Pet Peeves

May be true, but don't ask for custom when you are in front of me in line. Slows down the whole process.

Well and places that are not used to doing lettuce wrap don't always do a good job of it. No, I take that back, they usually don't. Carl's, Habit and Inn & Out do lettuce wrap as a standard menu option - it doesn't slow the line, and they do it right. At other places it's normally like pulling teeth and you never get quite what you want. I don't even bother asking at McD's, BK or Jack in the Box, I'm either having the salad or eating my Double Quarter Pounder with a knife and fork.

Well alrighty then.

I just had it today at Whataburger--not a problem. They wondered what to do with the mayo and mustard, but in the end (drive thru) they put those in separate small containers so I could put them on as I wished. They served the whole thing on a bed of lettuce in a salad container. Worked great!!

I just had it today at Whataburger--not a problem. They wondered what to do with the mayo and mustard, but in the end (drive thru) they put those in separate small containers so I could put them on as I wished. They served the whole thing on a bed of lettuce in a salad container. Worked great!!
That's sounds, um, awful.

Just five minutes ago (burp) we had the world's best cheeseburger at the Wildhorse Saloon, literally 200 yard from home. The bun is an essential part of any good burger, and the Horse has a fantastic bun. Eliminating it is just...wrong.

About the same price as a WaterBurger, as all the Texas kids pronounce it, and so much better.

Having mayo with a burger is awful anyways! Yep..I said it!

Whoever found those onions at McDonald's should be fired. They're rotten tasting! Ok I don't eat there much anyways but still!

Yeah, I've done that before, just ordered a plain salad and a Whopper, tossed the buns, and made a burger salad. But what I really wanted was something I could pick up with my hands and eat.

Oh yeah... wet burritos. Sin bueno! WTF! The reason I order a damn burrito is so I can hold the thing in my hands and eat it! If you cover it with slop, I can't do that! If I wanted a burrito with slop on it that I have to use a fork for, I would have ordered the enchiladas!

Oh yeah... wet burritos. Sin bueno! WTF! The reason I order a damn burrito is so I can hold the thing in my hands and eat it! If you cover it with slop, I can't do that! If I wanted a burrito with slop on it that I have to use a fork for, I would have ordered the enchiladas!

Agree 100%. Enchiladas should be soupy. Burritos should be dry, and able to be eaten without utensils.

What's funny is that it is usually the authentic Mexican restaurants that eff this up, probably because the burrito isn't really Mexican.

Agree 100%. Enchiladas should be soupy. Burritos should be dry, and able to be eaten without utensils.

What's funny is that it is usually the authentic Mexican restaurants that eff this up, probably because the burrito isn't really Mexican.

you would eat a breakfast burrito without green chile? HEATHEN!

If you make it down to Parker sometime Clark, I'll treat to a "Three Meat Biggie" at Twisters (a New Mexico franchise burrito place), "handheld with easy green chili". (If you don't have them go easy on the chili it's so wet inside it'll disintegrate in your hands as you eat it. BTDT.)

The "three meat" is ham, sausage, and bacon. Breakfast burrito style with potatoes.

Thing is great anytime. A heart attack waiting to happen, but awesome.

Here's my latest load of LG Appliance Garbage.

I will take them to the hangar and bust them up. Each one has about $30 worth of copper inside. The rest goes to the dump, just 32 months after purchasing them brand-effing-new.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

10435590_828949587140937_1912881579671817266_n.jpg

If you make it down to Parker sometime Clark, I'll treat to a "Three Meat Biggie" at Twisters (a New Mexico franchise burrito place), "handheld with easy green chili". (If you don't have them go easy on the chili it's so wet inside it'll disintegrate in your hands as you eat it. BTDT.)

The "three meat" is ham, sausage, and bacon. Breakfast burrito style with potatoes.

Thing is great anytime. A heart attack waiting to happen, but awesome.

There's a Twisters about two miles from my house. Their handhelds leak all over but they are tasty.

The best local joint for me is the original El Tapatio - no handhelds 'cause you'll be seated. It's worth setting down for awhile...I had the best Mexican hamburger there once...

Let me guess...they were cheapest at the time though!

Nope. They are actually one of the more expensive through the wall units you can buy. We thought we were buying quality.

After buying 20 of them, and having them fail on average at 32 months, we know otherwise. LG is garbage.

