out of state and knew nothing about a airplane. It is a 1960 M35 with a IO-550 upgrade along with the 3 blade. Every D’Shannon mod! I washed off the 5 years of dust and it looks brand new. It looks like it was painted yesterday. The owner threw all his money at it before he passed away. It’s going to outrun the crap out of the V35B I have in the hangar. I hope to have it in annual soon.
CONGRATS!!! Looks great!!!!

Wow! Plane like that should be in the air, not collecting dust. Great to hear your perseverance paid off. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's pretty, but the yoke is upside down. :)

Sweet looking ride!

I think I made a mistake listing my Pitts. I’m going to take that add down and keep it.

Well I will admit, I did find it strange that someone on the record describing long distance cross country flying as "boring" would sell the Pitts and buy a 550 fire-breather Bo. :eek:

Let's hope that five years of sitting hasn't caused too much engine corrosion.

Keep us up to date on how the annual goes. I'm kinda curious on what 5 years of sitting does to a plane.

Keep us up to date on how the annual goes. I'm kinda curious on what 5 years of sitting does to a plane.
The Skyhawk I bought had annual inspections, but no flight time beyond the run-up, for the six years before we bought it. It required a total overhaul (moisture in the oil pan nearly corroded through.) It may have been better off just sitting. But that's in the humid midwest (Cincinnati.)

That is a Beautiful Airplane.

That's a sweet looking Bo!

Back