Picked My Headset

Lots of people post links to other sites. Not sure why it matters if it is your own site or someone else's.

It's the difference between "look at this cool thing I found and want you to look at" and "look at this cool thing I made and want you to look at". One is communal, the other is self-promotion.

They've been fantastic. Sure, the mic needs to be close to your mouth...no biggie; that's why it's mounted on an adjustable arm. I had a Bose headset before, but I returned it because the engine noise that came through the ANR was rather metallic sounding. Not a fan. The Faro was a lot better to my ear.
I’ve also been quite pleased with the Faro ANRs. I have the mic at the same place as all headsets I’ve used. I’m not having to repeat myself. Battery life is 10 hours unless you let them freeze.

QT halos for me. David Clarks for passengers.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have yet to see Halos being actually available for sale - been to their site dozen or so times and no luck.
Not sure what kind of business this guy is running but it sure ain’t selling headsets.

I have yet to see Halos being actually available for sale - been to their site dozen or so times and no luck.
Not sure what kind of business this guy is running but it sure ain’t selling headsets.

He is a full time ear doctor that builds headsets in his spare time. Send him a email and he will hook you up. I highly recommend you spend a few extra bucks and get the Clarity Aloft.

I like that the QT Halos have the speaker in the back and use sound tubes instead of ear buds. And the price can't be beat.

You gotta email him. He'll email you when the next batch are ready. The website said batches were available every few months... I got a set and the batches were only two weeks apart. Again, email to be put on the standby list and be ready to pull the trigger when he lets you know.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm using an ANR headset from Gulf Coast Avionics. The same headset is available from other shops with different badging.
https://www.gulfcoastavionics.com/products/3583-gca-anr.aspx
I picked it up at SNF last year, on sale for ~$200. I find it comfortable and the sound is good. It has a jack for a cellphone (I don't really want Bluetooth), but I don't usually use it. For the price it's hard to beat if you want a decent ANR unit.

BTW - the comfort of over-the-ear headsets can be improved significantly with a set of cloth earpiece covers. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/cata...MI8szYuuKB4AIVBq_ICh2W8AKbEAYYCSABEgJSsfD_BwE

Back