Personal Plates that are GA related

mikea said:
Dude, you live in Wisconsin. You ya THINK that maybe there are a few other pilots to compete with you?

I know we've got a lot of airports here... But do we have a lot of pilots too? :dunno: I thought the reason we had a lot of airports was because everybody's got to have a place to stop and rent a car for OSH. :rolleyes:

Sorry to drag up a really old thread, but my vanity plane just recently arrived. Hopefully I'll get some smiles from other pilots on the road.

I don't think I mentioned it yet, but I did finally get my drivers license June 20th, 7 months after my first solo. Stupid CT laws. :yes:

Attachments

• rotate.jpg
    rotate.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 15
A freind of mine in MI has AV8RYX... I've been thinking of coping hers here.

Sorry to drag up a really old thread, but my vanity plane just recently arrived. Hopefully I'll get some smiles from other pilots on the road.

I don't think I mentioned it yet, but I did finally get my drivers license June 20th, 7 months after my first solo. Stupid CT laws. :yes:

THAT'S your DRIVERS license? How big is yer wallet? :D

Here's one that is kinda sad, but shows great spirit. Belongs to a fella who is in a wheel chair and runs a flight school:

"Fly1Leg"...yep, he's an amputee...more power to him!

My truck wears N7872G.

HR

Attachments

• Georgetown Tree Removal.jpg
    Georgetown Tree Removal.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
My vanity plate is AV8RDAV. It was my third choice on the form and I got it about 18 years ago. It means aviator and my first name Dave.

I'd like 121PT5 but being in the communication business 7600 would be appropriate.

Gack! I'm trying to get some plates for my new car, and according to the DMV, all of the following are already taken:

FLYING
FLYIN
FLY 4 FUN
FLYN HI
FLY HI
LK A BIRD
LUV 2 FLY
AV8 4 FUN
TAKEOFF
NO WINGS
LIFTOFF
FLY AWAY
IFR FLYR
FLY IFR
FLY GUY
FLYIN

I have that one. ;)

Here's the one on my pickup: SKY
DSC00016.jpg

I saw 7700 KF on the highway the other day. Spent half my drive trying to figure out what KF stood for. Then I realized that Maine's plates are all 4 numbers and 2 letters, and I just wasted the better part of an hour trying to decipher two randomly generated letters.

Our local 94-year-old, who still flies his Aercoupe, has "IFLY-TO"; another gentleman has "IFLY4U". Both are infinite wells of aviation knowledge, lore, legend, and skill.

I look up to both of them.

Back