Personal Plates that are GA related

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
I had to make a trip to OK this weekend, but I had to drive. Driving down I-44 and I-40 I saw two plates that where GA related. One was SKY-HWK, the other was FLYN-LO.
What others have you all seen? I think I might come up with one of my own.

Not av-related, but in New Hampshire, I had FUUFNF registered. Surprisingly, New Mexico won't let me register it ;D

Dean said:
I had to make a trip to OK this weekend, but I had to drive. Driving down I-44 and I-40 I saw two plates that where GA related. One was SKY-HWK, the other was FLYN-LO.

A local skylane owner has simply "C182" as his personal plate.

Oh cripes, there are a lot around here with UND Aerospace in town, and I always chuckle and tell myself "You have to remember that" and you think I can think up a single one right now? NO! Grr. I'll keep my eyes open this week.

terry

Dean said:

Bo owner at KMWC: "A36 FLYR"
My primary flight instructor, who worked at Wisconsin Aviation: "WI AV8R"
Recently seen parked at the FBO: "0 AGL"

My dad's Nissan Pathfinder: GEAR-UP
My dad's Honda S2000: CLR-SKY
My grandfathers car: FLY-BY

We wanted GEAR-DN, FLAP-DN, and FL000, but they were all taken in CT.

Regards,
Jason

P.S. Still thinking/deciding what I'll have. :yes:

Well the one on my truck says N8085A ( wonder what that means)
Dave G.

IFLY, IFLYIFR, FLYDOC, FLYNSLO, IFLYFR8, BRLROLL are some I've seen. The doc is with a local volunteer group which flies down to Baja on scheduled medical missions, brlroll instructs in his Decath.

A friend of mine that owns a Bonanza has a license plat that says V35B.

My Boxster: RH FLYER
My F150: RH PILOT

(As in Rotorcraft-Helicopter, or maybe, Robinson Helicopter).

The CFI who taught me to fly helos: UH-1

Ex Navy guy in the next hangar from the R22: T28-C

I have 'AVIATOR' on the Highlander.

I have '182RG' on the bike.

Greg
182RG

I had MEFLY and MEFLY2 on my cars when I lived in SoCal. Someone up here has already taken them.

I checked the system today for plates that I like that are open. Here they are in order of interest.
AV8TER,C172E,GO-IFR,N2IMC,STK-TME and NVERTD

I couldn't think of a good abreviation for Money Pump; besides, it would be depressing. So, I stayed with the purple heart plate ;)

Last edited:
I have seen a local porsche owner with HANSA. Lets see how many remember that one.

Last edited:
flyingcheesehead said:
Bo owner at KMWC: "A36 FLYR"
My primary flight instructor, who worked at Wisconsin Aviation: "WI AV8R"
Recently seen parked at the FBO: "0 AGL"

Gack! I'm trying to get some plates for my new car, and according to the DMV, all of the following are already taken:

FLYING
FLYIN
(I was going to get Green Bay Packer plates with one of the above... Ya know, "flyingcheesehead" :yes: :D but... :no:)
FLY 4 FUN
FLYN HI
FLY HI
LK A BIRD
LUV 2 FLY
AV8 4 FUN
TAKEOFF
NO WINGS
LIFTOFF
FLY AWAY
IFR FLYR
FLY IFR
FLY GUY

flyingcheesehead said:
Gack! I'm trying to get some plates for my new car, and according to the DMV, all of the following are already taken:

FLYING
FLYIN
(I was going to get Green Bay Packer plates with one of the above... Ya know, "flyingcheesehead" :yes: :D but... :no:)
FLY 4 FUN
FLYN HI
FLY HI
LK A BIRD
LUV 2 FLY
AV8 4 FUN
TAKEOFF
NO WINGS
LIFTOFF
FLY AWAY
IFR FLYR
FLY IFR
FLY GUY

Go for "MLE HI CLB" ;)

flyingcheesehead said:

FLYING
FLYIN
FLY 4 FUN
FLYN HI
FLY HI
LK A BIRD
LUV 2 FLY
AV8 4 FUN
TAKEOFF
NO WINGS
LIFTOFF
FLY AWAY
IFR FLYR
FLY IFR
FLY GUY

How about:

AV8R
HI FLYR
GEAR-UP
GEAR-DN
SKC
10NCLR
CAVU

...I'll try to think of more later.

flyingcheesehead said:

FLYING
FLYIN
FLY 4 FUN
FLYN HI
FLY HI
LK A BIRD
LUV 2 FLY
AV8 4 FUN
TAKEOFF
NO WINGS
LIFTOFF
FLY AWAY
IFR FLYR
FLY IFR
FLY GUY
Dude, you live in Wisconsin. You ya THINK that maybe there are a few other pilots to compete with you?

It was in 1984, when we had just bought a new car, that my wife came up with the idea of "PILAWT" (contraction of "pilot" and "law") for the personalized plate. It sorta stuck.

The owner of the local FBO has 172's in his fleet and a pristine 180 of his own. His auto license plates are "172-FLY" and "180-FLY" -- and they are not personalized, just the standard-issue, sequential plates.

-- Pilawt

CAVU...I like it!

Most states require 7 characters or less?

How 'bout:

SHRTFLD
TI170A
MOGAS
GAMI (not for me)
SKIFLY
FLYSKI
FLOATS
TAILDRG

And my favorite

UPUPAWY

Richard said:
IFLY, IFLYIFR, FLYDOC, FLYNSLO, IFLYFR8, BRLROLL are some I've seen. The doc is with a local volunteer group which flies down to Baja on scheduled medical missions, brlroll instructs in his Decath.

How about CHECK6?

The one on my truck is IAR 823 and my wife's car is N129GC.

TL SPIN - the lady that owned the car was a jumper (not pilot).

Shipoke said:
Well the one on my truck says N8085A ( wonder what that means)
Dave G.

I have N201RR in the current PA edition plate, the prior PA edition plate, and also in the ~1991 vintage California plates.

Can you see the one on my pick-up?:dunno:

Attachments

• 101_0384.jpg
    101_0384.jpg
    674.5 KB · Views: 69
alaskaflyer said:

I thought about that one too, but as much as I enjoyed ski flying (both flights!) it's not something I do on a regular basis so I figured I'd leave it for someone who actually does ski fly on a regular basis.

Oooh, I like!

Back