Personal Tradgedy

Don Jones

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DJones
Life has taken a horrible turn for my family and I. Late Sunday afternoon my son in law was killed in an off-roading accident in his baja bug. He and a friend were driving down a river levy and failed to see a washed out place in the road in time and rolled. Jason was ejected from the vehicle, his friend was airlifted to the hospital in El Paso in serious condition with major facial lacerations. He was released from the hospital last night.
Jason leaves a wife and two sons, Wyatt 7 & Bowdi 9. He was a terrific father to the boys and enjoyed taking them hunting, fishing, coached their soccer teams, and on and on. I don't think the boys really understand yet and are taking it ok. Our daughter Brittany is tough and doing as well as can be expected as are the rest of us during this difficult time.
Jason's death has affected my life on every front. He was my son in law first and my service manager in the business as well. He was the only reason I have had the freedom to leave the business and not worry. He was a real in charge guy and ran it like it was his own and it won't be the same without him. Since I have had to resume full control over the business again my flight instructing has come to a halt.
He will be sorely missed by all of us
Don

Don, what a horrible thing to happen. I am sorry for your loss, and the loss in your family.

My thoughts and prayers are out to you and yours.

I'm sorry Don. I'm sure anyone here will be willing to help if we can.

Don, I'm very sorry to hear of this. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Don Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.
Let us know if you need anything.

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Don, I am so sorry to hear this. My condolences go out to you and your family and I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask any one of us.

Best,
Jason

Last edited:
Don:

I've so sorry for you; both a son and business partner. My condolences to you and your family.

Best,

Dave

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss Don. I too, will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

My condolences as well. Be especially careful yourself and for others during a very difficult time.
It's such a shame, did the seat belt fail in the roll?

That is awful. I really feel for you Don. Your family is in our thoughts a prayers.

Don, My prayers are with you and your family. I am sorry for your loss.

Don, I am so, so sorry about your family's tragic loss. This must be so overwhelming for all of you.

Hopefully you will be able to get back to instructing some day. It looked like being a CFI had become a very rewarding experience for you.

That's so horrible, Don. You, and your family, are in my prayers.

Don Jones said:
He will be sorely missed by all of us
Don

Don, I know he will... I read something yesterday I think applies here.

It said "We all come into this world crying, with everybody around us smiling. Try to live your life in a way that when you leave, you're smiling and everyone around you is crying." It sounds to me like Jason did just that...

I'm so sorry for your loss, and you and his boys and his wife are in my prayers and thoughts.

Don there is really nothing to say here other than I am so sorry for you and your families loss. I pray that you your family especially your daughter and grand children will find peace and comfort in your son in laws memory.:(

My prayers are for you and your family. I can't imagine the pain you are going through. Life throws us some real curve balls.

Don, I, too, am saddened by the news and my heart goes out to your whole family, especially the young boys.

-Rich

What a tragedy. That's much too young to lose a father and a husband. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Don, such tragic news. We're all thinking of you and praying for you and your family.
Elizabeth

Don, My prayers are with you and your family as well. Although we will never understand why bad things happen to good people, you should be comforted by his accomplishments in the time he had and the fine additions to the family he helped give you.

Don, I am so sorry, man. That is truly a sad story, and you have every bit of my sympathy.

My heart really goes out to the children, I am so sorry.

Don,

Although we don't know each other except for the passion for flight that we share and the exchanges here on the forum, I pass along heart felt condolences from Mary and I. We pray for strength for you and your family as you navigate the days ahead. Cherish Jason's memory .....it sounds like he enjoyed life.

If there Is a scholorship fund for Wyatt and Bowdi it would be nice to post for fellow board members.

Keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

Gary and Mary Mascelli

Don, Your family will certainly be in my prayers this evening in the wake of this horrible loss.

Patrick

Don,
I can't add anything that others haven't already said here more eloquently than I ever could. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has been tough on all of us. It really hurts to think of those 2 boys. Having lost my own father(although not until I was 45) I know what it will be like for them not having dad to talk to or just hang out with.

I didn't mention it in the original post, but there is a true miracle in this story. The oldest boy, Bowdi was with them. They had an ice chest in the back seat with him which sloshed ice and water on the seat. Jason (only a few minutes before the accident) took Bowdi out and put him in the car with someone else. Folks if that is not a miracle I don't know what is.

Yes, one of our daughter's friends did set up an account for the boys, but I don't have the info right now.
Brittany and Jason have a lot of terrific friends. She has been surrounded by them for the last 2 days and nights. The wife and I were over there last night and there was no less than 30 people over there.
Something like this really lets you know who your true friends are.

Don

Last edited:
Don,

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Don, please accept my condolences at well. Words can never express the feelings; they are woefully inadequate.

The hardest part is that we, those who remain, must go on. I am sure you have your netowrk, but if someone here can help, I think all you need do is ask.

Don,

That is so sad I don't even know what to say. :( May you cherish his memory and find solace in what sounds like a life that was rich despite its short length.

Don,

I am sorry to hear of your loss, our condolences to your family. Like so many, I wish I had the words to make it better, there are just none I am sorry to say. Our prayers are with you in this time of need and loss.

John

Back