Pet Peeves

Tarragon, but not forgotten.

People that say he was such a nice guy. Yeah he was didn't prevent the cancer from spreading.

That list is a pet peeve of mine in itself. I was RAISED with the phrase "People don't live forever" as something to say when a relative dies. So that's what I said to a lady friend of mine that lost an aunt. She got really offended for some reason.

That's why these days I just prefer to STFU on the subject. Tired of second guessing the "right" thing to say.

People who don't turn with a red light even though there is ample space and there is no "no turn on red sign"

When the people that do not win the lottery complain about it when they didn't even buy a ticket.

People who honk at you to turn on red when there is a NO TURN ON RED sign posted.

attachment.php

Attachments

• No turn on red.jpg
    No turn on red.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
My newest pet peeve is that there is no spin zone any more, therefore I can't really express my most serious pet peeves.

When the people that do not win the lottery complain about it when they didn't even buy a ticket.

Why would that little detail matter to you. The odds of winning are so infinitesimally different between the ticket vs. no-ticket scenarios as to make the distinction meaningless.

Most toothbrush handles are now rounded, so you can't butter them with toothpaste and then lay them on the edge of the sink while you recap the tube...they freakin' roll over!

Most toothbrush handles are now rounded, so you can't butter them with toothpaste and then lay them on the edge of the sink while you recap the tube...they freakin' roll over!
Yeah, I hate it when that happens!:mad:

Simple fix! Belt sander, sand bottom of toothbrush flat, easy peasy! :rockon:

That list is a pet peeve of mine in itself. I was RAISED with the phrase "People don't live forever" as something to say when a relative dies. So that's what I said to a lady friend of mine that lost an aunt. She got really offended for some reason.

That's why these days I just prefer to STFU on the subject. Tired of second guessing the "right" thing to say.

People who think PC top-ten lists of "appropriate" behavior, are in any way useful to adults, beyond allowing someone else to tell you how to act or think. Screw that.

Simple fix! Belt sander, sand bottom of toothbrush flat, easy peasy! :rockon:

Stick the handle of the toothbrush in your mouth while capping the tube, then turn it around to use. No tools required, no mess to clean up, no melted plastic to scrape off the side of the handle before you use it.

I have never given that any thought as I have no problem holding a toothbrush and capping the tube at the same time.

People that change the kids diaper on the table in a really nice restaurant.

Oh freakin hell. You've seen that?!

As far as the toothbrush goes, this one seems to stay put just fine... and it's round.

4450507cf86c61db9384fd1b8c2435e3.jpg

Ohhhhh sneaky. See the flat spot? ;)

da9d1e4f669f5665c5b8b33f1de5ab8f.jpg

But then again, I'm with Mari in this one, I just hold the thing and don't have any trouble pasting it up at all while in mid-air.

Drivers that wait for three or four car lengths to develop before moving on a green light.

That's why only two cars get through at a time, dimwit, keep it tight, get through the intersection, THEN open the gap.

Drivers that wait for three or four car lengths to develop before moving on a green light.

That's why only two cars get through at a time, dimwit, keep it tight, get through the intersection, THEN open the gap.

:yes: I think that's the main contributor to city traffic. When someone does that (and a good majority do), only 3 cars can get through the light when at least 7 should have. :mad2:

I can't think of a better method to clear congestion than to just get out of the way.

Replace your front bumper with a stick of 6" dia, schedule 80 pipe.

Problem solved.

:goofy:

I've always wanted an old beater 4WD truck, jacked up a few inches. Railroad rail for a front bumper, cross tie for the back. Strong engine, good tranny, don't care about the body work. Those that won't move can get moved . . .

They weren't intentionally leaving a gap. They merely lost track of the light cycle while they texted.

Remember a few years ago when Richard Petty moved that car frm the left lane on I95 in North Carolina? :yesnod:

I hate it when you try to open a new tab on your browser but accidently close your current window, forcing you to re-log in to POA, email, etc.

Back