Pictures taken from my Front Yard..

I miss walking out my front door and seeing a similar view. We lived in Anchorage for 3 years. Would love to go back!

Nice pictures,just had to turn down the A/C.

Thought I would share a couple pictures I took from the front yard today. Have a bad cold/flue and am not flying just doing chores around the house. Take Care.
Bill B

Very nice!

Here is my back yard right now.

IMG_7627.jpg
I'm only posting this because I recently moved here from the Midwest and I'm still kind of shocked at how nice winter can be while still living in a major city in the US.

That is pretty Bill!! Can I ask though. Why are your mailboxes on long, diagonal posts? Seems strange but there must be a reason.

Last edited:
Nice pictures,just had to turn down the A/C.[/QUOTE
Conserve when you can..:)
Very nice!
Here is my back yard right now.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 59660
I'm only posting this because I recently moved here from the Midwest and I'm still kind of shocked at how nice winter can be while still living in a major city in the US.
Sweet..

Beautiful Bill! Showed my wife, you ooh'd and ahh'd over them.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

THat si pretty Bill!! Can I ask though. Why are your mailboxes on long, diagonal posts? Seems strange but there must be a reason.
Mail boxes are long so snow plow does not take them out when they come by..:)

what is that big giant rock blocking your view of? I wonder if you can have that removed...

We're half-way through 4 weeks of this...

IMG_5084.JPG

That's right off the end of the condos we're staying in. It's a rough life, but someone has to do it. :)

That's right off the end of the condos we're staying in. It's a rough life, but someone has to do it. :)
Nice, bet they don't have 21 foot tide swings there like we have in AK...:)

Hope things work out and you can stop by to burn some streaks on the grill. Seaplanes just bought a PC12 to add to there fleet..:)

By the time I get my medical all the good jobs will be filled and it will be hard to find good quarters for the summer.

A PC-12 would be a good plane for Hoonah and back. Hopefully they added some more villages under the essential air services banner.

what is that big giant rock blocking your view of? I wonder if you can have that removed...

They blast them to a flat top, and use the rubble as rock accents on the luxury view condos built on the site.

Another cold weather dweller, but we ain't nearly as tough as AKBill. Our worst temps are balmy compared to Alaska.
The front porch view, looking back from the other side of the ridge, and a bit south of us.

IMG_0319.JPG IMG_0232.JPG IMG_0203.JPG

I’ll be up in Juneau a lot here in a few months Bill, and planning on moving up towards the end up the year. We need to have a beer sometime.

Yeah you guys have your beachfront and mountain views, but I have something none of you have - a scenic view of I-30. 2nd floor of 3. Surrounded by people. Yep. No jealousy here.

kaDSJLeh.jpg

I’ll be up in Juneau a lot here in a few months Bill, and planning on moving up towards the end up the year. We need to have a beer sometime.
PM me the next time you get to Juneau, if we burn a few steaks on the grill the beers will taste better:)

Yeah you guys have your beachfront and mountain views, but I have something none of you have - a scenic view of I-30. 2nd floor of 3. Surrounded by people. Yep. No jealousy here.

kaDSJLeh.jpg
@overdrive148 , at least you haven't lost you sense humor..:)

That first one makes me want to hit the slopes!

Unlike some other parts of NA the snow has been outstanding up here this winter. Big Mountain in Whitefish, MO has been getting repeated snowfalls all winter. Further north, the ski hills in Banff got dumped on again this week. I made a trek to do some backcountry at Hidden Bowl last week and it was almost waist deep powder.

Unlike some other parts of NA the snow has been outstanding up here this winter. Big Mountain in Whitefish, MO has been getting repeated snowfalls all winter. Further north, the ski hills in Banff got dumped on again this week. I made a trek to do some backcountry at Hidden Bowl last week and it was almost waist deep powder.
They moved whitefish to Missouri? Can’t blame them much but howddedodat?

LOL. Nice catch. One of my crews is rigging in a job at Lebanon, Missouri this morning and I've been typing "MO" in emails this past week. That's my only and best excuse, bad as it is. :)

And they did have snow there about 10 days ago. :eek:

You mean they dint move whitefish to Missouri? :(

That is pretty Bill!! Can I ask though. Why are your mailboxes on long, diagonal posts? Seems strange but there must be a reason.

Virtually all the residential streets in Juneau have a culvert along the side rather than curb and gutter. Juneau sees lots of rain in the summer but has almost no underground drainage. The long arm reaches over the culvert so the letter carrier has access from the street.

I'm going to miss flying there this year after 6 yrs of 135 flying in SE Alaska. Zeldman knows what I'm talking about. I'll be back soon enough though.

Thought I would share a couple pictures I took from the front yard today. Have a bad cold/flue and am not flying just doing chores around the house. Take Care.
Bill B
Nice pictures. Jealous!
And if you have a flue, I sure hope it's open so that you don't get smoke in the house!! :D

Just yesterday, I sent a picture to my NY friend of me in short-sleeve attire and with a cold beer in hand on our back deck. He did not appreciate it. Yes, I am an azz, I know. :)

Back