Nope. They are actually one of the more expensive through the wall units you can buy. We thought we were buying quality.

After buying 20 of them, and having them fail on average at 32 months, we know otherwise. LG is garbage.

If you got charged more for an LG than say a GE Zoneline or Amana or Freidrich unit would have cost then I thinketh you got screwed. LG's prices tend to be towards the bottom of the PTAC pack.

Also, some brands have corrosion protection (salt air) as standard and with some it's optional. Don't know which camp LG falls in or if you got units designed to operate in salt air. If not, I could understand them having a short lifespan on an island.

chimichanga is fried

According to one source,[5] the founder of the Tucson, Arizona, restaurant "El Charro", Monica Flin, accidentally dropped a pastry into the deep fat fryer in 1922. She immediately began to utter a Spanish curse-word beginning "chi..." (chingada), but quickly stopped herself and instead exclaimed chimichanga, a Spanish equivalent of "thingamajig".[6]

Hah! The PoA vulgarity filter doesn't edit Spanish curse words!

:goofy:

Chingada

Chingada

Chingada

:goofy:

Sounds to me that some one needs to invent a no-carb bun for ya'll. Sounds horrible to me.

David

If you got charged more for an LG than say a GE Zoneline or Amana or Freidrich unit would have cost then I thinketh you got screwed. LG's prices tend to be towards the bottom of the PTAC pack.

The cheap ones all come from the same factory in china.

Also, some brands have corrosion protection (salt air) as standard and with some it's optional. Don't know which camp LG falls in or if you got units designed to operate in salt air. If not, I could understand them having a short lifespan on an island.
Sadly, none of those companies make a unit that fit our sleeves. We have found two that do: LG and Frigidaire. There may be others.

And now I've heard that Frigidaire has farmed out all of their HVAC to foreign manufacturers, so it's quite possible that we are still buying the same LG garbage. Argh.

The "Beachside" here is the strip of land beside the Atlantic ocean and separated from the "Mainland" by the intra-coastal water way.

If you live on the Beachside, it is understood and accepted that Air Conditioners will have a lifespan of about 3 years. The closer to the beach the shorter the life. So a lot of people buy the cheapest unit they can find because nothing is going to last much more than that.

Welcome to the 21st century people.

Ladies if you have chin hair or mustache and its visible get it waxed or pluck it out! Men be honest with your women if they need it tell them!

I work retail as some of you may know and I almost gagged at two customers that had full mustache. Few stragglers I'm okay with but you can't miss 30 dark hairs on your face or that weird one coming out the mole. Gahhhhh. Care about your appearance. The more you wax the less the hairs grow back.

People that let their kids be in charge of the TV channel/radio station/etc...

Bicycle riders that don't know how to use the bike lane or traffic lane at intersections. Okay I'll give you a pass if you are, or are with a three year old girl with training wheels. Go ahead and push the crosswalk button. But if you're an adult and there is no lack of traffic to trip the light, why screw it up for the rest of us and give us an extra long light when it isn't necessary.

Yeah and wax that 'stash while you're at it. Shave those armpits too. But leave at least some down below, it ain't quite the same without it.

Bicycle riders that don't know how to use the bike lane or traffic lane at intersections. Okay I'll give you a pass if you are, or are with a three year old girl with training wheels. Go ahead and push the crosswalk button. But if you're an adult and there is no lack of traffic to trip the light, why screw it up for the rest of us and give us an extra long light when it isn't necessary.

Yeah and wax that 'stash while you're at it. Shave those armpits too. But leave at least some down below, it ain't quite the same without it.

Add to that bike riders who refuse to use the bike lane where one is provided; who ride abreast unnecessarily (law sez they are to ride single file where I live); run stop signs and traffic lights; cut diagonally across streets regardless of other traffic - and the list goes on. Most bike riders are responsible people - but there is a certain subset who are arrogant SOBs

Dave

Add to that bike riders who refuse to use the bike lane where one is provided; who ride abreast unnecessarily (law sez they are to ride single file where I live); run stop signs and traffic lights; cut diagonally across streets regardless of other traffic - and the list goes on. Most bike riders are responsible people - but there is a certain subset who are arrogant SOBs

Dave

Agreed (and I am a biker, by the way.)

Dave

add to that, biker shorts. Add some drag people, i don't need to see your butt

Back