Photos, etc. from Gaston's

Ken Ibold said:
Here are some of mine, downsized to be more web friendly ...

Ken,

Thanks for posting that! I was gonna hit you up for a copy anyway, I saw you on the side of the runway with your camera. Great picture! :yes:

Ken,

I see you are from the Madison, Wi. area. Do you happen to know a Tom Thomas the is a pilot and lives in Madison?

Bob Bement said:
Kent,

I see you are from the Madison, Wi. area. Do you happen to know a Tom Thomas the is a pilot and lives in Madison?

Hmmm... Sounds kinda familiar. MSN, C29 or 87Y and what does he fly?

OK, we'll see how this works.........

I've posted my Gaston's photos here:
http://www.eaa732.org/aopa/display_gallery.asp

When you click on a thumbnail photo you'll get a larger image with caption. From there, you can move forward/backward through the photos. You can also see the original large format image.

Apologies in advance if I got any names wrong. Let me know via e-mail and I'll make corrections.

If you have lots of photos you'd like to upload to this site, drop me an e-mail. Diana is working on hers and I'm expecting a CD from Lance so his will be up pretty soon. Check back for updates.

What a great set of pictures Chip. I am sorry I said all of those thing to Ken now.:eek:

Kent, I think a 172 Cessna, A club plane I think. He works for the FFA I believe.

Good Job Diana, You and Chip got some fine photos. I can't wait for the next get together. I would even consider returning to Gastons another year. I don't mind the long cross country.:goofy:

Ken Ibold said:
Here are some of mine, downsized to be more web friendly ...
Ken, I think your photo of the perspective from the tail of the Champ has to be the best of all the photos I've seen so far. Magazine worthy. :)

Bob Bement said:
Kent, I think a 172 Cessna, A club plane I think. He works for the FFA I believe.

Hmmm... That'd be either Badgerland or UW. I'm pretty sure I'd know him if I saw him (including smack to head with "Duh!") because the name does sound quite familiar.

Think of them as Zen photos. You must visualize the fog in your imagination. :goofy:

Thanks for getting this together. Great job on the video...I really liked the musical choice. Who was that? (Mike Aldrige?) For those of us that couldn't attend, it is nice to see others having a great time. Maybe next time...or if we can get a NW location?

David

drhunt said:
Thanks for getting this together. Great job on the video...I really liked the musical choice. Who was that? (Mike Aldrige?) For those of us that couldn't attend, it is nice to see others having a great time. Maybe next time...or if we can get a NW location?
David

Yea, I should have put that in the movie credits but I forgot.....
gibbons said:
I forgot to put on the video the music is by Strength In Numbers from the Telluride Sessions CD - The cut is called "Future Man".

Steve said:
I'd enjoy a different location (not that I'd ever get tired of going to 3M0) that was a bit of a challenge to get to, but not so much that aircraft with lower performance numbers are excluded. It would have to match Gaston's in conveniences for fly-in guests, too.

Someone head up a search committee and present the results to the congregation.

Kentucky's got a couple of airports at state parks. At least one of them has a lodge and golf course. They'll pick you up and drop you off. I think one also has a lodge in walking distance, but I'll need to check my notes.

Thanks. Great stuff! Quite a musical range between Johnny Lang, Strength in Numbers & Ed Fred's Satriani cut on his video...keep it coming! Oh yeah, the flying's good too ;)

Wonderful photos, thanks to everyone who posted them.

I'm probably going to get myself in trouble by singling out one plane ..... but Greg Bockelman's 190/195 is just BEAUTIFUL! May I put myself on the list for the first ride next year?
Elizabeth

EHITCH said:

I'm probably going to get myself in trouble by singling out one plane ..... but Greg Bockelman's 190/195 is just BEAUTIFUL! May I put myself on the list for the first ride next year?
Elizabeth
Next year, Elizabeth, you're going to fly yourself in!

Only a couple more days now.......:)

EHITCH said:

Elizabeth

Elizebeth, Greg might just trade planes with me :) So if i end up with the 190/5 you still want a ride? :hairraise:
Maybe by then i will learn how not to ground loop.

Michael

Ken Ibold said:
I'm sure you won't have a problem. Greg's a sucker for a pretty face.

Why thank you, Ken! And Michael, work on those ground loops and you've got a deal.
Toby, I'm in a state of controlled hysteria. Chanting the Rev. Levy mantra ("relax. relax. relax") and "trying to be the plane." 'Course Pete would remind me, "there is no try, there is just do."
Now, who'd like to discuss frontal discontinuities? Always a thrilling topic. My break is over, bye!
E

EHITCH said:
Now, who'd like to discuss frontal discontinuities? Always a thrilling topic.

Wait a minute...wasn't it just the other day you were asking about occluded fronts? Anyway, hats off to you for taking an interest in the wx.

Richard said:
Wait a minute...wasn't it just the other day you were asking about occluded fronts? Anyway, hats off to you for taking an interest in the wx.

Occluded fronts ... I think that must have been the other Elizabeth (Anderson). I am very interested in wx ... and would like to take more courses in it -- but my particular interest at this moment is driven by the knowledge that one particular DE is very interested in wx.
Elizabeth Hitchcock

N2212R said:
You aren't kidding. You are on blind final in the Extra! :hairraise:

I suspect that from the front seat it isn't that bad. The camera seems to be mounted pretty low on the panel. Sitting in the seat, I bet it is better than what we saw. The back seat, however, is probably pretty blind. Where do you fly it from, Chip?

Greg Bockelman said:
I suspect that from the front seat it isn't that bad. The camera seems to be mounted pretty low on the panel. Sitting in the seat, I bet it is better than what we saw. The back seat, however, is probably pretty blind. Where do you fly it from, Chip?
From the back seat. It's a bit blind but nothing like a Pitts, Starduster, etc. The low-wing Extra has much better vis than the mid-wing (original) 300.

Toby said:
Carol, awesome chronicle. I liked the pictures of the fishing boat in the fog early Saturday. I missed all that -- must have been sleeping!

Thanks. I have to admit that Kathleen took many if not most of the photos. I took the early morning ones though.

That picture of Duke scratching his face in the grass is priceless. :)

Back